The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Speaking of steel plates - Anyone remember how small the ones out at the end of the range were at the FGE? I was proud of myself for hitting it a couple of times! :):
    Those were Patience’s plates. They were pretty good size, but it was also very windy that day, and you hit them.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'd have a hard time seeing much at 400 yards without some sort of scope.

My plates at 15-25 yards are 4 inch the 80 and 100 yard plates are 10 inch. I'd buy one of those "cowboy" plates like Hickok45 has, but they are expensive.
    That man has got to have a fortune in his steel on that range. What a fun setup though. My 10yr old loves watching his videos because she loves to hear the steel ring.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The plate rack, and the dualing tree are 6” plates. The smallest rifle plates I have are 8”.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That man has got to have a fortune in his steel on that range. What a fun setup though. My 10yr old loves watching his videos because she loves to hear the steel ring.

He's got some of those old silhouette targets from the 70s down range. Chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sort of depends on the size of the steel. Shooting steel at 300, 400, 500, 600 yards, etc. is often posted about but the size of the steel always seems to be left out.

A full size silhouette at 200 yards is any AR, iron sights and shot off hand territory all day long while a 4" round steel at 400 yards would be a whole different animal.
    Well yeah but a 4" steel plate at 400 yards is like making a man shot at 1000 yards.
    But ill take your 4" plate challenge at 400 yards as long as I can bring my AR and ill guarentee 5 hits in a row on it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom