Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    All stock triggers except as noted:

CZ P-10C - trigger breaks at 5.75+ lbs, reasonably smooth take up to wall, a little creep to the break.

S&W MP9 2.0 Compact - trigger breaks at 5.75 lbs, trigger take up had such pronounced clicks and grittiness I couldn't stand it and spend 10 minutes with a stone on the trigger bar where it hits the striker block to help it out. Now has fairly decent take up feel to wall (longest take up of the three, partly due to it's hinged in the middle trigger), a little creep to the break. Least travel after the wall to break of the three.

Glock 19X (same as Gen 5) - trigger breaks at 5.75 lbs, smoothest take up of the three to wall, the longest amount of travel/creep to the break of the three but fairly smooth if you pull right through the wall to the break.

The Glock has the longest reset followed by the MP while the P-10C has the shortest.

Overall, the Glock has a smoother trigger feel while the other two have a less smooth plastic on plastic feel. This may or may not be due to the fact that the Glock probably has 1000+ rounds through it, 450 for the P-10C and 250 for the MP.

eQvCSCb.jpg
    Thanks GMCTTR! I also appreciate the picture with all three for the size comparison!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If it might be a carry gun I would go with a PCR. It has an alloy frame so it is a little lighter and a slightly smaller profile. If it is more likely to reside in the console I would go with H45's suggestion and think about a steel frame surplus gun. The steel frame makes for a slightly more stable shooting platform and, with some Cajun/Wizard loving, they can become truly elite guns. If you think you might use it as a home defense gun then I would go with the P01 and put a light/laser on it. But a Cajunized/Wizard P09 is a nearly perfect HD gun.

Isn’t the P-01 an alloy frame as well?

I know I’m compromising things, but it will on occasion do all three. It will occasionally be carried, kept in the console and kept in the nightstand. Compromises aren’t ideal, but it makes the planned budget work.

The P-09 was bought as a good buy at the time. It’s got a pieced together version of the Ultra- Lite Kit from CGW (they don’t offer one for the P-09 like they do the 75) and some basic polishing. Trigger ended up around 7lbs for DA and 4lbs for SA, if I remember right. It’s in that ballpark at least. It’s good enough to fill the role it’s currently playing. Could be smoother and lighter, but I can’t justify putting more into a polymer. I like it. It works.

(What he’s really saying is you need all three)

Some day.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all! I began work on the Phantom and have narrowed down my options of what I want to do. Many plans have been eliminated, but I made a lot of progress last night and it's going well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I know I’m compromising things, but it will on occasion do all three. It will occasionally be carried, kept in the console and kept in the nightstand. Compromises aren’t ideal, but it makes the planned budget work.

The P-09 was bought as a good buy at the time. It’s got a pieced together version of the Ultra- Lite Kit from CGW (they don’t offer one for the P-09 like they do the 75) and some basic polishing. Trigger ended up around 7lbs for DA and 4lbs for SA, if I remember right. It’s in that ballpark at least. It’s good enough to fill the role it’s currently playing. Could be smoother and lighter, but I can’t justify putting more into a polymer. I like it. It works.

Some day.

Yes, the P01 has an alloy frame. If you are looking for something that will do all three than that is probably the way to go. I think there have been some P01s available as surplus guns.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Some day.
    I know what you mean, if I have a pistol then I want to have the option of carrying it. But if I had more guns then that would change of course.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know what you mean, if I have a pistol then I want to have the option of carrying it. But if I had more guns then that would change of course.

When I had all my guns I considered all but one or two to be carry guns. Some were just farther down the list than others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom