The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ran across this quote tonight. It’s from Elmer Keith in his book ‘Sixguns’.

“Treat them as loaded guns always and you will never have an accident. I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; "empty guns" kill people very year.”

— Sixguns by Elmer Keith
    http://a.co/7AybA9A

I didn’t realize that he was one of the originators of the ‘always loaded’ rule. He goes on to say that he has hundreds of visitors each year and when he hands them guns to see, he lets them know that the gun is loaded. All of his guns were kept loaded all of the time. He says that it causes people to handle the guns much safer than if he handed the guns to them empty.

It’s a shame that society has come to the point of having a gun loaded in a house is considered a major safety issue and has caused people to lose their right to have guns.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All guns are always loaded, until you make sure otherwise. Once it leaves your complete control even for a second it must be reverified.
    Another common and deadly mistake is people do not visually inspect the chamber. Some people actually stick a diget into the chamber to go one further. My fat little finger isn't gonna do it. My eyeballs can see good enough still to see an empty chamber.
    Must always be done. Always

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All guns are always loaded, until you make sure otherwise. Once it leaves your complete control even for a second it must be reverified.
    Another common and deadly mistake is people do not visually inspect the chamber. Some people actually stick a diget into the chamber to go one further. My fat little finger isn't gonna do it. My eyeballs can see good enough still to see an empty chamber.
    Must always be done. Always

I have had some interesting conversations with LGS counter people about this. They hand me a gun from the case and do nt check it. I verify clear and get called on it.
    "Do you think we are not safe here sir'

"yes I do"

"Why"

"You handed me a gun and did not verify it was empty, safe to handle"

"None of our guns are loaded man".

"Goodbye"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have had some interesting conversations with LGS counter people about this. They hand me a gun from the case and do nt check it. I verify clear and get called on it.
    "Do you think we are not safe here sir'

"yes I do"

"Why"

"You handed me a gun and did not verify it was empty, safe to handle"

"None of our guns are loaded man".

"Goodbye"
    Lol yep.
    I wont ever take offense to someone rechecking a gun I hand them. Its good gun handling.
    Ego is what drags the gun community down. Sometimes people think someone is questioning their manhood or something because they have a firearms issue disagreement. Sit down and have a friendly chat and become besties. Remove the ego. Im never going to try to make someone feel stupid for not knowing something. There's PLENTY that I do not know myself. But we should never criticize someone for being safe. That IS stupid.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Alright you hooligans, looks like I'm finally joining the Law Tactical folding AR pistol club. Placed an order for the folder and a Faxon 10.5" barrel to convert my existing 12.5" AR to backpack capable duty.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ordered 6 more brands of ammo to continue Noveske accuracy testing and also a good amount of 75gr Speer Gold Dots for defensive purposes.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Alright you hooligans, looks like I'm finally joining the Law Tactical folding AR pistol club. Placed an order for the folder and a Faxon 10.5" barrel to convert my existing 12.5" AR to backpack capable duty.

The Bandit gave you (4) thumbsup, so I'ma gonna give you (5) ! :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Welp - that fight didn’t last long....
    The Cowboy needs to retire.... sheesh. Although the record will show that the fight lasted 40 seconds, the talking heads agreed that it was really "over" in 20 seconds. :(
    (they showed about 10 seconds of 'highlights', so I saw the important parts, and saved $90 !) :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

am picking up the CZ today that will complete my back pack BOB/GHB combo.
    I will post pics later today when I put it together.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

I'd be right there with you Carlos, but TT had these magazines and they were a deal.

Good morning and Happy Thursday, Holligans. :coffee:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :spend::spend::spend:

Rum and Coke for the win.
    It can be a persuasive ally in the shopping department. Just have to review the checkout page a little more than usual, to make sure something unexpected didn't get added to the order. :):
    am picking up the CZ today that will complete my back pack BOB/GHB combo.
    I will post pics later today when I put it together.
    I need to research other options for the backpack. The Vertx Gamut 2.0 that MM recommended was $120 on Amazon for awhile and now has jumped to $167.
    I'd be right there with you Carlos, but TT had these magazines and they were a deal.

Good morning and Happy Thursday, Holligans. :coffee:
    More mags is always a good idea. Can't blame you there.
    The Bandit gave you (4) thumbsup, so I'ma gonna give you (5) ! :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:
    Your pictures were very motivational, so were gmcttr's and TT helped also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom