a little Bren 805 & 806 action

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for the NEMO pic...dayumm that is a fine piece.

Cancer, took my maternal grandmother 26 years ago today @ age 92.5

Took my dad @ 62 and my mother @ 67.

All the above heavy heavy smokers...

Yeah -- one could say - cancer and I have a history in my family.

To all of you hurting in your various forms, you just got prayed for @ 8am Holy Mass.

It's what I do, daily...

You are a kind and thoughtful person but selling a Phantom?!?!?!? Crazy!!!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Prayer to everyone one here dealing with your various dark clouds. I pray that even if youre hurting, whether physically or internally, this lets you enjoy the good times with more emphasis. I like this group, there's a lot of good folk in here. Hopefully everything works out.
    "CZ"

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    CM, sorry to hear that someone close to you is struggling with cancer. It’s horrible and unforgiving. I’ll keep you and others who are hurting in my thoughts.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    At the next gathering, I vote that everyone does one mag dump for each person they lost to cancer. We can yell out "**** you cancer!".

Maybe I just want to mag dump, or yell, or both.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Thanks for the recommendations! In your opinion, is the Surefire Titan Plus worth the extra money over the Streamlight Microstream?

IMO yes. A lot of light in a small package. Two lumen modes. It is a twist on instead of a click on, if you have a preference. I have all three if you end up in Lafayette sometime.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At the next gathering, I vote that everyone does one mag dump for each person they lost to cancer. We can yell out "**** you cancer!".

Maybe I just want to mag dump, or yell, or both.

I fully support this. Lost both my Mother and Sister to the big C and others as well. My condolences to everyone in the same leaky a$$ boat :(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Churchmouse & Cindy, I am truly sorry to hear about your dear friend
    I hope the time you are able to spend saying your goodbyes is as peaceful and comforting as possible.
    T-Dogg I'm sorry your dad went like that and the story about your mother in law passing before your childs birth & you and your wifes pain still from it just hurt my heart as a father myself and as a husband and human.
    There are silent evils in this world so cruel that I wouldn't wish them on anyone not even my own worst enemy. I have witnessed people I love suffer and draw their last breaths while holding their hand, and while I wouldn't have been anywhere else, the lasting and traumatic effect it can have one even the most hardened of people is also something I wouldnt wish on anyone if that makes any sense. Trying fo put it into words just doesnt even seem possible.
    Sorry for any of you who have had to experience loss like this

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks for the recommendations! In your opinion, is the Surefire Titan Plus worth the extra money over the Streamlight Microstream?
    What are you wanting to use it for? I own a small collection of surefire lights and have used them for years. For a combat light there is no better option period. For a gunfight in self defense or a light for navigation or a defensive striking weapon I trust streamlight too. The beam on a surefire is also better in my opinion. We could spend all day talking about the definition of what alone that is.
    I own both, so do you need to spend the extra on the surefire? Probably not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You have to climb to the top of a mountain to get a view that makes a guy like CM stop and take note.

DSC_5141-smaller_0.jpg
    My dad told me growing up that if you ever find a woman that is good to you and likes guns, sports, cars, you better marry her quick before someone else does, and if shes attractive & can cook that's just a bonus LOL

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My dad told me growing up that if you ever find a woman that is good to you and likes guns, sports, cars, you better marry her quick before someone else does, and if shes attractive & can cook that's just a bonus LOL

Yea; she scratches the top of my Suburban but I just have to take the bad with the good.

....and then mcapo awakes from the dream and realizes he can never afford such a nice Suburban.

When I had a third "play" car that I wanted to keep at the house, my wife said "Why don't you raise the roof and install a lift?". Yep.....jackpot!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    One thing I will say about my microstream USB is that the guard kn the light end of it which covers the USB charging port, has dislodged in my front pocket before and so if I was using the light in an emergency situation it would be diminished. The little rubber gasket o ring doesnt necessarily hold it as tight as I'd like. So I'd actually like to change my recommendation and say yes, go with the surefire.
    I didnt think of that till just now

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    One thing I will say about my microstream USB is that the guard kn the light end of it which covers the USB charging port, has dislodged in my front pocket before and so if I was using the light in an emergency situation it would be diminished. The little rubber gasket o ring doesnt necessarily hold it as tight as I'd like. So I'd actually like to change my recommendation and say yes, go with the surefire.
    I didnt think of that till just now
    Good to know! Looks like I'll go with the Surefire. I just want something for everyday tasks, but also you never know when you'll need something in an emergency. In all honesty it's more likely to get use from shining down the inside of a steam wand to make sure I cleaned the espresso bar well enough. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom