The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Turbo speaking In positives about the AR...…….amazing.

Maybe he will actually open his heart to the 1911 one day.

Wait....….what is this "G" word stuff.

He only needs to feel the 8,000 yr. old mammoth ivory in his hands ..... then, he'll lust for one ! :D

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Turbo speaking In positives about the AR...…….amazing.

Maybe he will actually open his heart to the 1911 one day.

Wait....….what is this "G" word stuff.

It ate me up getting from the original thought to buying it, but I’m happy I did. It fits me well. I think I broke myself from spending so much time with the Ruger Mks.

I think I’ll leave the 1911s for you. I’ve crossed that bridge with one of yours and it didn’t stick. Don’t think there is much hope for me. Lol

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    18" with a Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrel, and a LaRue trigger........... Boom, the Blue Mink, in other words. But you could make yours any color you like ! :D

I can’t do a color themed gun or Bandit will name it for me. And, I don’t know if I’d like whatever name he comes up with.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm probably to blame for the AR. The Glock thing he came up with on his own. I'm okay with it, but I don't need a fancy pants trigger. :stickpoke:

Yep your fault for the x39 AR. I’m still blaming the Wiz for the 6CM AR10.

The G thing came about from that conversation, over in the rimfire thread, about my frustration that I wasn’t finding a 22 pistol other than the Mks that felt right. Given the similar grip style, it didn’t take much for true dots to connect and curiosity to set in.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Took the family to a few pawn shops today just to get out of the house and look for something cool enough to keep me from ordering anything online. I think I found it. With any luck, I should be coming home tomorrow with a factory built Noveske 18" SPR in 5.56. I'll put my PST 2.5-10x32 scope on it and shoot 77gr pills just like my hero KJQ.
    Congratulations Travis, you will love the Noveske. It’s one of the finest AR’s that has ever been built. Make sure to post up a picture when you get it home. Mine will never leave my collection.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm shopping for another 1911, a commercial model. I've got a 1911A1 commercial, but not a 1911.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Congratulations Travis, you will love the Noveske. It’s one of the finest AR’s that has ever been built. Make sure to post up a picture when you get it home. Mine will never leave my collection.
    Thanks Chris. I was mainly looking to add a 10.5" pistol or another 16" BCM rifle, but sometimes things just come along that are on your list and you just have to get them (or leave, then regret it and wait anxiously to get it the next day in this case). It's a bit more money than I wanted to spend right now, but this deal won't come along twice in my lifetime.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wood burner ran too long today and the house is overly warm, a gin and tonic might be in order.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Yep your fault for the x39 AR. I’m still blaming the Wiz for the 6CM AR10...

And it's clearly your fault that I'm eyeing the walking cane .22LR you have in the classies. Hmmm...if I could just get you to pick up the Kidd single stage trigger on page 2 of the accessories classies for me.....

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    And it's clearly your fault that I'm eyeing the walking cane .22LR you have in the classies. Hmmm...if I could just get you to pick up the Kidd single stage trigger on page 2 of the accessories classies for me.....

It’s always my fault, haven’t you seen the signature lines? Lol

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Sort of depends on the size of the steel. Shooting steel at 300, 400, 500, 600 yards, etc. is often posted about but the size of the steel always seems to be left out.

A full size silhouette at 200 yards is any AR, iron sights and shot off hand territory all day long while a 4" round steel at 400 yards would be a whole different animal.
    You are most definitely correct, that’s just not how I took his question. I read it as he didn’t think some of the barrel lengths were capable of that distance.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Speaking of steel plates - Anyone remember how small the ones out at the end of the range were at the FGE? I was proud of myself for hitting it a couple of times! :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'd have a hard time seeing much at 400 yards without some sort of scope.

My plates at 15-25 yards are 4 inch the 80 and 100 yard plates are 10 inch. I'd buy one of those "cowboy" plates like Hickok45 has, but they are expensive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom