Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't do them that often so it isn't bad.

That's good. Back in 01-07 I worked for a company and closed down 4 offices for them. Mostly it went well, but it was always hard working with people onsite who were losing their jobs. That's something I don't miss about working support, closing offices and picking up the equipment of terminated employees.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's good. Back in 01-07 I worked for a company and closed down 4 offices for them. Mostly it went well, but it was always hard working with people onsite who were losing their jobs. That's something I don't miss about working support, closing offices and picking up the equipment of terminated employees.

Agreed, I have had to do similar in a past life. There were occasionally folks we would offer to relocate, but for the most part go in, and relocate their business back with us, and close things down. Not fun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agreed, I have had to do similar in a past life. There were occasionally folks we would offer to relocate, but for the most part go in, and relocate their business back with us, and close things down. Not fun.

Yep. At the time I was able to tell myself it was just business, but I'm not so cavalier about such things nowadays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom