The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I do steel cut oats in the Instant Pot. Easy

I have a canister of those oats as well. One of these days I'll try some in the IP ;)

Had a good time meeting up with CM and WTB at PB today. Bought the CZ 1911 from CM and after we all talked for a while WTB and I went in and shot for an hour.

I think the Silencer Shop Kiosk will finally get me into suppressors. I have some studying to do on that.

Good seeing you and CM today. Of course, what was waiting in the mailbox when I got home? The mounting plate for my optic... :ugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I thought that was an either/or type of thing.
    Na you can do each item however way you want.
    So you could have 1 suppressor just in your name, and another in a trust name with several co-trusties or none and add or subtract later.
    But if you do one as an individual only then if you ever want to add it to a trust then you have to pay the $200 stamp again.
    Trusts just give you so much more flexibility.
    You can also add trusted friends and loan them your class3 items on a trust.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, optic is now mounted and ready to be sighted in... :yesway:

JM3mk17h.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Na you can do each item however way you want.
    So you could have 1 suppressor just in your name, and another in a trust name with several co-trusties or none and add or subtract later.
    But if you do one as an individual only then if you ever want to add it to a trust then you have to pay the $200 stamp again.
    Trusts just give you so much more flexibility.
    You can also add trusted friends and loan them your class3 items on a trust.

Question born of ignorance:

If you make a purchase as individual and later want to transfer that item to your trust, you have to submit for another stamp?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That’s just crazy man.

You can't take it with you, we are all just temporary caretakers of this stuff. Last time the sons were here we talked about grandma moving to assisted living. I don't think any of those places let you have firearms, but don't know for sure.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    So if you had an NFA item you wanted to sell to a friend, and he didn't want to pay for a stamp, you could add him to your trust? Then although it changed storage locations, he wouldn't have to get a stamp, because it was still the property of the trust? If he was someone you trusted like family. Better than most family.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So if you had an NFA item you wanted to sell to a friend, and he didn't want to pay for a stamp, you could add him to your trust? Then although it changed storage locations, he wouldn't have to get a stamp, because it was still the property of the trust? If he was someone you trusted like family. Better than most family.
    Yes, the items can be stored with members on the trust. As long as they can be brought back to the trust location.
    Im not sure if there is a official amount of time for this. You'd have to ask a lawyer. But unless you told someone or wrote it down when they took possession no one would know how long they had it. Another benefit of a trust. "NUNYA" AKA none of your business :):
    Its meant to keep things private.
    But yes, if they are on the trust, they can be in possession of any of the trusts property as long as they are of legal age and a proper person.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom