Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I remember reading about your rotator cuff woes, and really glad to see you're back at the firing line! Mine was a badly torn meniscus, cleaning out some arthritis that started setting in, and now realizing I've worn my cartilage pretty thin at least in this knee that's been repaired. Surgeon tried poking holes in the bit of cartilage left to stimulate some growth, but also said it's likely my running days are over unless I want to look at a full replacement in the next few years. So the good news is that the surgery went exactly according to plan. The bad news is that I have to give up something I've been good at and enjoyed since Jr High. Running has always been my outlet. Kind of like TT (though I'm sure I wasn't as fast!), I was invited to walk on to the Ball State x-country team, but opted against it at the time (which I still regret), and now it looks like I'll need to hang it up and figure out a new fitness plan. Swimming, maybe? But I *hate* cold water.

Sorry to hear about the knee issues. When I started getting back into a shape other than round, my doctor recommended a bike. He didn’t think my knees were up to anything else.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm thinking bicycling is easier on the knees since there is no impact. I love mountain biking and can tolerate road biking.

Sorry to hear about the knee issues. When I started getting back into a shape other than round, my doctor recommended a bike. He didn’t think my knees were up to anything else.
    Two votes for the bike, I hear you guys loud and clear. My area isn't very conducive to road biking, lots of distracted traffic around here and no good bike-friendly lanes. Although the Monon isn't terribly far away. But kind of with you gmcttr, I've got a decent Giant mtn bike that's more suited to suburban cycling on some of the wider sidewalks like we have along 146th, and feel safer on the over-sized sidewalks than on any of the roads around here.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Two votes for the bike, I hear you guys loud and clear. My area isn't very conducive to road biking, lots of distracted traffic around here and no good bike-friendly lanes. Although the Monon isn't terribly far away. But kind of with you gmcttr, I've got a decent Giant mtn bike that's more suited to suburban cycling on some of the wider sidewalks like we have along 146th, and feel safer on the over-sized sidewalks than on any of the roads around here.

Road bike was easier on my knees but I have elbow and shoulder issues that it aggravated.

Best thing is to just stay young....

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm thinking bicycling is easier on the knees since there is no impact. I love mountain biking and can tolerate road biking.

Road bike was easier on my knees but I have elbow and shoulder issues that it aggravated.

Best thing is to just stay young....
    Yeah, I've already blown through the "stay young" wall! One of these days we'll be able to grow replacement parts and organs in an aquarium. Until then...

CZ, DW, CZ!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Yeah, I've already blown through the "stay young" wall! One of these days we'll be able to grow replacement parts and organs in an aquarium. Until then...

CZ, DW, CZ!

Sign me up for that when it comes around - I drew the unlucky genes card. I already have pretty bad arthritis and I'm only 30.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    My new Blue Alpha Gear belt came in this morning. I won't be constantly pulling up my pants at work tonight for once! I'll have to see how it works with my holster, but with just pants I love it. Plus, I get to feel good about supporting a small business rather than buying something made in China off of Amazon.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sign me up for that when it comes around - I drew the unlucky genes card. I already have pretty bad arthritis and I'm only 30.
    You're still a baby!! In all fairness, these next several weeks of feeling bad from a lifetime of being active and feeling good... if that's the price, I'd pay it all over again.

CZ. Alpha Gear Belts. Yeah.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    What a totally crapnastic day outdoors. Ugh...:n00b:

We have a 11 am football game tomorrow. You guys can keep that crapnastic stuff.

Yes, since you asked; it is the championship game. lol! It is 8-9 football - parents are the worst. I am glad to have "retired" from coaching football. Geez. I had to tell a guy last night (his son plays baseball for me) that I would guarantee that his 8 year old son wouldn't lose a college scholarship because of his perceived "bad calls"....just let the kids play.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yeah you have to reach someone that actually cares...:):

64dc5589a067f3167a6ff1fb5d8822f2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom