The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My drink of choice last night was cough syrup with codeine and an antihistamine. Almost as good as nyquil chicken. It put me down very early. The only downside is I was back up at 2:30.

Guess I'll have to have some more after a while and take a long morning nap.:)

CZ...

I was looking hard at the PSA AK-V last night. Luckily Bandit and Carlos convinced me I don’t need to buy any more guns.

Personally I'm excited for the ps9. It's like a g****, but a psa at the same time.... this will be the most divisive gun on the market and a msrp of $299 or O.R. at $349. Even I can afford it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    All this talk of backpack guns has me thinking, reevaluating, and measuring. How little are these backpack guns y’all are building? I need to make sure I’m keeping up.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    All this talk of backpack guns has me thinking, reevaluating, and measuring. How little are these backpack guns y’all are building? I need to make sure I’m keeping up.
    Everyone knows that you have some of the baddest-ass guns on the planet, KJ......so nobody is measuring d***s here, but something to consider (and multiple ballistic calculators will back me up)
    ....... 5.56 is the way to go (IMO). Out of my 8.5" barrel, I'm getting 800 ft/lbs of muzzle energy, which is twice the energy of a 9mm round. Plus, a green-tip 5.56 will defeat body armor, and not deflect when going through auto glass. I'll take a rifle cartridge in my backpack gun every time, and twice on Sunday !

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    With a folding stock, I could probably get the MPX down to about 13 inches. The UMP folded is right at 18”, but it can shoot folded. They’re both pistol calibers, so I guess I’m still undergunned. :runaway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    With a folding stock, I could probably get the MPX down to about 13 inches. The UMP folded is right at 18”, but it can shoot folded. They’re both pistol calibers, so I guess I’m still undergunned. :runaway:
    :dunno:....horses for courses ( or whatever that wise saying is ) :D

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Just get a leather scabbard for the Winchester and wear it on your back next to a pack.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If I'm fighting for my life, I'll take something that I can shoulder, whether it's pistol or rifle caliber, over a handgun EVERY time. I can control the gun better, will most likely have greater capacity and will have far better accuracy with a shoulder fired gun. Pistol caliber or rifle caliber, as long as it works and your efficient in using it, that's what matters the most. We could argue ballistics and distances and all that forever and ever.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If I'm fighting for my life, I'll take something that I can shoulder, whether it's pistol or rifle caliber, over a handgun EVERY time. I can control the gun better, will most likely have greater capacity and will have far better accuracy with a shoulder fired gun. Pistol caliber or rifle caliber, as long as it works and your efficient in using it, that's what matters the most. We could argue ballistics and distances and all that forever and ever.
    We're not arguing......KJ asked a question, and it led to a discussion. But yes, shouldering is prime !

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We're not arguing......KJ asked a question, and it led to a discussion. But yes, shouldering is prime !
    Definitely this. No arguments here. You guys have been doing these backpack guns for awhile, and I was just curious how little they are. Got out my only backpack, and opened the safe, to see what would fit in it. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom