T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hope she gets over it soon.

Gardener's niece is on the respirator now, her daughter and father in law tested positive. Gardener's sister is having a rough time.
    You and your extended family are in my thoughts, LE. I also asked the Lord to help guide your family through this tough time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm sorry to hear that many have continuing physical problems / discomforts.
    I have the feeling that it's going to be a long, long winter.

Perhaps, it'll cheer folks up to look at firearm photos, and I took a few today.
    ... all of the SKS. I love that thing more by the hour !
    It's so hard to take a photo of a complete 40" rifle ..... it's just so much information for (1) photo, and the details are lost. I decided to do this one in sections.

Nothing remarkable about the muzzle end. All solid, with a hint of the spiker bayonet to come (I like the crisp checkering on the bayonet grip)
    i-Vdq6LTJ-XL.jpg

The bayonet appears to have some dried blood on it !!! Authentic ?
    The cleaning rod is present, of course.
    i-SXzb4sj-XL.jpg

THIS is my favorite part..... I just love the handguard ! :wwub:

i-LsFcmzr-XL.jpg

Everything looks very solid in the receiver / charging handle / magazine department.
    i-vmWMMVT-XL.jpg

My benefactor installed a cool peep sight .... it substantially increases the sight radius, and makes it much more sensible for the intended target (steel at 200 yds, please !)
    i-NXsjWS8-XL.jpg

And just look at that wood ! ..... seasoned catalpa, in excellent condition !
    i-dSdmbFf-XL.jpg

That's all folks .... a fine SKS viewed from muzzle to buttstock. Finito ! :alright:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'm sorry to hear that many have continuing physical problems / discomforts.
    I have the feeling that it's going to be a long, long winter.

Perhaps, it'll cheer folks up to look at firearm photos, and I took a few today.
    ... all of the SKS. I love that thing more by the hour !
    It's so hard to take a photo of a complete 40" rifle ..... it's just so much information for (1) photo, and the details are lost. I decided to do this one in sections.

Nothing remarkable about the muzzle end. All solid, with a hint of the spiker bayonet to come (I like the crisp checkering on the bayonet grip)
    i-Vdq6LTJ-XL.jpg

The bayonet appears to have some dried blood on it !!! Authentic ?
    The cleaning rod is present, of course.
    i-SXzb4sj-XL.jpg

THIS is my favorite part..... I just love the handguard ! :wwub:

i-LsFcmzr-XL.jpg

Everything looks very solid in the receiver / charging handle / magazine department.
    i-vmWMMVT-XL.jpg

My benefactor installed a cool peep sight .... it substantially increases the sight radius, and makes it much more sensible for the intended target (steel at 200 yds, please !)
    i-NXsjWS8-XL.jpg

And just look at that wood ! ..... seasoned catalpa, in excellent condition !
    i-dSdmbFf-XL.jpg

That's all folks .... a fine SKS viewed from muzzle to buttstock. Finito ! :alright:
    What are you hiding on the other side?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Took my BIL and my daughter shooting today. Wasn't too bad while the sun was out. Winds were calm. We gently rang steel at 300 yards on an 11.5" plate with my Tippmann 22 rifle using CCI SV. Daughter went 6/10 at one point. That made me smile. Needed somewhere round 14 MRAD of elevation to get there from a 50 yard zero. That's over 12 feet of bullet drop. Lol.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Took my BIL and my daughter shooting today. Wasn't too bad while the sun was out. Winds were calm. We gently rang steel at 300 yards on an 11.5" plate with my Tippmann 22 rifle using CCI SV. Daughter went 6/10 at one point. That made me smile. Needed somewhere round 14 MRAD of elevation to get there from a 50 yard zero. That's over 12 feet of bullet drop. Lol.
    12 feet?!? I wouldn't even know where to start to try and hit something 300 yards away with a 22. I'd likely walk my fat ass 280-290ish yards before the shot. Lol

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It sounds like your daughter could become a 'Designated Marksman' ! :rockwoot:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The Mindhunter series is based this book:

The book is by one of the agents who worked on starting the BSU and he was a consultant on the series. The inmate interviews are supposedly accurate.
    Finally had the moments to dig. Man was I way off. Given the title and (FBI) subject matter I assumed a correlation. The movie I referred to was based on an Agatha Christie novel.

Your way is better. Infinitely less Christian Slater.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom