Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am pretty by parts, CM, means custom tuned parts.

He struggles with the meaning of "stock".

So how is that "gonna stay stock" DW coming along, CM?

So in this I will not have any "Stock" side arms for EDC duty's. None. They will all be well invested customs save for the S&W 645. If I were to have an issue that required I defend myself the loss of any CZ's or 1911's to the system that is so bogged down (by design) that I would never get them back until rust. I would need therapy.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So in this I will not have any "Stock" side arms for EDC duty's. None. They will all be well invested customs save for the S&W 645. If I were to have an issue that required I defend myself the loss of any CZ's or 1911's to the system that is so bogged down (by design) that I would never get them back until rust. I would need therapy.

I have something that I will bring along that falls into the factory custom genre you might like....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m curious on this. What parts are you looking for that you can’t get from Patriot Defense?

The work I would have needed to have done on the Witness would have been to have the front sight milled off and dovetails added for a set of HDs or TFX sights. I don’t like roll pins on the hammer or trigger pivots, and would love to see that addressed as well. The front rail extensions were a source of irritation too and I would have had those cut similar to how CZ does it on the non-.40 75Bs. Grip options were lacking when I had mine but that may have changed now days.

Other than that, maybe some work done to shorten the reset.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Seems the real issue is that CZ doesn't make a 10 mm.

Yes, this would be the solution I would prefer. I had to "settle" for a 75B in fotay. She was and is (as far as I know) a real peach. One of several guns that I deeply regret having to part with.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is an issue with the 3rd gen Smiths, too. You can improve the trigger a little bit but it ain't ever gonna be a BA/Wizard gun.

88, I guess its time to start a custom build and get what you want!

They're just Wizard guns. I have nothing to do with making them awesome. ;) I just supplied the vision and the money.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was not aware.

I only learned about them because the Enos forum is the best place for Tanfo info that I’ve found.

Tanfos are a unique thing. No one makes alll the parts, but you can piece together really nice pistols by combining the aftermarket pieces with the factory Extreme pieces. It’s not something I’d take on myself, but I’ve toyed with sending one to Patriot Defense and letting them work it over.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The work I would have needed to have done on the Witness would have been to have the front sight milled off and dovetails added for a set of HDs or TFX sights.

For me that was always the show-stopper on the Tanfos. I knew you could cobble together some upgrade parts and I have great confidence in the Wizard's ability to make that mashup work. But I couldn't get past the sight situation.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    For me that was always the show-stopper on the Tanfos. I knew you could cobble together some upgrade parts and I have great confidence in the Wizard's ability to make that mashup work. But I couldn't get past the sight situation.
    Same here, good sighting options are a must for me. I especially don't like fixed front sights that aren't replaceable.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The work I would have needed to have done on the Witness would have been to have the front sight milled off and dovetails added for a set of HDs or TFX sights. I don’t like roll pins on the hammer or trigger pivots, and would love to see that addressed as well. The front rail extensions were a source of irritation too and I would have had those cut similar to how CZ does it on the non-.40 75Bs. Grip options were lacking when I had mine but that may have changed now days.

Other than that, maybe some work done to shorten the reset.

That’s enough to pick a different platform.

Which Witness did you have? I’m just curious at this point due to needing to mill the front sight off.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I officially have my P-01 back. Today was a good day. :cool:

attachment.php
    That is SWEET! Looks even better now that you have it again! Awesome!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That’s enough to pick a different platform.

Which Witness did you have? I’m just curious at this point due to needing to mill the front sight off.

It was the standard large frame Witness in 10mm. It had the ‘Wonder Finish’, which I really liked. It polished up really well and looked nickel plated.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Same here, good sighting options are a must for me. I especially don't like fixed front sights that aren't replaceable.

Replacable is model dependent in Tanfo land. The more expensive models have the front sight held in by an Allen screw. Though pretty much every option for changing them is aimed for competition use, so black reads and fiber fronts.

I love my Tanfos, but the ones that have the best features aren’t carry (or budget) friendly.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    10mm is definitely at the top of my list for the next gun purchase. Unfortunately I made a deal with my wife and no new guns for T-DOGG until Jan 1st.
    Your deal sounds like your wife said "No more guns this year!" Ha!
    My wife wonders why I need more than one gun. I have more than one, but she doesn't know why.
    She isn't really a gun person though she isn't anti-gun. She did try dry-firing the Phantom after it got Wizardized and she thought it was sweet! So maybe CZ will help her to come around :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The idea of having a gun the same size as my satin nickel compact but chambered in 10mm or .45acp was and is very alluring. The Tanfo .45 compacts have a capacity of 8+1. Not sure about the 10s. But I wouldn't want it unless I could get a Wizard-like trigger/reset and some TFX sights.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What is it about the .40 and .45 rounds that is so tough for some companies to have a decent capacity with. G***k can squeeze 10 rounds of .45 into a frame that other companies can only get 8 into. The one issue I’ve had with the 97B is that it’s a big gun with a compact capacity.

.40 is similar. Except for the P09, CZ seems to have issues getting the same capacity as that G company does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom