• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I use the length of the house to get rifles roughly sighted in with the laser sighted, not ideal but it’s gets them on paper at the range. So while doing this today I looked away to talk to the Mrs and when I looked back I had a red dot on the back of a puppy head. That’s a uncomfortable moment.

Scopes got swapped around. Again. She liked the ease of the Hawke Mouse had on the RPR so that went to her 10/22 and the Weaver T36 went to the RPR. It’s amazing how stock styles effect how easy the scope is to use. The RPR is a much better fit for the Weaver than the Titan stock on the 10/22 is.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Completed two projects for the rainy day.

The 2nd generation SAA had a broken hand spring and the Colt 1903 had lost it's wood centering panels for the MOP grips. Bought and fitted a new spring and made some new panels up out of walnut veneer pieces. Both of these Colts are first year of manufacturing 1956 and 1903 respectively.

I'm jelly as always.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I use the length of the house to get rifles roughly sighted in with the laser sighted, not ideal but it’s gets them on paper at the range. So while doing this today I looked away to talk to the Mrs and when I looked back I had a red dot on the back of a puppy head. That’s a uncomfortable moment.

Scopes got swapped around. Again. She liked the ease of the Hawke Mouse had on the RPR so that went to her 10/22 and the Weaver T36 went to the RPR. It’s amazing how stock styles effect how easy the scope is to use. The RPR is a much better fit for the Weaver than the Titan stock on the 10/22 is.

Kj was kidding when he said mocha was a yote! :xmad:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County

Turbo is secretly ATF. Hide your pups!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Finished up the day by shooting a couple of 9mm cold war relics, S&W Model 76, and an SDECE "gray ghost" P-38.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Both guns have interesting stories, the 76 was developed to replace the Swedish Karl Gustav Model 45 which was popular with US special forces in Vietman. The Swedes refused to sell any more to the US and SW stepped in with the 76. The Gray Ghosts were P-38 made by the French on German production lines after the war, easily identified by the star on the slide and steel grips. They turned up all through the cold war from Vietnam to Africa, anywhere the SDECE operated.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Actor Guillaume-Canet portraying Rene Falques, a FFL/SDECE man often called "The Immortal" for the amount of times he was shot to pieces leading troops and still got back alive. From Vietnam to Africa, one tough SOB.

People sell the French short sometimes, but they have produced some tough, mean, dogs of war.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Turbo is secretly ATF. Hide your pups!

So are you using a bore laser. I am sure you had the weapon unloaded and safe. Not sure why you would be uneasy.

do this off the deck in the back yard. I have measured distances on several different objects including a power pole exactly 50 yds out. Easy peasy. There are enough trees etc to give this complete cover and if one of the nutty Hispanics see it they ill think it is a hallucination anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom