• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well… I couldn’t get the darn borrowed chainsaw to start… it had been sitting awhile… I wasted a lot of time on it and decided I didn’t care anymore…

So I grabbed my tomahawk and went to town! I got a lot of it done that way, broke the twigs, used a sawzall on the medium sized branches and pushed the two big limbs out of the way for now.

We are back staying at my folks because of the sewer issues at our home, just easier. So that enabled me to grab some guns and get some stress relief in!

First shots with the CZ 457 kiddo version, love it. Sights are off so that’ll take some paper. The Henry pump 22 is just downright fun! I was able to stuff 23 shorts in the tube! The ORIGINAL assault rifle! Also got the ol’ Wrangler “Lee” out for some fun.

ESEE RB3 and Cold Steel Rifleman’s Hawk along for the ride since they were with me all day.

DB1D8FD4-9D46-45C7-B8EF-CFE8D4B84233.jpeg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Well… I couldn’t get the darn borrowed chainsaw to start…

It's a Stihl. Pump the primer bulb four times, set the choke, pull the cord until it pops the first time and I do mean even one pop, take the choke off and pull a couple of times and it should fire up.

If you pull the cord with the CHOKE ON AFTER the FIRST POP, you just flooded it and might as well walk away for a couple of hours.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Well… I couldn’t get the darn borrowed chainsaw to start… it had been sitting awhile… I wasted a lot of time on it and decided I didn’t care anymore…

So I grabbed my tomahawk and went to town! I got a lot of it done that way, broke the twigs, used a sawzall on the medium sized branches and pushed the two big limbs out of the way for now.

We are back staying at my folks because of the sewer issues at our home, just easier. So that enabled me to grab some guns and get some stress relief in!

First shots with the CZ 457 kiddo version, love it. Sights are off so that’ll take some paper. The Henry pump 22 is just downright fun! I was able to stuff 23 shorts in the tube! The ORIGINAL assault rifle! Also got the ol’ Wrangler “Lee” out for some fun.

ESEE RB3 and Cold Steel Rifleman’s Hawk along for the ride since they were with me all day.

View attachment 185951

That Henry looks familiar.!!??

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's a Stihl. Pump the primer bulb four times, set the choke, pull the cord until it pops the first time and I do mean even one pop, take the choke off and pull a couple of times and it should fire up.

If you pull the cord with the CHOKE ON AFTER the FIRST POP, you just flooded it and might as well walk away for a couple of hours.
    This model doesn’t have a primer bulb, which I was dumbfounded to see. Seems like it would have helped a bunch. It never once popped at all. It’s my dads saw, I’ve used it before without issue, but it’s doesn’t get a lot of use…. he did use it last fall though. I confirmed that it had spark, but still wouldn’t even try…

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Hope everyone enjoyed their beautiful Saturday. I started out going with my buddy with the portable saw mill to look at a few logs another INGO member would like milled. Super nice family and nice looking logs that should make some really nice lumber. Went back to my buddy’s house and he just had to show me his new, just unboxed rifle. He has several AR10s set up for precision shooting so I figured this would be good. Let me preface this by saying I am clueless when it comes to rifles but can tell quality when its in my hands but was not expecting this (I know 1 or 2 of you guys will really appreciate this, I hope I get this right): a Bergara Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 PRC. He has not gotten an optic yet, not sure what he wants. I mentioned I would be happy to borrow it for the SGE!

Then I went home and hosed the salt off the garage floor, did then
    poop patrol in the yard, pruned some shrubs and did a little yard work since it was so nice out.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This model doesn’t have a primer bulb, which I was dumbfounded to see. Seems like it would have helped a bunch. It never once popped at all. It’s my dads saw, I’ve used it before without issue, but it’s doesn’t get a lot of use…. he did use it last fall though. I confirmed that it had spark, but still wouldn’t even try…
    It's like my old one. Switch on, choke it, pull until it fires. Teaspoon of 2 cycle gas on the air filter or some WD40 in the carb bbl. If it fires and still won't run, carb needs cleaned.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ordered a holster for my Wrangler tonight. Have been wanting one, wanted to make one, but I’m not going to get to it anytime soon… So I was after a homemade, simple, classic styled wearer leather holster. Found a seller on eBay that makes them out of Wyoming, affordable price and exactly the look I was after.

Now to just find the right gun belt and I’d like a small leather pouch that I could dump some 22 ammo in for some quicker reloads without having to carry a box of ammo…

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Oh what a lovely day. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Between me and a close friend of mine, @RealHonestAbe, we fine tuned the sights on 4 AR's, 1 AK,and 1 pistol. Ran some drills, sorted out some gear, and had a blast with over 4 hours on the firing line. Gusts came through periodically but we shot in the lulls.

Both CZ's performed well. The P10 is driving tacks with the Swampfox.

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_131756450.jpg
      IMG_20220305_131756450.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 12
    • IMG_20220305_145634774.jpg
      IMG_20220305_145634774.jpg
      432.7 KB · Views: 12
    • IMG_20220305_131815538.jpg
      IMG_20220305_131815538.jpg
      664.4 KB · Views: 12

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

View attachment 185951
    You still have a shooting bench here when time allows.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hello guys, been awhile since I posted much. Some of you knew that my stepfather was nearing the end of his battle with leukemia, and he crossed that bridge on Feb 18th. Bitter relief for sure, he was suffering a lot.

But onto the gun stuff. I inherited this today, which brought me to tears. Of course I tore into it as soon as I got home. It was surprisingly clean other than nooks and crannies that 1911 guys know, so I got quite a bit of carbon out of it, especially with the extractor which I have a special tool for removal. It was dry as a bone but otherwise surprisingly clean. Even the firing pin channel was very presentable.

I haven't had a chance to research much about this yet, and it's not leaving the family, but can anyone tell me where to start, or what the S/N says about it? This is a little different than my usual view of a DW S/N, so I'm a little in the dark on this Colt.

Edit: the pic doesn't give much away. Tell me what you need to know and I'll shine a light on it to share the numbers.

Attachments

• 20220305_194640.png
      20220305_194640.png
      3.8 MB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello guys, been awhile since I posted much. Some of you knew that my stepfather was nearing the end of his battle with leukemia, and he crossed that bridge on Feb 18th. Bitter relief for sure, he was suffering a lot.

But onto the gun stuff. I inherited this today, which brought me to tears. Of course I tore into it as soon as I got home. It was surprisingly clean other than nooks and crannies that 1911 guys know, so I got quite a bit of carbon out of it, especially with the extractor which I have a special tool for removal. It was dry as a bone but otherwise surprisingly clean. Even the firing pin channel was very presentable.

I haven't had a chance to research much about this yet, and it's not leaving the family, but can anyone tell me where to start, or what the S/N says about it? This is a little different than my usual view of a DW S/N, so I'm a little in the dark on this Colt.

Edit: the pic doesn't give much away. Tell me what you need to know and I'll shine a light on it to share the numbers.View attachment 186022
    I can not help you on this but I know the serial number will be the info you need. Lead eye may be of some help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom