I can only imagine running that beast.

heat-ss3.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Woohoo! Caught the biggest bass I've ever caught out of the pond here at the house. 3 solid pounds of largemouth that could fit my fist in his mouth. Only threw six casts. Caught a little 12" one on the second cast. Then this one whacked my slug-go about 4' from the edge of the weeds. Great evening.
    Awesome!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Time for the big reveal ..... why I was so disappointed when the LGS had to put me on 'delay', and why I jumped for joy when the 'proceed' came through.
    I took it to the cabin on the day that I picked it up. There was thunder in the valley ! :ar15:

This is probably the only firearm that I'll buy this year .... but I'll love it long time.

Springfield Saint Victor .308 ..... 10.3" barrel pistol ..... it was the first one that USDS had seen. There are not many in the wild.

Other than an optic, it comes with just about everything that a shooter needs. Has a nickel boron flat-faced trigger, 2-piece blast diffuser, SBA3 stock, Magpul grip with storage, Q.D. socket on the receiver endplate ..... and on, and on.
    I mounted a Vortex 3X magnification Spitfire ..... fancy etched reticle, and choice of red, or green.
    I'm in LOVE ! :wwub:

As Springfield's ad notes, with identical barrel lengths, the .308 puts twice the ft./lbs. of energy downrange as a .556.
    1600 ft./lbs. versus 800 ft/lbs. at 100 yards .... whatever it hits is D.R.T. !
    WOW!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Woohoo! Caught the biggest bass I've ever caught out of the pond here at the house. 3 solid pounds of largemouth that could fit my fist in his mouth. Only threw six casts. Caught a little 12" one on the second cast. Then this one whacked my slug-go about 4' from the edge of the weeds. Great evening.

Nice. My problem when I catch a good one early is I then keep pounding water looking for more of them. Sometimes that works out for me, other times not.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good morning ! Thanks for the comments on the new beast, guys. :)
    I need to think of a name for it.....special ones deserve a name !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up 2 new projects (HVAC) in the last 2 days.
    Taking 2 of the legacy 1911's out to allens to make some changes.
    They will be posted up for sale when I am done.

Been some stressful times lately.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...They will be posted up for sale when I am done...

Very sorry to hear this is the end results of your efforts on these pieces...but I understand. Life takes some strange turns.

On a lighter note, Very nice new toy MM.

I was able to pick up my new CZ 457 At-One Varmint 16.5" barrel this afternoon. I may have to man up and learn to do my first action bedding on this one. I have a horrible fear of permanently bonding the action and stock.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very sorry to hear this is the end results of your efforts on these pieces...but I understand. Life takes some strange turns.

On a lighter note, Very nice new toy MM.

I was able to pick up my new CZ 457 At-One Varmint 16.5" barrel this afternoon. I may have to man up and learn to do my first action bedding on this one. I have a horrible fear of permanently bonding the action and stock.

Thanks ! I love the look of the At-One stock.... I hope that it works out for you. :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I had the same thought about mine. Not super impressed (my expectations were exceedingly high) with the action to stock fit though I like the stock overall. Lots of forum chatter about torque specs affecting accuracy - but you know what you read on the internet isn’t always accurate. Someday I’ll see what is out there for a pillar set.

I couldn’t let you have all the fun and ordered a Ti-rant 9m today.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I had the same thought about mine. Not super impressed (my expectations were exceedingly high) with the action to stock fit though I like the stock overall. Lots of forum chatter about torque specs affecting accuracy - but you know what you read on the internet isn’t always accurate. Someday I’ll see what is out there for a pillar set.

I couldn’t let you have all the fun and ordered a Ti-rant 9m today.
    I decided today that my m77 Tang will get a glass bedding job. Been you tubing as it will be my first attempt as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom