The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    We're not arguing......KJ asked a question, and it led to a discussion. But yes, shouldering is prime !

If you are not carrying a 475 in an SBR, you are under gunned.

The question is a situational one as to what an appropriate threat response coupled within your own personal risk analysis. There is not a single platform solution nor is one inherently wrong over another.

Unless you’re pack a 22 short.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If you are not carrying a 475 in an SBR, you are under gunned.

The question is a situational one as to what an appropriate threat response coupled within your own personal risk analysis. There is not a single platform solution nor is one inherently wrong over another.

Unless you’re pack a 22 short.

.475, huh ? :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I'm fighting for my life, I'll take something that I can shoulder, whether it's pistol or rifle caliber, over a handgun EVERY time. I can control the gun better, will most likely have greater capacity and will have far better accuracy with a shoulder fired gun. Pistol caliber or rifle caliber, as long as it works and your efficient in using it, that's what matters the most. We could argue ballistics and distances and all that forever and ever.
    ;)

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Completely off-topic (when are we ever on topic though?), you guys who like to grill things - what is a decently affordable charcoal grill? I'd like to have a kamado, but the decent ones all seem to be over $1K from what I'm seeing. I won't get one for a while, but I might want one over the summer since I have a little area of flagstone outside the back door that would work for a grill (after I kill all the weeds :xmad:).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Completely off-topic (when are we ever on topic though?), you guys who like to grill things - what is a decently affordable charcoal grill? I'd like to have a kamado, but the decent ones all seem to be over $1K from what I'm seeing. I won't get one for a while, but I might want one over the summer since I have a little area of flagstone outside the back door that would work for a grill (after I kill all the weeds :xmad:).
    I may have a decent free used one I can give you. I had waited to move before I bought my new gas grill (waited like 2 years lol) and I think I still have the old charcoal one I bought after the old gas grill died. I may have put it out for the scrappers. Ill have to check at the old house for you.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Vermont Castings makes some great stuff (if they are still around). I have had one at the park for about 6 years. Sits outside year round and is still in great shape.

At the house, we just get something from the Big Box store and watch it rust out in about five years.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning again Czickoos!

The range trip with WT was a great one. The new P10C/OR of his really is a shooter for sure. Like he said, right out of the box (both gun and with a halo, he was doing a single ragged hole right on the bullseye at 7 yards. We each shot each other’s P10 (his a C and mine an S) with 507Cs mounted back to back. I think that we each shot each other’s gun a bit better than our own but both are fantastic carry options.

On the way home, I picked this up from AllenM after getting the RMR cut done.
    5c2ec33286be0daad7adfbd88766c548.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds like a great day!!
    Looks great 88!! It took me afew range trips and many more in practice to get fully confident with my rmr equipted pistols but now that I am Im hooked. Im not bad with irons just like on a rifle too, but a red dot is always faster and you will be more accurate more consistently with a red dot if you train with it. If you just pick one up and dont train then no you may just hate them. As with anything, you have to put in the effort and repetition. Thats really all it is. Skill develops through repetition. There's not really any birthright or awesomeness attached. Although sometimes I do like to wear my superman underwear when i go shooting;)

As always, my red dot pistols are availible for loan or use to the group at any time.

Ok sermon over. Collar off, sock on :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning again Czickoos!

The range trip with WT was a great one. The new P10C/OR of his really is a shooter for sure. Like he said, right out of the box (both gun and with a halo, he was doing a single ragged hole right on the bullseye at 7 yards. We each shot each other’s P10 (his a C and mine an S) with 507Cs mounted back to back. I think that we each shot each other’s gun a bit better than our own but both are fantastic carry options.

On the way home, I picked this up from AllenM after getting the RMR cut done.
    5c2ec33286be0daad7adfbd88766c548.jpg

That came out looking great! I can't wait to shoot it with the 9mm barrel in it... :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom