Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I added a value column to the serial number list for my wife, in case anything ever happened to me and she had to sell. Then I took it off, because I thought she might be the one to kill me if she saw the total.

Now it has names of who each one goes to.

:laugh6:

If I did the value thing my spouse would negotiate a bigger cut.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I added a value column to the serial number list for my wife, in case anything ever happened to me and she had to sell. Then I took it off, because I thought she might be the one to kill me if she saw the total.

Smart man. :lmfao:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning all.

A 2 day SGE now that is interesting. I'm with BA a hotel/motel is needed for something like this. I just don't camp anymore. As to the relative value of the firearms and ammo at Saturdays gathering well I'd say it was rather large. :yesway:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd buy ingo if I won. I would immediately sign an executive order eliminating the language filter. Then I would be legend

Epic...

Just hide that column in the spreadsheet, and provide instructions to unhide it, in your will. That should provide some safety.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning all.

A 2 day SGE now that is interesting. I'm with BA a hotel/motel is needed for something like this. I just don't camp anymore. As to the relative value of the firearms and ammo at Saturdays gathering well I'd say it was rather large. :yesway:

We’d be in a for a 2 day event.

Camping not so so much in my book. My idea of camping includes a tent made from brick and looks an awful lot like a hotel. Cabins are typically acceptable as well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I used to have a cost AND a value column. The cost column would include mags, holsters etc. Yea...I stopped doing that. Now it just has a rough fair market value column in case my wife needs to sell and a few that get gifted.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I used to have a cost AND a value column. The cost column would include mags, holsters etc. Yea...I stopped doing that. Now it just has a rough fair market value column in case my wife needs to sell and a few that get gifted.

Yeah, that's dangerous. Especially when she sees the cost column values greater than the value column. That's like an excel suicide note.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    OK peoples. By request I/we are looking at a 2 day SGE with camping. PM me your thoughts. The regular group is in this. Any others will of course have to be vetted, jumped in and beaten severely to qualify.

Waiting.........

Would there be enough room to park a 30’ Camper? :cool: Or a good campground?

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah, that's dangerous. Especially when she sees the cost column values greater than the value column. That's like an excel suicide note.

If you were going to track the cost of items, you probably should also track the cost of other entertainment expenses. That way when the wife sees that you have spent 60 grand on guns and blows her top, you can show that she spend the same money on dinners movies and other things and has nothing to show for it. Buying guns provides more entertainment and isn’t money thrown away. The key is to not let the wife see the total until after you are dead.

Without that second value to provide perspective, my wife would dig me up just to be able to strangle me one more time after I’m gone.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I really try to forget how much I have invested in my guns and all that goes with it. Why you ask, because it hurts my brain and for me it is not worth the pain!!!!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've seen some of you talk about getting grips that weren't comfortable to shoot. Some grips look great, but just don't feel great once you try it out, so what are your favorite grips to use? I would think this should be universal whether for a full size through the Rami, but if not let me know too.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've seen some of you talk about getting grips that weren't comfortable to shoot. Some grips look great, but just don't feel great once you try it out, so what are your favorite grips to use? I would think this should be universal whether for a full size through the Rami, but if not let me know too.

It really depends on the platform.

I have keyboard hands and prefer a very aggressive G10 diamond grip on a semi or good ol' sticky rubber grips on a wheel gun. I prefer the look of wood but they can be slick.

The grips style of the Shadow 2 and other similar CZ metal cheese grater grips are pretty nice too.

A rubber inner tube makes a surprisingly good grip on almost anything...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom