The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ugh....the parts shortages continue to worsen. Over a week now waiting on flywheel for a 71 Buick Skylark. Everyone wants to send me a chevy 350 flywheel. Well its not the same as a Buick 350.

Clutch for a 2012 Scion tC Thru my normal suppliers, unobtanium. Can find them online for over double what the usually are.

TCM for a Ford Focus.....forget about it. Dealer just got 1 of their 43 on backorder in. For a car that's been sitting for 422 days.

Torque converters for GM 6l80/90 are getting hard to come by. Usually an additional 3-4 days downtime waiting on that

Plenty more I could ramble on about, but what's the point. At least most my customers are understanding

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ugh....the parts shortages continue to worsen. Over a week now waiting on flywheel for a 71 Buick Skylark. Everyone wants to send me a chevy 350 flywheel. Well its not the same as a Buick 350.

Clutch for a 2012 Scion tC Thru my normal suppliers, unobtanium. Can find them online for over double what the usually are.

TCM for a Ford Focus.....forget about it. Dealer just got 1 of their 43 on backorder in. For a car that's been sitting for 422 days.

Torque converters for GM 6l80/90 are getting hard to come by. Usually an additional 3-4 days downtime waiting on that

Plenty more I could ramble on about, but what's the point. At least most my customers are understanding
    What about have the Scion clutch rebuilt? South Bend clutch maybe?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Howdy all this has very much a do nothing kind of day.
    CM know that you remain in my prayers.
    MM that is a great photo of the Angels I'm sure you had a great time at the show.

Thank you ! Yup, it was a great weekend. I have 390 photos to look through ... it's a bit overwhelming, but eventually I pare them down to a reasonable amount.

Here's another. These are some crazy mofos ! (click, for bigger pic)

IMG_6650%20copy-XL.jpg

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Just got back from watching the movie "NOPE" in the theater.

It's a sci-fi/alien/flick that was a 85 outta 100.

There are several "NOPE explained" on youtube videos out.

Might do ya well to find one and get up to speed about it first.

It's pretty spread out in it's beginning but they tie it all together nicely.

It was worth the watch - albeit, I couldn't understand some of the lingo (*old ears?*)

Go see it - it was very enjoyable.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What about have the Scion clutch rebuilt? South Bend clutch maybe?
    It seems they do 2010 and older. 2012 has a different motor and clutch set up.

They're available, just at an additional cost, which the customer doesn't wanna pay. He will not have a choice come next week. He'll have an option to pay more and get job done or pay for removal and tow it home

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Speaking of the FGE, I'd like to organize a small work day if anyone wants to get some fresh air and exercise in the country. It may involve dragging brush and/or splitting wood and I'd like to make it happen soon. # of volunteers and available dates will determine when we do this as limited by my ability to take a PTO day or 2. So PM me if you wanna participate with preferred days and I'll try and and coordinate. May involve small children fishing, an evening campfire and a sip of something tasty along the way.
    Let me know what the dates you are looking at are. I've got to help move the oldest son to Quincy, IL in the next week or so and have been planning on a trip to NC on the weekend around the 13th but I'll be there to help if I can

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Had a day off today in between my Phase 1 and 2 of my class so I drove up the road to a place called Laurel, MS. Laurel is where they film the HGTV show Home Town so I went to a few of their shops and picked up a couple souvenirs. I went to a store called the Scotsman general store and woodshop where they film the woodworking scenes, they had some nice stuff in there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The last of the family visits are winding down. It’s been a busy fortnight here with family coming and going. My oldest is heading off to Quincy, IL tomorrow and once he secures an apartment, I’ll help him get moved. The youngest is now in an apartment up in Carmel, so the house is getting to be quiet again.

Last night, I helped my son replace the rear shocks on his car. It took about 90 minutes and we replaced all mounts with the shocks themselves. I need to do the same to my old ‘98 BMW in the garage. Right now though, I’m focused on my Spider. I put a new wheel and tire package on it about a month ago and next up will be a chip. Then comes coilovers and anti-roll bars. After that, I’ll do a Gilken LSD before calling it complete.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The last of the family visits are winding down. It’s been a busy fortnight here with family coming and going. My oldest is heading off to Quincy, IL tomorrow and once he secures an apartment, I’ll help him get moved. The youngest is now in an apartment up in Carmel, so the house is getting to be quiet again.

Last night, I helped my son replace the rear shocks on his car. It took about 90 minutes and we replaced all mounts with the shocks themselves. I need to do the same to my old ‘98 BMW in the garage. Right now though, I’m focused on my Spider. I put a new wheel and tire package on it about a month ago and next up will be a chip. Then comes coilovers and anti-roll bars. After that, I’ll do a Gilken LSD before calling it complete.
    Is the LSD for tripping?

Morning all.

Saturday here.

:coffee: and a relaxing :poop:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I have an annual job for a client that we've been doing for two decades. Involves printing 500k postcards and then distributing some each month. Due to the quantity, we farm out the printing. The shop we use is having a hard time acquiring the paper to do the job. And this is a big shop with over a hundred employees. When they can't find paper, it's a big problem.

First supply side issues we've had in 37 years. A lot of little back orders lately, but mostly they seem to have resolved themselves. Until now.

Build back better, indeed. FJB, and the donkey he rode in on.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Need to mow, fix a faucet, feed the hummys, and remove tape residue from a rifle stock today. Nothing too horrible but had a marathon phone call with a very good friend til the wee hours of the morning and having trouble getting into gear today. Granny gear would work but still can't even get it into that gear. Might fall off the no coffee wagon shortly if I can't get the syncros to line up here soon..

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom