Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The quote system delineates the posts just fine without any additions. Those of us here have a lot of experience reading the posts without embellishments ;)

Plus bold on the internet is akin to shouting IRL.
    I was only aware that using ALL CAPS was interpreted as shouting. I didn't know that bold was also. However, I only use bold sparingly in my posts, mainly in my ads in the classifieds. I mainly speak emoji in here, the sunglasses/cool emoji is my buddy. :cool:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I had no idea it was this bad, but after posts yesterday: I get it. :thumbsup:

Not seeing growth bothers me the most. :(
    I pride myself on learning and growing and in the eyes of some/many: I have failed.
    I have asked myself that. Many times.
    :scratch:
    I tried to learn from it, but obviously have failed.
    :ugh:
    And, in case my humor about such things get lost and amplified in my writing style, 2 members just this past week and 1 last week contacting me telling me that its been too long since the Cincinnati local group has seen me and were inviting me to come April 20 to a small airport where we use one of the hangars to have a "Tech" day, working on our cars.

Point made. I wish I would have taken the "hints" months ago by what some were saying. :coffee:

It is outstanding to me that others would question my respect/regard toward safety. :facepalm:
    A real wake-up call.
    :wallbash:
    I have shot with a few members here, some more than once, and I didn't get feedback that I was "sweeping" or especially any possible accidental discharges.
    I am shocked that anything I've said to clarify boundaries at the FNS range time would lead anyone to think safety is not my primary concern.
    If this is the way I am perceived, it is truly
    humbling to me that others would think me incapable of not having my gun under control and safety for others would be jeopardized. :wow:
    It sounds like I should come to FNS this summer and just watch till I get approval to participate, if that is what I need to do.
    I remember when I shot with Rhino, when he graciously took time to do some "training" with me, that he taught me that after I emptied my magazine, when putting my gun onto the bench in front of me (into the box) to put it with the muzzle aimed downrange, which I never forgot and thought was such good insight.
    Then there was the time KJQ was tutoring me about some nuances of outdoor range shooting, and I filed it all away and incorporated it.
    I was so looking forward to the FNS when I retired this summer: this feedback is truly disturbing and does set me back in realizing how badly some perceive me b/c I talk too much and ask too many questions and think I can't/don't, or even want to learn/grow.

After the reading Saturday I did about the FNS and how it is set up and seeing footage of it, I was comfortable with what the boundaries are and get what you are saying.
    Thanks for your helpful input! :thumbsup:

Well, I wanted feedback and I got it. I can only thank everyone for your frankness and candor.
    The shortest route to improvement is through criticism (especially from those "not your fans" b/c those closest to you overlook your idiosyncrasies and won't give you the brutal facts, and it has been freely given and I have freely received it w/o rancor.
    I see myself in a different light more clearly and through my damaged pride/ego I will sincerely try to adjust my online behaviors accordingly to accommodate.
    I am truly regretful that I didn't take earlier "hints" to heart more seriously.
    :ingo:

Doddg, you are the man. Posting reviews of different guns and pictures of the groupings. You can't get this stuff from online reviews because their motivation is to sell it. Only jammed 3 times but it's a great gun.
    You've quickly become one of the top contributors of quality posts. You are part of the fabric that makes ingo run. Just remember this going forward. You belong here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was only aware that using ALL CAPS was interpreted as shouting. I didn't know that bold was also. However, I only use bold sparingly in my posts, mainly in my ads in the classifieds. I mainly speak emoji in here, the sunglasses/cool emoji is my buddy. :cool:

Yeah, all caps and bold. All caps is worse, but bold should be used only for emphasis when needed, not for every word posted in a response. Oh and have you seen me post? I love me some emojis... :): :yesway:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

:@ya:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Doddg, you are the man. Posting reviews of different guns and pictures of the groupings. You can't get this stuff from online reviews because their motivation is to sell it. Only jammed 3 times but it's a great gun.
    You've quickly become one of the top contributors of quality posts. You are part of the fabric that makes ingo run. Just remember this going forward. You belong here.
    :rolleyes:
    Sir, please step away from the crack pipe

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning or Lunch everyone.
    Some wicked storms yesterday. I hope everyone's property made it through ok. Gonna be a rough season I think. Hope not, but seems like they are getting worse. The earth is a living and evolving beast. We are just guests.
    That CZ custom shop posted up thread looks tight! Wow!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom