The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A standard day in my new reality (as BA used to say).
    Finished the new gas valve swap on the shop unit heater. About 25 minutes total. That required a nap.
    Then Amazon shows up with the new door handle for the exterior door from the family room to the shop.
    About 20 minutes work and another nap.

On the deck with CKW dreaming of a root beer float.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    A standard day in my new reality (as BA used to say).
    Finished the new gas valve swap on the shop unit heater. About 25 minutes total. That required a nap.
    Then Amazon shows up with the new door handle for the exterior door from the family room to the shop.
    About 20 minutes work and another nap.

On the deck with CKW dreaming of a root beer float.
    I took a pretty long nap today myself. With the stormage going on outside I figured it was a perfect time for one.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The birthday girl and I went to the movies. Her choice for the show and her choice for dinner afterwards. We caught a matinee in Niles, MI for $4 a seat. (Wonderland Cinema is fantastic and very reasonable. The large drink is $3 w/ free refills and popcorn is about the same.) She chose "Where the crawfish sing". Kinda chickflick murder mystery. Good movie.

Olive Garden afterwards. Soup, salad and bread sticks hit the spot. A 7 layer brownie cake was absolutely fantastic. Brownie, cheesecake, brownie, cheesecake.....repeat.

Home for a walk with the dog. We called the kids. The daughter is pretty miserable with covid. My mom and dad are also going through it so they can all be together. The boy is having a blast at his grandma's house.

Hopefully we can stay healthy. I really don't feel like missing work right now.

I was up at 7:00 this morning. It's almost 1:00 now. Kinda beat but need to stay up about another hour to get back into my work sleep schedule.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Ok.....got home.....interesting gas emergency call took me past time I wanted to get home this morning.

Guy was drilling new holes in a 55 gallon steel drum for a burn barrel in the back yard in South Bend.....(didn't know you could burn trash in the city limits???:scratch::scratch:). He was using an 18" long wood drill bit to drill thru steel.....:scratch::scratch: He wasn't paying too much attention to his 4 year old daughter.....who grabbed the drill and started "aerating" the back yard...... gas service lines only have to be down 14"...... you guessed it....

HISSSSSSS!!!!!!! I smell gas!!!!! at 1030pm at night!!!! So after South Bend fire waits till we (I decided to help the old South Bend serviceman get it squeezed off.......not the best neighborhood to hang out in) had the 50 psi dragon squeezed from being able to breath that 3600 degrees blue flame......I had a nice no traffic drive home at 1am.......

Morale of the story - watch your toddlers!!!!! especially with power tools!!!!! and you won't have strange men, with lights and sirens, and others with guns, with lights and sirens

(DA HOOD, YA KNOW!!!!!) watching other strange men with yellow hard hats, digging in your yard, with the threat of a blow torch looming, directed at the place you call home, at O DARK THIRTY at night!!!!!

I really need to start righting a book.....ya just can't fix stupid!!!!! so I ought to make a couple bucks off the entertaining, scary, no common sense, acts of stupidity I seem to encounter on a daily basis....at all hours!!!!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    and.....another story, this one goes back 8 or 10 years......it.....again......was late at night, around 1100pm in Fort Wayne. A concerned neighbor was letting Fido do his business....you guessed it......SMELLED GAS!!!!
    Now, it was foggy night, cool moist air, that had a slight breeze......gas man's worst nightmare......see the odorant, mercaptan, once it hits atmospheric pressure- the air, it falls out of natural gas and goes anywhere the wind blows, or traffic takes it.
    A guy, 3 houses to the northeast, and a block north, had decided to dig a campfire pit.......you guessed it!!! DID NOT CALL 811.....but he was smart enough not to put it under his aerial electric service line, because he didn't want the flames to melt his power lines....BUT did dig directly in front of his gas meter, which was only 15 feet away, straight out from it, and.....going almost 2 feet deep!!!! He nicked the 50 psi line, but it wasn't blowing, and later that night, on the 4th of July, had a bonfire!!!! From what I found out later, the flames were impressive!!!! The nick in the pipe must have gotten worse from the hot coals around it, but it was the 4th of July, these people got drunk, had smores, went in, and passed out..... I got the call.....on July, 5th!!!! at 11pm......so this hisser had gotten worse, while everyone was sleeping, then went to work on Friday morning. So.....here I am, Friday, July 5th, over 24 hours later.......fenced in yards, dogs!!!! lights coming on.......me yelling before I go in a backyard, because I don't want to meet the Rottweiler or Pitbull named "Princess", unannounced in some strangers backyard. Someone, calls the cops, well you know, it's O DARK THIRTY, and "some guy, with a fluorescent yellow vest and a flash light in my backyard!!!" So now I have cops screaming at me that they smell gas......which gets the Fort Wayne Fire Department, with those lights and sirens......smelling gas!!!!! we soon have a "neighborhood block party" with lights and flashing lights, and flash lights all smelling gas in about a 6 block area......then I go inside the yard of the BONFIRE IDIOT.....I'm tired, nose is polluted from the faint smell of mercaptan, WHICH IS EVERY WHERE, because this little hisser has just been seeping, but at 50 PSI, now with damp foggy air, but a slight breeze, causing the entire area to stink........
    I wasn't expecting a rough dug hole in a backyard. I was shining my flashlight at the gas meter, but I had my gas detector in "blood hound" mode, with a flexible sniffer filter on, when I stumbled into the hole. Gas detector starts "whistling DIXIE", which gets the cop in the yard next to me kind of excited......next thing ya know, I have quite the audience watching me, groundhog dig this service, safely away from where it's hissing, to get it squeezed OFF. "Block party" starts to fade, but I have to stay there, once the crew arrives. They decide to reroute the service, WITH FRESH EMERGENCY LOCATES, closer to the property line.....I think it was around 6am Saturday we had BONFIRE MORON restored.

Call 811 BEFORE Ya DIG!!!! It's the LAW!!!!! and.....
    prevents "Unannounced, Neighborhood Block Parties"!!!! at the wee hours of the morning.......UGH!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    edit - writing a book, not righting, I know, my punctuation sucks.....it's late, beers warm now, and I really need to get to bed......maybe I ought to find my saw-all.......LOL!!!!
    The things a service man runs into after the sun goes down would make normal 9 to 5-ers head spin.

Morning peoples. Just looking for some re-sleep.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Helping the gardener watering plants again this morning, had yellow raspberries for dessert last night, peak of the crop probably. Harvesting grapes again to stay ahead of the wildlife, these go in bags in the freezer until the peak harvest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom