The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yup! The first video I saw was from a distance and I couldn't quite see where Connor's kick landed. Another angle showed it better. You could visibly see Cerrone get wobbly after that kick landed. I used to follow MMA fighting quite a bit. I've lost touch with who's who anymore though. I was watching it more back when Anderson Silva and the Iceman were still in the cage.
    I stopped watching shortly after Silva got beat the first time. Pride FC was fun, if only to watch Fedor lay waste to opponents with that blank expression.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    We watched Silva break his leg live on PPV.

I’ve never seen a roomful of men groan, cry and hold their food down.

It was brutal and they keep replaying it in slow motion.

If you haven’t seen it - it’s worth a Google - if you can stomach it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yup! The first video I saw was from a distance and I couldn't quite see where Connor's kick landed. Another angle showed it better. You could visibly see Cerrone get wobbly after that kick landed. I used to follow MMA fighting quite a bit. I've lost touch with who's who anymore though. I was watching it more back when Anderson Silva and the Iceman were still in the cage.
    Watching it gets my blood pumping. Man i wish i was healthy again and could still do that. I was never on that level but I wasn't a bum either.
    Now i have to end it extra fast because we both (me and attacker) would be going to the hospital. Them with a broken face and me with everything else broken.
    My son threw me a hackysack one day and my subconscious brain still remembering younger days issued my leg the kick command. I felt a pop and didnt walk right for 2 weeks with a pain from my toe into my lower back. I hate having to second guess every move i make

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Silva was a machine, but he got bored with people and it got him knocked out by a reaching punch from (can't remember fighter's name) and then broke his leg on the rematch. I used to love watching him fight though amongst many others.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Watching it gets my blood pumping. Man i wish i was healthy again and could still do that. I was never on that level but I wasn't a bum either.
    Same here. I fight vicariously through those guys. Thankfully in my adult life I've never been in a position that I've had to punch or kick another person, but there have been plenty of times I've damn sure wanted to. I'm not a violent person, but if you mess with my friends or family, then things will get real spicy.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Same here. I fight vicariously through those guys. Thankfully in my adult life I've never been in a position that I've had to punch or kick another person, but there have been plenty of times I've damn sure wanted to. I'm not a violent person, but if you mess with my friends or family, then things will get real spicy.
    Its good to know what getting hit in the face feels like. I think everyone should do some serious (professional I mean) force on force training of some kind where you are going to get hit under controlled conditions. Anything you can do to simulate that fight or flight response and learn how to train through it and shoot just is gonna save your life one day.
    Just talking how it applies to all of us now.
    But you never know, just going to eat with family someone could just sucker punch you. Being able to get past that initial shock quicker because you've experienced it before could save your life.
    Tactical Response has a good class for this. The fight, and the fight continues. Reality based scenarios and simunitions.
    For the fighting stuff theres other options.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Its good to know what getting hit in the face feels like. I think everyone should do some serious (professional I mean) force on force training of some kind where you are going to get hit under controlled conditions. Anything you can do to simulate that fight or flight response and learn how to train through it and shoot just is gonna save your life one day.
    But you never know, just going to eat with family someone could just sucker punch you. Being able to get past that initial shock quicker because you've experienced it before could save your life.
    Tactical Response has a good class for this. The fight, and the fight continues. Reality based scenarios and simunitions
    This is good advice and something I have zero experience with.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I was proactive here. Gave her a fistful of MSD money and said we would square up later. I will loose on this as she will not see it that I gave her too much. (:lmfao:)

Be sure to tell her that it included payment for the CZ 1911 as well.

Glad you popped your side folder cherry Carlos!!
    You can lay your black one alongside my tan one

When should we expect the black and tan hybrid baby AR's to go on the market or will you be keeping them all?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tactical Response has a good class for this. The fight, and the fight continues. Reality based scenarios and simunitions.
    For the fighting stuff theres other options.

he best laid out self defence plans go straight in the toilet when you get punched in the face. All bets are off.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have had some interesting conversations with LGS counter people about this. They hand me a gun from the case and do nt check it. I verify clear and get called on it.
    "Do you think we are not safe here sir'

"yes I do"

"Why"

"You handed me a gun and did not verify it was empty, safe to handle"

"None of our guns are loaded man".

"Goodbye"

Agreed. Even if someone does check it and hands it to me closed, I'm re-verifying because if I don't see it for myself, it is still loaded. Doesn't matter if it's a gun store clerk or the pope handing it to me. Still gets checked again by me.

When handing someone a firearm I simply lock the slide,bolt or have the cylinder open. Makes it easier for everyone.

Agreed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Agreed. Even if someone does check it and hands it to me closed, I'm re-verifying because if I don't see it for myself, it is still loaded. Doesn't matter if it's a gun store clerk or the pope handing it to me. Still gets checked again by me.

Agreed.
    If the pope hands it to me im making sure the firing pin/striker is still in it :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom