204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I get happy just thinking about TT. :cool:

You know it !

Kinky ! :):

Sounds like more hole touching.
    LMFAO
    Once again, "trucker clock" from bob and Tom pops into my head lol.
    I'll never forget hearing that on the radio
    If anyone has never heard it, do yourself a favor and go to YouTube. Its worth the laugh. Laughing is life.
    I laugh at myself everyday. It helps that I'm a goofy looking guy. Lol.

Anyone here know anything about old lever action guns? I need one like was used in the old west. Original, replica whatever. I'd like to shoot it but I also like to touch history so if it's original thats cool. I dont need a museum piece aka cheap is good.but i want options.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Anyone here know anything about old lever action guns? I need one like was used in the old west. Original, replica whatever. I'd like to shoot it but I also like to touch history so if it's original thats cool. I dont need a museum piece aka cheap is good.but i want options.

I have a Rossi in .357, and overall, I like it. It seemed like the most affordable option, and I think that it looks darn good with the long octagon barrel and color-case hardened metal.
    It's had feeding issues with .38 Special, but I understand that's a common problem (among individual guns) because of the slightly shorter case length of .38.
    It loves to feed and fire .357 LeverLution Hornady ..... which is of course $1 / round, so it's an expensive preference ! :D

I'll bring it when we can shoot together, if you like.

i-2Fm8GH7-XL.jpg

i-kdgmxgW-XL.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a Rossi in .357, and overall, I like it. It seemed like the most affordable option, and I think that it looks darn good with the long octagon barrel and color-case hardened metal.
    It's had feeding issues with .38 Special, but I understand that's a common problem (among individual guns) because of the slightly shorter case length of .38.
    It loves to feed and fire .357 LeverLution Hornady ..... which is of course $1 / round, so it's an expensive preference ! :D

I'll bring it when we can shoot together, if you like.

i-2Fm8GH7-XL.jpg

i-kdgmxgW-XL.jpg
    Wow yeah that would be amazing to shoot man thank you. I've never shot one that wasnt a bb gun or a .22
    Growing up watching all the old westerns with my dad these guns were something I always wanted. I bought him a nice one that he had been looking for back when I was in the military actualy after, but I never got one for me. I have a couple single action revolvers though for gunfighting :):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow yeah that would be amazing to shoot man thank you. I've never shot one that wasnt a bb gun or a .22
    Growing up watching all the old westerns with my dad these guns were something I always wanted. I bought him a nice one that he had been looking for back when I was in the military actualy after, but I never got one for me. I have a couple single action revolvers though for gunfighting :):

That's why I had to have one ..... who doesn't have visions of John Wayne popping-out from behind a boulder and making the bad gunslinger DRT ! :D
    It's so heavy with the thick-walled octagon barrrel, that you barely feel the recoil.... almost like shooting a .22 ! ... but it gives a satisfying Crrraaaack !

i-QgCdsjg-XL.jpg

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    That is a very nice Rossi.!!

I think Chiappa makes a decent rifle like it.

Henry of course would also...pricey but heirloom quality.

.357 would be my go to round of choice also.!!

Nice Iron, MM.!!!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Nice looking rifle, MM! I like the look of lever action guns and think they would be fun, but at this point I still have zero long gun shooting experience. :n00b:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nice looking rifle, MM! I like the look of lever action guns and think they would be fun, but at this point I still have zero long gun shooting experience. :n00b:

We're gonna have to work to change that ! This group will steer you right, SarahG. :cool:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I've always loved the look of the lever action rifles too! I never have shot one, but grew up loving the way they look.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    We're gonna have to work to change that ! This group will steer you right, SarahG. :cool:

I don't doubt that!

I've always loved the look of the lever action rifles too! I never have shot one, but grew up loving the way they look.

I think part of it may be that I just finished watching Longmire on Netflix and he uses a Winchester 1894 throughout the series.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I don't doubt that!

I think part of it may be that I just finished watching Longmire on Netflix and he uses a Winchester 1894 throughout the series.
    For me it was watching Gunsmoke reruns when I was little. :)
    Is Longmire good?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom