The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So I just had a small video from CSPAN on Instagram....demon-crat gal from Illinois asked both CEOs from Ruger and Daniel Defense if they were in favor of abolishing the ATF....Both of them said "they were not in favor of abolishing the ATF". I now know this whole life thang is a game and it's rigged.
    In the case of Ruger, and Smith & Wesson, they have to walk a tight line due to shareholders. Though as one of their shareholders (I own stocks in both companies, plus a bunch of other gun/ammo/sporting goods companies), I would have been fine with a more aggressive statement.

The real problem is and if it had been me, I would have said it, "If during a congressional hearing you make disparaging remarks about a government entity that regulates you, they are going to be up your butt the next week."

The other thing, I noticed is anytime the chairwoman asked a question and didn't get an answer she liked, she shut them up and "took back her time".

I also think a more nuanced stance is needed. The ATF shouldn't be making laws, they should be enforcing the laws that our lawmakers make though. I also think we need less laws in general.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Very cool MM. That is a great picture. I haven't been to an air show in a long time.

Two weekends ago, my wife and I went to Dayton to the Air Force Museum. We need to go back, we only got through half of it in 5 hours.

View attachment 214702

A B-25 Mitchell. This WWII airplane is most famous for being used by Lieutenant Colonel James Doolittle for the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo. When I was a kid, for one Christmas I got a model plane of the B-25. In my home office have a painting of the Doolittle Raiders by Brian Moon. It is one of the few non-science fiction/fantasy works of art I own.

View attachment 214704
    The other side of the B-25 Mitchell.

View attachment 214705
    The Memphis Belle, a B-17F. One of the most well known WWII airplanes. I also have a signed picture of the Memphis Belle hanging in my home office as well.

View attachment 214710
    A German Messerschmidt ME-262. This is the first functional Jet Fighter/Bomber. I love the look of these planes.

View attachment 214711
    A German ME-163 Komet. This was the only Rocket Powered Airplane, and was used for intercept missions. I always thought these were interesting looking little fighters.
    The Airzoo in Kalamazoo is pretty fantastic too.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very cool MM. That is a great picture. I haven't been to an air show in a long time.

Two weekends ago, my wife and I went to Dayton to the Air Force Museum. We need to go back, we only got through half of it in 5 hours.

View attachment 214702

A B-25 Mitchell. This WWII airplane is most famous for being used by Lieutenant Colonel James Doolittle for the Doolittle Raid on Tokyo. When I was a kid, for one Christmas I got a model plane of the B-25. In my home office have a painting of the Doolittle Raiders by Brian Moon. It is one of the few non-science fiction/fantasy works of art I own.

View attachment 214704
    The other side of the B-25 Mitchell.

View attachment 214705
    The Memphis Belle, a B-17F. One of the most well known WWII airplanes. I also have a signed picture of the Memphis Belle hanging in my home office as well.

View attachment 214710
    A German Messerschmidt ME-262. This is the first functional Jet Fighter/Bomber. I love the look of these planes.

View attachment 214711
    A German ME-163 Komet. This was the only Rocket Powered Airplane, and was used for intercept missions. I always thought these were interesting looking little fighters.

Thanks for sharing your photos.... nice job !
    We were at that very museum TODAY
    Haven't been there in 20 years, but as an Air Force veteran, I knew that we had to go there this afternoon.
    Tomorrow.....is the air show for us, but we saw the Angels flying over I70 today, on the way to the hotel.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    1659218341497.jpeg
    This is in the Duro valley in Portugal today. Sad, it has been very hot and dry and fires have been an issue. After we went through the locks you can just see in the lower left of the photo the fire fighting planes were touching down on the river next to the ship, filling their water tanks and heading right back into the fire. Brave souls!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks for sharing your photos.... nice job !
    We were at that very museum TODAY
    Haven't been there in 20 years, but as an Air Force veteran, I knew that we had to go there this afternoon.
    Tomorrow.....is the air show for us, but we saw the Angels flying over I70 today, on the way to the hotel.
    Thank you. They are no where near as good as your pictures. I was only using my iPhone 13 to take them.

25 years ago, for my bachelor party, we were supposed to go to the Air Show at Wright Patterson. Instead I got shanghaied, and CameraMonkey made me jump out of a plane in Richmond, IN. As I was floating in the air, the B2 Stealth Bomber was doing a fly over Dayton. But the turn it has to do is so far, that it was out by Richmond. I thought the thing was coming right at me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thank you. They are no where near as good as your pictures. I was only using my iPhone 13 to take them.

25 years ago, for my bachelor party, we were supposed to go to the Air Show at Wright Patterson. Instead I got shanghaied, and CameraMonkey made me jump out of a plane in Richmond, IN. As I was floating in the air, the B2 Stealth Bomber was doing a fly over Dayton. But the turn it has to do is so far, that it was out by Richmond. I thought the thing was coming right at me.
    That's wild !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Evening folks!
    Hello, my friend !
    Wife and I found a fun outdoor restaurant.
    They had the non-alcohol beer for me ..... but I felt wild'n'crazy ! ;)

IMG_20220730_203341.jpg
    EDIT : just reread my post, and I made it seem like I'd fallen off the wagon after 16 years.... that's  not the case ! I drank my usual O'Doules when I feel wild ! :)

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I guess that everyone can tell that I don't get out much. ;)
    A fun weekend with lots of military aircraft gets me revved up !
    With focal lengths from 10mm to almost 300mm in my camera case, I hope to be able to make some decent photos. But as always, distance, positioning in relationship to the sun.....things like that.....these are all unknowns at this point.
    I feel that it's also important to put the camera down, and just enjoy the show !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Evening my peoples.
    Not been posting much and with good reason. All things medical have turned south on me. I am so glad I finished the boxes for the terrorists. When I put the last brush stroke of Tung oil on them I was done. Completely. There is nothing left in the tanks.
    I have been sleeping the days away. The new meds are Opium based for pain and they knock me down. Slept 90% of the day away today. Things will not be getting any better.
    Knew this was coming just hoping for a weee bit more time.
    I am still here and thinking of you all. Yea I sure am.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Evening my peoples.
    Not been posting much and with good reason. All things medical have turned south on me. I am so glad I finished the boxes for the terrorists. When I put the last brush stroke of Tung oil on them I was done. Completely. There is nothing left in the tanks.
    I have been sleeping the days away. The new meds are Opium based for pain and they knock me down. Slept 90% of the day away today. Things will not be getting any better.
    Knew this was coming just hoping for a weee bit more time.
    I am still here and thinking of you all. Yea I sure am.
    I'm terribly sorry to hear this, CM. Will continue praying for you and family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was afraid this was where we were, CM. You've been absent more and I think we all have noticed. Like MM and I'm sure many others, if there is any help we can provide, we are here.
    Just not much to share anymore my friend. The have to get done list is, well, done. No energy to start anything else past watering the garden.
    I read up in here every day. Have to keep up with my peoples.
    It’s been a long and most interesting run.
    Still a few more things I would have liked to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess that everyone can tell that I don't get out much. ;)
    A fun weekend with lots of military aircraft gets me revved up !
    With focal lengths from 10mm to almost 300mm in my camera case, I hope to be able to make some decent photos. But as always, distance, positioning in relationship to the sun.....things like that.....these are all unknowns at this point.
    I feel that it's also important to put the camera down, and just enjoy the show !
    When I was into taking pics it was with a 35mm Minolta film rig. Took a lot of shots at the race track with it when I was spectating and CKW took pics if I was racing.
    I found it most. Enjoyable but I also missed some action from it.

I love your pics Amigo.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    rules.
    Do want. Bulldozer first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.