• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    They don't make drugs strong enough to eliminate the pain I had, and still have (to a slightly lesser degree today)

Good news: my spinal cord itself is not endangered.
    Bad news: continued lumbar degeneration.
    After being in the ER for twelve hours (not recommended if you value your sanity !!!), the advice was to take my fresh MRI to the surgeon I used in 2013, and proceed from there. It was truly a day from hell, and now I'm on my heating pad trying to recover.

Thanks to you, and my other amigos on here for your concern. I really mean that. :)

Rest and recover. Hopefully tomorrow it further subsides. Thoughts and prayers are with you, brother.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Finally managed to scare up a set of vintage grips for this gun and fit them up. It's a pieced together Colt Bisley from 1909 in 44-40, but should look good when it comes back from being finished. Shot it today and it was like it would not miss at 20 yards on the 4 inch steel circles. Now I need to find a vintage cross draw holster for it.:)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Finally managed to scare up a set of vintage grips for this gun and fit them up. It's a pieced together Colt Bisley from 1909 in 44-40, but should look good when it comes back from being finished. Shot it today and it was like it would not miss at 20 yards on the 4 inch steel circles. Now I need to find a vintage cross draw holster for it.:)

Super cool! I need to expand my knowledge and experience with this era.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

You have the coolest guns Leadeye. I'll bet you can find a mint condition, period piece for it. You always do.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Didn't have much to start with, picked it up on GB, somebody had tried to rebuild it with a regular SAA plowshare grip frame and given up. Bisleys weren't made for long, just around the turn of the century so some parts are more scarce. Finding a hammer stirrup was like searching for unobtainium.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Didn't have much to start with, picked it up on GB, somebody had tried to rebuild it with a regular SAA plowshare grip frame and given up. Bisleys weren't made for long, just around the turn of the century so some parts are more scarce. Finding a hammer stirrup was like searching for unobtainium.
    Wait! this is what you started out with?!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You definitely have some skills in putting these back together, and especially finding the parts.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I'm up, I use a walker to get to the bathroom, etc.......but mostly, I'm staying stationary and taking the max. amount allowed of my meds. It's not great, but better than yesterday.

Next week, I'll get a hold of my previous surgeon from Indiana Brain and Spine. Hopefully, he'll take my case again.

Thanks for asking, KJ . :)

Sorry to hear this. Please do keep us posted. I've had lower and now upper back/neck problems for quite a few years. Had a few MRIs, etc, but so far able to manage with PT at times, and learned when not to push it, etc, but know at some point, those things won't work anymore.

Hopefully a quick recovery for you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wait! this is what you started out with?!

I wasn't kidding when I said it was pieced together. The plowshare grip frame parts were still good, they just didn't belong on that revolver. They went into the parts box, maybe something they can be used on will turn up.:)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Rest and recover. Hopefully tomorrow it further subsides. Thoughts and prayers are with you, brother.

Sorry to hear this. Please do keep us posted. I've had lower and now upper back/neck problems for quite a few years. Had a few MRIs, etc, but so far able to manage with PT at times, and learned when not to push it, etc, but know at some point, those things won't work anymore.

Hopefully a quick recovery for you.

Many thanks to both of you. :)

CZ, CZ, CZ .....

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I wasn't kidding when I said it was pieced together. The plowshare grip frame parts were still good, they just didn't belong on that revolver. They went into the parts box, maybe something they can be used on will turn up.:)

Day after day I am thoroughly impressed with the skills and knowledge that gathers here. Sir that is one beautiful gun.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    They don't make drugs strong enough to eliminate the pain I had, and still have (to a slightly lesser degree today)

Good news: my spinal cord itself is not endangered.
    Bad news: continued lumbar degeneration.
    After being in the ER for twelve hours (not recommended if you value your sanity !!!), the advice was to take my fresh MRI to the surgeon I used in 2013, and proceed from there. It was truly a day from hell, and now I'm on my heating pad trying to recover.

Thanks to you, and my other amigos on here for your concern. I really mean that. :)
    Oh dear! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad your spinal cord is ok though. Hang in there MM!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom