Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know that these are silly words even as I type them but, I have no needs in terms of handguns right now. I really don't even have much in the way of wants at the moment. Sure, I'd like to pick up a 10mm P220 but not enough to drop over a grand for one.

This last purchase put me squarely in my comfort zone for EDC and backups. Next step in simplification of life is to go through the safe and root out what I don't enjoy shooting. Then, I need to decide if it needs improved or just let go.

Owning stuff is a burden. If you love it, it's worth that burden and if you don't, it should move on.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know that these are silly words even as I type them but, I have no needs in terms of handguns right now. I really don't even have much in the way of wants at the moment. Sure, I'd like to pick up a 10mm P220 but not enough to drop over a grand for one.

This last purchase put me squarely in my comfort zone for EDC and backups. Next step in simplification of life is to go through the safe and root out what I don't enjoy shooting. Then, I need to decide if it needs improved or just let go.

Owning stuff is a burden. If you love it, it's worth that burden and if you don't, it should move on.
    :+1:

This is pretty much where I'm at right now. I'm out of room in the safe for rifles and I have all of the endeavors I wish to pursue covered with what I have. Between the bolt guns, AR's, big scopes, red dots and irons, I can accomplish whatever goal I choose that day.

In regard to handguns, the only thing with a little spark of interest is a 10mm, but even with that brings a premium I'd rather put towards reloading equipment or components. I'd be more likely to put some red dots on my defensive guns first than buy another handgun altogether. Sure, I'd love to have my old P-01 back or even that P-01 Omega mentioned yesterday, but it answers a question I don't have currently. I rarely shoot handguns anymore and when I do shoot them, I should be shooting my defensive ones instead of range guns/fun guns/toys.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    88, you are right! This is easier said than done, but that doesn't make it less true. I am planning on working in our garage this week and weeding out what I don't need.
    I watched the new Matrix last night. It was better than I thought it would be but it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It was entertaining and kept my interest. My wife made a couple of comments while she was reading a book at the same time as watching it, then she went on to bed. She isn't a big Keanu fan, nor does she like violence. For my birthday years ago we went to the theater to watch the second John Wick movie. I think she kept her eyes covered the while time.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    T-D, but it is also good to be able to shoot a variety of pistols. Also, do you only wear your work clothes? Only talk about work? Do other things other than work? I think that if you feel like you can only do those things then you would burn out.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning folks. Coffee consumed.

Going through eBay to see about selling my Pokémon cards. The place I stopped yesterday made me a decent offer on just 5-6 cards, so I took that knowledge and looked them up myself… They didn’t offer me half of what they are selling for. I was willing to deal with them to avoid eBay and people, but they would have had to make me a fair offer. I understand the need to make money, but…

I’ve got a couple gun wants right now, getting back in a 1911 has been on my mind a lot recently.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks. Coffee consumed.

Going through eBay to see about selling my Pokémon cards. The place I stopped yesterday made me a decent offer on just 5-6 cards, so I took that knowledge and looked them up myself… They didn’t offer me half of what they are selling for. I was willing to deal with them to avoid eBay and people, but they would have had to make me a fair offer. I understand the need to make money, but…

I’ve got a couple gun wants right now, getting back in a 1911 has been on my mind a lot recently.

Try TCB games in Huntington. They recently bought a couple $$$ Pokémon cards from my future SIL for a price he thought EBay not worth the hassle and risk. I was shocked at the price. He could have bought a nice DW and a supply of ammo for three cards.

YMMV.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    T-D, but it is also good to be able to shoot a variety of pistols. Also, do you only wear your work clothes? Only talk about work? Do other things other than work? I think that if you feel like you can only do those things then you would burn out.
    I have had plenty of variety of pistols over the years, probably more than most gun shops, and it has taken me a long time to figure out what I like and what fits my needs. I don't view handguns like others do, my interest has heavily leaned towards rifles for quite some time. Investing a lot of money into handguns is not something I'm personally interested in. I just get more fulfillment from rifles.

Work clothes? You mean like sweatpants?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sounds like I need to go through some of my kids old toy totes and get their Pokémon cards out. They have stacks and stacks of those things. They even have those gold ingot things that McDonald's used to put in happy meals back in the day. Who knows, might have enough to get a couple new scopes or maybe a new Jeep :cool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sounds like I need to go through some of my kids old toy totes and get their Pokémon cards out. They have stacks and stacks of those things. They even have those gold ingot things that McDonald's used to put in happy meals back in the day. Who knows, might have enough to get a couple new scopes or maybe a new Jeep :cool:
    Now is the time to sell! I’ve got those gold things too, haven’t looked up the values yet.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Now is the time to sell! I’ve got those gold things too, haven’t looked up the values yet.
    I'll put that on the things to do this week then. Today is clean the gun bench and take pics of my family of guns..again. I got a call yesterday that my old phone can not be fixed so 95% of all my info was lost. I need to get new pics and backed up on the cloud, then get a list to my insurance guy. Been nervous about it since the phone breakage last weekend.
    Also need to get my contacts back too. This is going to be interesting. Lost all of my CZicko contacts too so if you guys would pm your contact info again it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom