Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You guys are pretty much mirroring my thoughts. On rifles, I like red dots with nothing else in the field of view when looking through the glass, so flip ups are a must. I don't get the whole co-witnessing with irons on rifles. So I feel the same on handguns too. I just want to see the dot, nothing else. The glass is tinted on the RMR. I know the tint is to help with the projection of the dot, but my one eye is looking through tint when I'm trying to shoot with both eyes open. I don't like that.

Now that being said. I do have regular height sights that were take off's from my standard 509. I had thought about swapping those in place of the suppressor height ones. That would let me see just the red dot. Maybe I try that out?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You guys are pretty much mirroring my thoughts. On rifles, I like red dots with nothing else in the field of view when looking through the glass, so flip ups are a must. I don't get the whole co-witnessing with irons on rifles. So I feel the same on handguns too. I just want to see the dot, nothing else. The glass is tinted on the RMR. I know the tint is to help with the projection of the dot, but my one eye is looking through tint when I'm trying to shoot with both eyes open. I don't like that.

Now that being said. I do have regular height sights that were take off's from my standard 509. I had thought about swapping those in place of the suppressor height ones. That would let me see just the red dot. Maybe I try that out?
    Yeah the cowitness thing is going the way of the dodo bird. People just want to see that dot imposed on the target and nothing in the way. This is one other reason I like eotechs better than aimpoints because I dont feel like I'm looking down a tube. I have used both and own both, but preference is eotech.
    On the rmr thing I shoot with both eyes open with pistol sights anyways so it's all the same for me there

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the cowitness thing is going the way of the dodo bird. People just want to see that dot imposed on the target and nothing in the way. This is one other reason I like eotechs better than aimpoints because I dont feel like I'm looking down a tube. I have used both and own both, but preference is eotech.
    On the rmr thing I shoot with both eyes open with pistol sights anyways so it's all the same for me there

I like the co-witness thing but none of my current rifles have this.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

For your flip ups, do you absolute co-witness or lower 1/3? I am assuming you would only use the BUIS if the red dot died? So maybe it doesn't matter.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Anyone else besides me and mcapo watching the world series?
    Yep, watching the game after another long day of digging out from work after PTO last week, and browsing my favorite INGO thread of course. Hoping LA gets pounded like they owe BOS money... I despise players like Muchado who feign innocence while trying to hurt opposing players.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Co witness is bull**** in my opinion. If I have a red dot on it, and it goes out, I'm betting I can still hit you. An Aimpoint tube is still a ghost ring sight.

My eyes suck, and get worse every year. Close to medium range stuff, if you can point at it, you can shoot it. The plate rack reinforces this, to me. To run it fast, you don't aim your gun, you just point it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    For your flip ups, do you absolute co-witness or lower 1/3? I am assuming you would only use the BUIS if the red dot died? So maybe it doesn't matter.
    Lower 1/3, but honestly don't care, I never use them anyways. I like having them "just in case". I am skilled enough with irons to use them, I just prefer optics on rifles.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Nah, I want a big, heavy one. If it's going to end up being a club I want it to be an effective club.

So like my Sig Sauer 1911-22? I bought it because I wanted a 22LR range toy and find shooting 22LR a blast. Though that 1911 is heavy enough to use a short club.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom