gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I prefer Canadian whiskey.

Oh you can imagine I'm not a frequent or heavy imbiber but I do have an occasional drink. I am new to the bourbon scene and have never really tried Canadian stuff. Is that stuff like Canada Club and Crown Royal? In my younger days I remember drinking CC and Coke.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh you can imagine I'm not a frequent or heavy imbiber but I do have an occasional drink. I am new to the bourbon scene and have never really tried Canadian stuff. Is that stuff like Canada Club and Crown Royal? In my younger days I remember drinking CC and Coke.
    Yep, that's the stuff. I don't drink at all anymore but I used to like it a lot.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    :coffee:
    Drinkin' Guatamalan coffee and watching the outdoor bird aquarium at the hacienda. Slept in a bit. Good thing for me after the last couple of screwed up days. Hope y'all are enjoying your windy day.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :coffee:
    Drinkin' Guatamalan coffee and watching the outdoor bird aquarium at the hacienda. Slept in a bit. Good thing for me after the last couple of screwed up days. Hope y'all are enjoying your windy day.
    Good morning, sir. I was just trying to decide if I wanted one last cup this morning.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm really hoping you like that P10 Greg. Otherwise I think I'll just stop posting advice for you... :):

Oh, I'm going to like it whether I like it or not.:): I think I'm getting closer on having my vision issues straightened out. I just need to commit to running it until I get intimately familiar with it. I am thinking I may give everything else a good detail clean and oil, put them up and just use this one this year.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh, I'm going to like it whether I like it or not.:): I think I'm getting closer on having my vision issues straightened out. I just need to commit to running it until I get intimately familiar with it. I am thinking I may give everything else a good detail clean and oil, put them up and just use this one this year.

Nice to hear. I'm sure it'll work out fine ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ve come to realize that the meaning of life is power and control. All of us exercise that in some manner. For democrats, it’s through the manipulation of weaker minds. A stay at home mom might exercise it through getting the kids to do their homework or dropping that last 5 pounds.

The secret that the stay at home mom wields is that she has more control than anyone knows... like a scary amount of control. If that's the secret of life, stay at home moms are the Dalai Lamas then, IMO.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    :+1:
    I don't mind reading somewhat lengthy posts, especially when they're insightful, like something from 88 for example. But the long drawn out lists filled with monotony I've grown tired of seeing.

I had no idea it was this bad, but after posts yesterday: I get it. :thumbsup:

During your growth could you possibly stop asking the same questions repeatedly in here followed by telling us how boring you are every single time? You have worn that damn record out man. There was a time when I liked what you offered, in fact if you can remember, I even sent you PM's about it. Unfortunately that was some time ago and I haven't seen you grow much, if at all. You're still asking the same questions, getting a wealth of knowledge poured onto you time and time again, yet you still haven't figured much of anything out it seems. I remember seeing you mention that you used to be a member of a national car club and that you drove everyone nuts over there. Have you ever asked yourself why that might be?

Not seeing growth bothers me the most. :(
    I pride myself on learning and growing and in the eyes of some/many: I have failed.
    I have asked myself that. Many times.
    :scratch:
    I tried to learn from it, but obviously have failed.
    :ugh:
    And, in case my humor about such things get lost and amplified in my writing style, 2 members just this past week and 1 last week contacting me telling me that its been too long since the Cincinnati local group has seen me and were inviting me to come April 20 to a small airport where we use one of the hangars to have a "Tech" day, working on our cars.

...Saints be praised...

Point made. I wish I would have taken the "hints" months ago by what some were saying. :coffee:

In all of this it has become obvious to many that the knowledge so willingly shared is not sinking in and possibly wont.
    I have gotten a few PM's from folks that run steel on Friday night with concerns that his competing even at that level might not be an option. I think they may be correct. Safety is always an issue especially in these settings. Hate to be the one to say it but I am seeing this.

It is outstanding to me that others would question my respect/regard toward safety. :facepalm:
    A real wake-up call.
    :wallbash:
    I have shot with a few members here, some more than once, and I didn't get feedback that I was "sweeping" or especially any possible accidental discharges.
    I am shocked that anything I've said to clarify boundaries at the FNS range time would lead anyone to think safety is not my primary concern.
    If this is the way I am perceived, it is truly
    humbling to me that others would think me incapable of not having my gun under control and safety for others would be jeopardized. :wow:
    It sounds like I should come to FNS this summer and just watch till I get approval to participate, if that is what I need to do.
    I remember when I shot with Rhino, when he graciously took time to do some "training" with me, that he taught me that after I emptied my magazine, when putting my gun onto the bench in front of me (into the box) to put it with the muzzle aimed downrange, which I never forgot and thought was such good insight.
    Then there was the time KJQ was tutoring me about some nuances of outdoor range shooting, and I filed it all away and incorporated it.
    I was so looking forward to the FNS when I retired this summer: this feedback is truly disturbing and does set me back in realizing how badly some perceive me b/c I talk too much and ask too many questions and think I can't/don't, or even want to learn/grow.

Doddg you never want to reload on the clock EVER it adds time. And you have a limited gun in your shadow, which means you start with loaded with your manual safety. And yes you can run with 17 round mags. And production guns run 10 round mags. I always buy extra magazines for my guns so if a mag goes down I have another one or two to go to.
    Just go show up with a good attitude and be willing to help and spend time watching others shoot the stage. Then walk up like a champ and have fun and be safe.

After the reading Saturday I did about the FNS and how it is set up and seeing footage of it, I was comfortable with what the boundaries are and get what you are saying.
    Thanks for your helpful input! :thumbsup:

Well, I wanted feedback and I got it. I can only thank everyone for your frankness and candor.
    The shortest route to improvement is through criticism (especially from those "not your fans" b/c those closest to you overlook your idiosyncrasies and won't give you the brutal facts, and it has been freely given and I have freely received it w/o rancor.
    I see myself in a different light more clearly and through my damaged pride/ego I will sincerely try to adjust my online behaviors accordingly to accommodate.
    I am truly regretful that I didn't take earlier "hints" to heart more seriously.
    :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom