Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It is a miserable day. I have to write a resume and my skill set does not align well with this task. I've had exactly two jobs in the last 41 years. Trying to explain what you did in the service on a civilian resume is like an English only speaker trying to translate Sanskrit into Farsi.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It is a miserable day. I have to write a resume and my skill set does not align well with this task. I've had exactly two jobs in the last 41 years. Trying to explain what you did in the service on a civilian resume is like an English only speaker trying to translate Sanskrit into Farsi.

Talk about leadership roles more than the job itself.. that was a big help for me.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    :):
    I had some civilian HR lady tell me once that yeah I had a degree but I had no leadership experience. :rofl: I stood up and was like so are we done here?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Good luck BA! Resumes are never fun.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Most employers are looking for:

1. Demonstrated leadership
    2. Accountability
    3. Evidence of the ability to handle responsibility

You've got 40 years of all that. Focus less on the actual jobs, and more on the ability to organize and lead a team to accomplish objectives.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It has been a miserable day. Covered the fire wood, cleaned out the old chicken run of poop and put it on the garden and then put stuff away in the shed....all in the rain...:xmad:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Completed two projects for the rainy day.

The 2nd generation SAA had a broken hand spring and the Colt 1903 had lost it's wood centering panels for the MOP grips. Bought and fitted a new spring and made some new panels up out of walnut veneer pieces. Both of these Colts are first year of manufacturing 1956 and 1903 respectively.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bought a seriously freaking cool yote killing upper. Mounted it to the lower of choice for this process, Put the "See the hairs on a fly's ass at 400" Vortex on it. Ordered the prescribed rounds this one likes.

Then we immersed ourselves into drywall. I hate drywall. Now I and my shop look like we have been in a flour bomb.

I hate drywall.

The :poop: we do for our kids.

Rain box time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    459566.jpg

​WANT !!!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Last year we had a coyote hop our fence. I've also seen them in the woods behind the house a few times before. I'm not interested in having them in my backyard. In the woods behind the house is fine. In the backyard, not so good. More so since I have a small dog. Though I never know with the Dachshund if she will go after a thing or not.

I spent my day changing out things on my AR. New grip, ambi safety selector, new scope. Did some dryfire practice with the new P10s. Tomorrow I need to clean the guns I plan on taking to Proteq next weekend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom