Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just finished cutting the grass when the skies let loose on us. All the while doing the back yard, I kept thinking that I could do one more pass before the rain ended mowing before I was done but I got that last stretch in just before it cut loose.

Shooting this morning was one the best range trips I’ve had. Kind of like a mini-SGE. Did you guys know that .22lr could be a hoot to shoot? I know, I’m late to the .22lr party but I can see an RPR and decent glass in my future. That Annie that WT has is a wonderful rifle.

SS, I’m really happy to have been able to shoot with you today. Any time you want to go shooting, give me a call and I’d love to join up again.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Guess it decided to rain down here in Greenwood. That’s a lot of water coming down.

My timing was pretty good here. Went out and did the weed eating in my back yard and hacked down almost chest high grass behind my fence in the causeway area. Just finished when I felt the first drops. Made it into the house and heard the downpour... :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just started light rain here.
    New fence post by the gate behind the shop. Done with that project.
    Serviced the AC on both houses in the compound.
    More done in the garden.

Now a refreshing rain. Perfect.

Oh, cleared the area for the pool.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just finished cutting the grass when the skies let loose on us. All the while doing the back yard, I kept thinking that I could do one more pass before the rain ended mowing before I was done but I got that last stretch in just before it cut loose.

Shooting this morning was one the best range trips I’ve had. Kind of like a mini-SGE. Did you guys know that .22lr could be a hoot to shoot? I know, I’m late to the .22lr party but I can see an RPR and decent glass in my future. That Annie that WT has is a wonderful rifle.

SS, I’m really happy to have been able to shoot with you today. Any time you want to go shooting, give me a call and I’d love to join up again.

Great group we had this morning. Very enjoyable time. patience is the godfather of lollipop killers and has us all infected with the sickness... :koolaid:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Great group we had this morning. Very enjoyable time. patience is the godfather of lollipop killers and has us all infected with the sickness... :koolaid:

Man, ain’t that the truth. Until you’ve popped lollipops at 50 yards with a .22, you haven’t lived. Thanks Patience! It’s the perfect blend of concentration, a bit of skill and reward for performing well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Man, ain’t that the truth. Until you’ve popped lollipops at 50 yards with a .22, you haven’t lived. Thanks Patience! It’s the perfect blend of concentration, a bit of skill and reward for performing well.

Very well said. Like you mentioned at the range today, lollipops are some of the best reactive targets you can get for a rimfire. Instant feedback and sense of satisfaction when you hit one... :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Although, since it's MCF&G I wouldn't be surprised if there was soon a rule against shooting them announced... :rolleyes:

Actually, they already have a rule against that in their rule that states only paper targets and steel are to be shot. But, this might get past that since they are placed in the provided backer boards and in the target frames. They leave no debris or trash behind.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only downside this morning was that on the very first round of the XM177 with a .22lr kit, I had a squib and didn’t have a rod to tap it out. It came right out when back at home though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom