Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Two votes for the bike, I hear you guys loud and clear. My area isn't very conducive to road biking, lots of distracted traffic around here and no good bike-friendly lanes. Although the Monon isn't terribly far away. But kind of with you gmcttr, I've got a decent Giant mtn bike that's more suited to suburban cycling on some of the wider sidewalks like we have along 146th, and feel safer on the over-sized sidewalks than on any of the roads around here.

Try the mountain bike trails at Fort Harrison State Park and Town Run to get started.

Hoosier Mountain Bike Association - Index

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My doctor said "get thee to the emergency room" ... and here I am
    Waiting for an MRI. They've already done some other tests.
    Not a fun day !

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    64dc5589a067f3167a6ff1fb5d8822f2.jpg
    I like how you magnified the picture so he can read it! LOL

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got done with "The Pacific".

I must say it is one of the most compelling movies/series I have ever seen.

What these guys went thru....God bless em all

Sledge and Lecke wrote books after the war. One of them was ‘Helmet for my Pillow ‘. Good reading and is probably the reason that their stories were a big part of the series.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just got back from the range trip this morning. I started shooting at 8am and had 75 rounds down range by 8:07. It was raining steadily and fairly dark, so it was a good exercise. It’s not too often that I get to practice with the rail mounted TLR-1 in a situation that it’s actually needed.

Right now, the 5 guns shot are all sitting on the kitchen counter drying and I’ll clean and lube them at lunch.

You must have done a mag dump and left based on the times on sign in/out sheet.

I just got back myself (and had some leftover stew) Spent an hour or so out there (little bit less time than normal, but left on a high note so that was good).
    Got some time in with gloved hands (SKD PIG gloves I use during winter), and got some time on the M&P Compact 22LR, the 2.0 Compact and the Shield 2.0. Best part was over the last couple of days my Brownells order for additional 22 mags came in (had been backordered for a month, but the price was stellar at the time) and my additional Shield mags had come in as well, so got to run them all.

What a totally crapnastic day outdoors. Ugh...:n00b:

Was actually a pretty good day to go out to MCF&G and shoot.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’m planning on hitting MCFG at 8am to get some low light practice in. It might be raining, but with sunrise at 8:05, it should be reasonably dim for a bit.

Anyone want to join? I’ll be in the north bay most likely.

I just got back from the range trip this morning. I started shooting at 8am and had 75 rounds down range by 8:07. It was raining steadily and fairly dark, so it was a good exercise. It’s not too often that I get to practice with the rail mounted TLR-1 in a situation that it’s actually needed.

Right now, the 5 guns shot are all sitting on the kitchen counter drying and I’ll clean and lube them at lunch.

What a totally crapnastic day outdoors. Ugh...:n00b:

I actually like the Daltech Force Bio Belt myself. They are pretty amazing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You must have done a mag dump and left based on the times on sign in/out sheet.

I just got back myself (and had some leftover stew) Spent an hour or so out there (little bit less time than normal, but left on a high note so that was good).
    Got some time in with gloved hands (SKD PIG gloves I use during winter), and got some time on the M&P Compact 22LR, the 2.0 Compact and the Shield 2.0. Best part was over the last couple of days my Brownells order for additional 22 mags came in (had been backordered for a month, but the price was stellar at the time) and my additional Shield mags had come in as well, so got to run them all.

Was actually a pretty good day to go out to MCF&G and shoot.

This was a really quick trip for me. Running the SP01 with 15 rounds per mag blows through ammo very quickly. The SP01 and G21sf were today’s favorites. Love the big G***k. 13+1 rounds of .45 just make me smile.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This was a really quick trip for me. Running the SP01 with 15 rounds per mag blows through ammo very quickly. The SP01 and G21sf were today’s favorites. Love the big G***k. 13+1 rounds of .45 just make me smile.

I used to have a Glock 21 and a Glock 30, but that was before I traded out of the 45 Glocks to get into 40 Glocks (23 & 27), which I traded out of to go to 9mm Glocks (still have all of them), but now onto M&P 2.0's :):

And yeah, I had some mags already loaded, etc but downloaded to 10 rounds each on the Compact 2.0. Also shot the 22LR quite a bit which helps on ammo costs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to have a Glock 21 and a Glock 30, but that was before I traded out of the 45 Glocks to get into 40 Glocks (23 & 27), which I traded out of to go to 9mm Glocks (still have all of them), but now onto M&P 2.0's :):

And yeah, I had some mags already loaded, etc but downloaded to 10 rounds each on the Compact 2.0. Also shot the 22LR quite a bit which helps on ammo costs.

A .22lr conversion kit sure does help bring the cost of trigger time down on a carry gun. I’ve got a kit for my G27 and P07. It really does help out. I’ve run 100 rounds of .22 through the P07 Kadet kit, then swapped slides and put another 50 rounds of .40 through it with the same level of accuracy as I was getting with the .22.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A .22lr conversion kit sure does help bring the cost of trigger time down on a carry gun. I’ve got a kit for my G27 and P07. It really does help out. I’ve run 100 rounds of .22 through the P07 Kadet kit, then swapped slides and put another 50 rounds of .40 through it with the same level of accuracy as I was getting with the .22.

Yep, I have one for my Glock 19 Gen 3 (AA kit). I used to have one for the 26, but sold off the AA kit for it.

I've got a ton of mags for the AA kit as well (some still new in wrapper). As I found them for a good price several years ago. When I take it to the range, I run my Gen 3 19 frame on it, and bring my Gen 4 19 to actually shoot 9mm, so no swapping needed at the range. Also have my AA kit slide setup with some Ameriglo sights (with a dead vial in the front) that mimic my Trijicon HD's.

Now though range trips are all M&P, with the 2.0 Compact, the Shield 2.0 and the M&P Compact 22LR.

Also, since I picked up a case of Federal Aluminum case 9mm that I've been shooting, along with the 22LR, I don't even have to mess with picking up brass.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Just picked up a brand new Ruger American 308 with a Vortex Crossfire 3-9x40 as a result of winning my local fire department raffle! I have not the slightest clue what I’m going to shoot with a 308, but I am one happy camper!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom