Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So went to the indoor range today for a quick ammo test with the Springer RO. Thought I would try bench rest target shooting at 25 yards. Do to the height of the bench could not get the right angle through my progressive lenses And actually shot better offhand. But what I really found out is that I can’t hit jack :poop: beyond 15 yards so I better wait until I can see the whites and blacks of their eyes.

Target 3 was offhand, 4 shots from 10 yards, 4 from 25 yards. All the rest were bench rest at 25 yds.

View attachment 185516

Guess I won’t be taking any prizes home at the SGE.

But was it fun to shoot? That's the important question... :yesway:

I usually shoot around 7 - 10 yards myself. More self defense shootings are that range (or less) statistically speaking than any other, though good to occasionally shoot farther out for those outlier cases ;)

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    But was it fun to shoot? That's the important question... :yesway:

I usually shoot around 7 - 10 yards myself. More self defense shootings are that range (or less) statistically speaking than any other, though good to occasionally shoot farther out for those outlier cases ;)
    Heck yes!

And I usually keep it less than 15 yds, but trying to expand my skills. I also ran a few mags of 124 gr gold dot jhp through the p365 at 10 yards, ran a failure to stop drill and did pretty well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Fun story… it’s already backing up. Looks like the digging is gonna happen this weekend! Yay! At least it’s gonna be warm…
    Mouse gave you the parts list.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Heck yes!

And I usually keep it less than 15 yds, but trying to expand my skills. I also ran a few mags of 124 gr gold dot jhp through the p365 at 10 yards, ran a failure to stop drill and did pretty well.

50 at the FGE was humbling (except for Wingrider - I think he is still hitting steel...).

It is going to be a unique target at the FGE - will allow some second chance hits.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    50 at the FGE was humbling (except for Wingrider - I think he is still hitting steel...).

It is going to be a unique target at the FGE - will allow some second chance hits.
    Can I try with two different pistols? Both are CM Approved.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mouse gave you the parts list.

Just that whole call before you dig….

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So CKW wanted to try on some new shoes to better match her outfit. We saw these grips and the blue looked brighter in the pic. So here we are. What say you all.
    View attachment 185500
    I have the same grips on my CZ 75. They are darker than they looked in the pictures.

You might consider the Lok Thin Grips, they offer a straight up Blue. I don't know if the Shadow uses CZ 75, or the Shadow 2 grips. https://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz/c...eckered/cz-shadow-2-thin-full-checkered-blue/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom