Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You might be right BA. One gun that I do miss is my EAA Witness in 10mm. That gun could have been fantastic with a bucket of cash and some of AllenM’s time. I’d pick up the EAA 10mm compact but have been trying to avoid clones now days.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Over the years, I’ve bought, then sold a number of 10mm pistols. Love 10mm, but just can’t seem to hold onto more than one of them. I keep buying and then selling G20s. The last one was a Gen 4 and really a decent gun other than I just didn’t like shooting it much. I might have to just admit to myself that I’m not as big a 10mm fan as I thought I was and just live with the DE as the one and only.

Just doing a bit of early morning soul searching.

Run some ammo through my SW 1006 this weekend, if you haven't shot the SW 10xx series. I won't say it has a great trigger but it is a tank of a gun that will handle any 10 mm load.

Morning all!

Mags are loaded but nothing else done. Tried to leave the end of the week semi open and, of course, it ended up pack full plus grandson #1 (by age) is in from Florida and LOVING the cool weather. He thinks Indiana is the best place in world (he is almost 9...).

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Run some ammo through my SW 1006 this weekend, if you haven't shot the SW 10xx series. I won't say it has a great trigger but it is a tank of a gun that will handle any 10 mm load.
    I second this idea! Mcapo let me run a mag of some of his 10mm handloads through this as the SGE, as 10mm is a caliber I hadn't shot before. His loads were reasonably mild IIRC, and it was a pleasant shooter for sure.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    10mm is definitely at the top of my list for the next gun purchase. Unfortunately I made a deal with my wife and no new guns for T-DOGG until Jan 1st.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I second this idea! Mcapo let me run a mag of some of his 10mm handloads through this as the SGE, as 10mm is a caliber I hadn't shot before. His loads were reasonably mild IIRC, and it was a pleasant shooter for sure.

I believe those were 1350 fps 180 gr loads but I only have some factory 1250ish stuff right now. The 1350's, as I recall, where basically standard-ish 41 magnum loads. I desperately need a reloading space....

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I have no preference Patience. I’m still trying to figure out what to bring along as a side or dessert. Heck, I’m still not 100% sure what guns I’ll be bringing. Maybe both P10s, the hybrid, Bill, Shiny and the SP01 Compact. The CZ 1911, DW A2, Kimber and Colt 9mm on the 1911 side.

I’m still being indecisive on what’s getting packed as well.

You might be right BA. One gun that I do miss is my EAA Witness in 10mm. That gun could have been fantastic with a bucket of cash and some of AllenM’s time. I’d pick up the EAA 10mm compact but have been trying to avoid clones now days.

I do know I’ll have the 6” Tanfo Hunter with me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There is like Zipp available for the Clones. NADA as of my last look. Even Allen can only do so much with out the aftermarket parts/pieces.

No Clones.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    There is like Zipp available for the Clones. NADA as of my last look. Even Allen can only do so much with out the aftermarket parts/pieces.

No Clones.

This is an issue with the 3rd gen Smiths, too. You can improve the trigger a little bit but it ain't ever gonna be a BA/Wizard gun.

88, I guess its time to start a custom build and get what you want!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK....who is Patriots defense and what do they offer.
    We look at ignition controls and their longevity/usability.

It’s the shop that a lot of the competition guys on the Brian Enos forum recommend. Between factory parts (both the basic model parts and the fancy Extreme model parts) and their own designs, it looks like you could rebuild the guts of a Tanfo.

It’s not something I’ve looked into much, I just know of them by reputation. They seem to be the CGW of the Tanfo world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It’s the shop that a lot of the competition guys on the Brian Enos forum recommend. Between factory parts (both the basic model parts and the fancy Extreme model parts) and their own designs, it looks like you could rebuild the guts of a Tanfo.

It’s not something I’ve looked into much, I just know of them by reputation. They seem to be the CGW of the Tanfo world.

I was not aware.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom