• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning all... :coffee:

Just got up a bit ago. Not as much sleep as I would have liked, but I think just enough to get through the day. Starting out this morning at MCF&G. Meeting up with SarahG and 88. Hoping to spend an hour or two with Annie and then move over to the pistol bay to do some holster work. Day can't go wrong starting out at the range... :yesway:

That does sound like a good day. I was out there on Friday just before FNS, and Saturday morning as well in the bays. The one time I could have used the main range a bit it was closed for some events. Think I'm going to hang out at the house today and wash the truck, do some mowing and clean some guns.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Rolling north today to visit the Father In Law. Poor guy was cutting trees the other day and they had poison ivy on them, he ended up at the ER with the area surrounding his eyes swollen really bad. Just talked to him a bit ago and he said the swelling is going down finally. They give him a steroid injection and meds. This happened to my Mom a few years back. She was handling some branches in her back yard and rubbed the sweat off her eyebrows, followed by a trip to the ER the next day when she could barely open her eyes. I hate poison ivy. Nasty nasty stuff.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

John McCrae

Oh! you who sleep in Flanders Fields,
    Sleep sweet - to rise anew!
    We caught the torch you threw
    And holding high, we keep the Faith
    With All who died.

We cherish, too, the poppy red
    That grows on fields where valor led;
    It seems to signal to the skies
    That blood of heroes never dies,
    But lends a lustre to the red
    Of the flower that blooms above the dead
    In Flanders Fields.

And now the Torch and Poppy Red
    We wear in honor of our dead.
    Fear not that ye have died for naught;
    We'll teach the lesson that ye wrought
    In Flanders Fields.

Moina Michael

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning all :coffee: still have a house full of grandsons. I believe they will be going home today. I love em but 3 at once is just a little too much.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Rolling north today to visit the Father In Law. Poor guy was cutting trees the other day and they had poison ivy on them, he ended up at the ER with the area surrounding his eyes swollen really bad. Just talked to him a bit ago and he said the swelling is going down finally. They give him a steroid injection and meds. This happened to my Mom a few years back. She was handling some branches in her back yard and rubbed the sweat off her eyebrows, followed by a trip to the ER the next day when she could barely open her eyes. I hate poison ivy. Nasty nasty stuff.

Ugh, that sounds horrible. Hope he recovers soon. Don't like anything that messes with my eyes.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Any one got a good value recommendation for a soft case for a PDW? I've got a couple of decent bags for rifles now, but both are too big to hold a PDW correctly.

I followed the recommendation for handgun case and got one from Case Club, so I trust what you will tell me. Not looking to break the bank on the soft case, but want to make sure the zippers are durable and proper padding, etc.

Thanks in advance.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Good deal on a used Canik TP9SF Elite down in Jeffersonville. I was impressed with the TP9SF that I had. Fantastic trigger and accuracy.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/468978-canik-tp9sf-elite.html

Prices on Caniks will likely be falling. Canik is taking a page from Ruger's playbook (when Ruger released a bare bones version of the SR9) releasing a "One" series. They are offering the SF and Elite as a "One" series that come in a cardboard box and one mag. Drops the plastic case, holster, loader, cleaning rods and 2nd mag. I've seen One Elite for sale new about $300 and SF One about $250.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Any one got a good value recommendation for a soft case for a PDW? I've got a couple of decent bags for rifles now, but both are too big to hold a PDW correctly.

I followed the recommendation for handgun case and got one from Case Club, so I trust what you will tell me. Not looking to break the bank on the soft case, but want to make sure the zippers are durable and proper padding, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Voodoo Tactical? Some of the less expensive Midway HD cases are actually pretty decent.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The most photographed man in the world today

Uh6fGrB.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I call that a good day also!

That does sound like a good day. I was out there on Friday just before FNS, and Saturday morning as well in the bays. The one time I could have used the main range a bit it was closed for some events. Think I'm going to hang out at the house today and wash the truck, do some mowing and clean some guns.

Fantastic morning at the range this morning with Tim, his sons and SarahG. Much steel was rung and many lollipops were slain... :rockwoot:

Good deal on a used Canik TP9SF Elite down in Jeffersonville. I was impressed with the TP9SF that I had. Fantastic trigger and accuracy.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/468978-canik-tp9sf-elite.html

I love my TP9SF Elite. Fantastic trigger. Of course, I would recommend a P10c for under $400 over the Canik, but the Canik is still a solid shooter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom