Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :coffee:
    Mornin' all.

Need help making up my mind. Got a quandary in play.
    Should I follow through on a deal on an old Remington that I've wanted one of since I was about 13, or should I wait for the new Tikka T1X to make it through customs. The Remmy has languished in the classies for some time and I'm not sure I could move it if I changed my mind later.
    Dang it.:dunno:

That’s a tough one. How hard are the old Remmys to come by?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Mornin' all.

Should I follow through on a deal on an old Remington that I've wanted one of since I was about 13, or should I wait for the new Tikka T1X to make it through customs. The Remmy has languished in the classies for some time and I'm not sure I could move it if I changed my mind later.

If you know the old Remy is right, I’d go that direction. Not making any more “good old ones”.

On the other hand, those Tikkas sure seem to be spot on.

Gonna have to go with both...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mornin' all.

If you gave your word then stand by the deal. JMHO.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I was thinking more along the lines of:

Yesterday a couple of posters inferred that brand A was better than brand B because you didn't buy it knowing your were going to have to sink more money into it to get the trigger you wanted.

My retort is that you still aren't going to have the trigger you wanted most probably because you have never shot an upgraded brand B and really have no idea of what kind of trigger you want.

:p so there!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was thinking more along the lines of:

Yesterday a couple of posters inferred that brand A was better than brand B because you didn't buy it knowing your were going to have to sink more money into it to get the trigger you wanted.

My retort is that you still aren't going to have the trigger you wanted most probably because you have never shot and upgraded brand B and really have no idea of what kind of trigger you want.

:p so there!

That is probably the perfect reply to yesterdays conversation!

I like your philosophy - make 'em all the same. I know what I like in a revolver, (un)fortunately CM taught me what I like in 1911, I know what I like in a hunting rifle and I am learning what I like in CZ.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve been mulling over 75 Compacts. PCR or P-01?

Both are comfortable for me. Weight isn’t drastic between them, provided you don’t pick one of the steel framed P-01s. I can go either way on the rail. Is it just pick the one you find the cheapest?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Both are comfortable for me. Weight isn’t drastic between them, provided you don’t pick one of the steel framed P-01s. I can go either way on the rail. Is it just pick the one you find the cheapest?
    Is it a potential carry piece? Is it a potential HD gun? What specific task, if any, would the gun be used for?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Is it a potential carry piece? Is it a potential HD gun? What specific task, if any, would the gun be used for?

It won’t be an EDC. The current thought is that there isn’t anything in the safe that is compact sized for the times I do want to carry. The wife and I travel enough that I’d like something that can be concealed or easily kept in the center console. Currently the smallest pistol is either the SP-01 Orange (not exactly a carry piece) or the P-09.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I have a PCR, a P-01, and a few compacts. If it was me, I would buy a surplus compact and send it to Lafayette.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It won’t be an EDC. The current thought is that there isn’t anything in the safe that is compact sized for the times I do want to carry. The wife and I travel enough that I’d like something that can be concealed or easily kept in the center console. Currently the smallest pistol is either the SP-01 Orange (not exactly a carry piece) or the P-09.
    If it might be a carry gun I would go with a PCR. It has an alloy frame so it is a little lighter and a slightly smaller profile. If it is more likely to reside in the console I would go with H45's suggestion and think about a steel frame surplus gun. The steel frame makes for a slightly more stable shooting platform and, with some Cajun/Wizard loving, they can become truly elite guns. If you think you might use it as a home defense gun then I would go with the P01 and put a light/laser on it. But a Cajunized/Wizard P09 is a nearly perfect HD gun.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If it might be a carry gun I would go with a PCR. It has an alloy frame so it is a little lighter and a slightly smaller profile. If it is more likely to reside in the console I would go with H45's suggestion and think about a steel frame surplus gun. The steel frame makes for a slightly more stable shooting platform and, with some Cajun/Wizard loving, they can become truly elite guns. If you think you might use it as a home defense gun then I would go with the P01 and put a light/laser on it. But a Cajunized/Wizard P09 is a nearly perfect HD gun.

Wisdom here.

(What he’s really saying is you need all three)

A phantom is also a great choice for a HD gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom