The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really like mountain house meals. They taste really good.
    The packets are good for on the go. If im traveling ill take my jetboil with me to boil water and add to the bag, let sit, and boom, good food.
    The #10 cans i stock up on of coarse, but I keep my stuff rotated so as I have things I want to rotate out, which isnt often since it lasts so long, (maybe I just want to do QC checks ;) ) ill make a #10 can for the kids and I for a dinner entre with a fresh veggie as a side. They love it. But my kids also like MRE's so, lol.
    Ive tried to raise/trick them to be used to survival food just incase we ever have to live on it in an emergency. They'll be used to a lot of things I've pre-conditioned and taught them and then theyll understand why.

Wise foods isnt as easy to prepare as mountain house and it takes more energy and time. Doesnt taste as good either imo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really like mountain house meals. They taste really good.
    The packets are good for on the go. If im traveling ill take my jetboil with me to boil water and add to the bag, let sit, and boom, good food.
    The #10 cans i stock up on of coarse, but I keep my stuff rotated so as I have things I want to rotate out, which isnt often since it lasts so long, (maybe I just want to do QC checks ;) ) ill make a #10 can for the kids and I for a dinner entre with a fresh veggie as a side. They love it. But my kids also like MRE's so, lol.
    Ive tried to raise/trick them to be used to survival food just incase we ever have to live on it in an emergency. They'll be used to a lot of things I've pre-conditioned and taught them and then theyll understand why.

We have a crap load of Freeze dried food stored for any and all situations. Never ate any of it.

Good to hear it is edible.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have a crap load of Freeze dried food stored for any and all situations. Never ate any of it.

Good to hear it is edible.
    Yeah its pretty good but im weird. You should bust some of it open and make some. Good to practice it now anyways so when you are under stress you aren't "learning" things. Not that its rocket science, but there's tricks you learn to everything. Plus its always fun to play with toys ;)
    And im sure the terrorists would love the adventure with grandpa!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah its pretty good but im weird. You should bust some of it open and make some. Good to practice it now anyways so when you are under stress you aren't "learning" things. Not that its rocket science, but there's tricks you learn to everything. Plus its always fun to play with toys ;)
    And im sure the terrorists would love the adventure with grandpa!

Pretty much my thoughts.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I use old fashioned oats and the microwave. Minute and instant are too much like glue.

Old fashioned is what I have. A recipe that looked interesting basically toasted the oats with butter, then had milk poured on top and left in the fridge for 6 - 8 hours or overnight. Then you bring it just to a boil and use a whisk for about 10 minutes to get the oats to release some of the starch, which thickens them up. They are supposed to end up very creamy, with a nice flavor due to being toasted first. Haven't tried it yet, but hope to later tonight.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Old fashioned is what I have. A recipe that looked interesting basically toasted the oats with butter, then had milk poured on top and left in the fridge for 6 - 8 hours or overnight. Then you bring it just to a boil and use a whisk for about 10 minutes to get the oats to release some of the starch, which thickens them up. They are supposed to end up very creamy, with a nice flavor due to being toasted first. Haven't tried it yet, but hope to later tonight.
    A toasted almond is also good. Haven't had one of those in a long time.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Interesting, but more work than I'm willing to apply for a breakfast of oatmeal. Fuel for the furnace.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Interesting, but more work than I'm willing to apply for a breakfast of oatmeal. Fuel for the furnace.

The recipe makes enough for 5 servings or so. Only have to make it once and coast the other days. I'm willing to at least try it to see if what I think of it. I could see making it Sunday night and just warming some up every morning before work. The bowl of overnight oats I had are seriously sticking with me. I ate them at 8:30 and I'm still not hungry. That's pretty good for me, since I'm normally hungry every couple hours... :):

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    The Mosin roared and belched flames today ..... much to the delight of the crowd at Point Blank. My amigos each put a round or two through it also, and since it didn't blow-up in our faces, we declared it to be a fantastical old shooting iron ! :alright:
    BenP actually has a video of me shooting the beast .... made in 1952, just like me.

Hannabone brought some amazing pistols to the range this afternoon ..... they delighted the senses !

Fun was had by all. It was a good day. :)

it was a fantastic day...albeit too short...but the company was excellent [[missed seeing TT though]] and the shooting outta this world.!

That beast Mosin was was the nuts. Love it.!

Benp shot his Phantom lights out.

I shot MM's browning 22lr and just about stole it from him.

Way too much fun for a cold day in Greenwood.

Thanks for the invite.!!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom