Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Up @ 4:40..solid 8.5 hours

Pantless hiway run possibly to RH for trade This morning.

Doing very well, day 7 today. No sore throat ever, no headache, no fever, just eyesight compromised a bit light sensitivity etc. Still doing 1 mile a day in mill for air intake and 30 minutes dry sauna. Loads of pills and vitamins, some still prescription. All is well it seems

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee: :coffee:

Those are beautiful pics MM. What a cool rifle that is. I’m glad that you’re happy with it. It was the first semi-auto rifle that I ever owned.
    I hope Mike's shoots better mine did. Think mine was a threaded bbl and they press fit it into the rcvr. Couldn't hit a bull in the ass at 40 paces.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hit the range yesterday with my sons. The main goal was to fire the youngest son’s Luger. Wow, what a neat gun that is. At almost $2 a round, I do need to set a tool head up for it and roll my own ammo for him.

I did take the time to do some more holster drills. This time with a .357 Sig P229 and 9mm SAO P226. I had been practicing the draw stroke and got it down to about 1.50 with dry fire. But, with live ammo, it went right back to 2 seconds. In fact, my initial shot time with the P229 was the exact same 1.98 seconds as it was when shooting another P229 with the 9mm slide.

Split times rose from .25 to .33 for the .357 Sig. I had thought I’d lose more time than that. The SAO full size P226 dropped split times to .22 but I was slower on the draw with the safety to manipulate. It’s odd but when I am dry firing, the draw stroke with the safety is very fast and smooth but with live fire, I felt like I was fumbling for the safety and was running right at the 2.00 level on the draw. I was in the 1.70 area with the Phantom.

Oddly, accuracy suffered with the 9mm. I was much more accurate with the .357 Sig than with the 9mm. All shots were COM but the .357 grouped tighter for me. This is similar to what I found with the G19 and G23. I was always more accurate with the G23 than I was with the G19. I definitely run the 9mm faster but the groups open up when doing so.

So far, I’m having a blast with the shot timer. It tells no lies. That big old sheet of cardboard tells me where I’m hitting and the timer tells me how fast I got the hits. I need a lot of work but now I can see how (if?) I progress

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope Mike's shoots better mine did. Think mine was a threaded bbl and they press fit it into the rcvr. Couldn't hit a bull in the ass at 40 paces.

It’s been several years since I shot that one but I don’t remember any issues with accuracy. It’s no sniper rifle but it should be fine for ringing steel at 200 yards.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Hey .....I heard that 88'was shooting the wings off of flies at 300 yards.....in the rain ! (maybe add a little purple). ;)
    I hope that you feel better quickly, my amigo !

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hey .....I heard that 88'was shooting the wings off of flies at 300 yards.....in the rain ! (maybe add a little purple). ;)
    I hope that you feel better quickly, my amigo !
    Not trying to rain on your parade my friend. Just acknowledging that mine was a large lemon with no lemonade in sight. Yes, I hope this crap clears up quickly too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been looking forward to the 1500 coming up this weekend but I think I’ll skip it this time around. Way too many people crowded into a small space for me at the moment. I still have not had my regular flu shot and don’t want that crud making January suck.

I’ve been wanting to hit the gun shows to find parts to de-sporterize and old Arisaka that I picked up a while back. I do kind of like the idea of a sporterized Arisaka though at some level. The idea of taking the weapons of your former enemy and using them for hunting is nice. But, it would be better restored to its former glory.

I’d love to pick up an old MiG 17 that the Albanians were selling for something like $8000 and assembling it in my back yard. To take the feared weapon of an enemy and turn it into a lawn ornament is the best way to demonstrate winning the Cold War.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Not trying to rain on your parade my friend. Just acknowledging that mine was a large lemon with no lemonade in sight. Yes, I hope this crap clears up quickly too.
    So your brother is bringing (probably whichever one he can) a test ASAP......that's good.
    I would think that it's best to know, so you can setup your treatment plan.
    It sounds like the Deacon has a good regimen to overcome the bug !

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    So your brother is bringing (probably whichever one he can) a test ASAP......that's good.
    I would think that it's best to know, so you can setup your treatment plan.
    It sounds like the Deacon has a good regimen to overcome the bug !
    Yes, he does. Wishing I had a dry sauna. Maybe just crank up the wood stove. :runaway:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’ve been looking forward to the 1500 coming up this weekend but I think I’ll skip it this time around. Way too many people crowded into a small space for me at the moment. I still have not had my regular flu shot and don’t want that crud making January suck.

I’ve been wanting to hit the gun shows to find parts to de-sporterize and old Arisaka that I picked up a while back. I do kind of like the idea of a sporterized Arisaka though at some level. The idea of taking the weapons of your former enemy and using them for hunting is nice. But, it would be better restored to its former glory.

I’d love to pick up an old MiG 17 that the Albanians were selling for something like $8000 and assembling it in my back yard. To take the feared weapon of an enemy and turn it into a lawn ornament is the best way to demonstrate winning the Cold War.
    Dang..... that's a cool plan, 88' ....If I could get my hands on an old F105 (like I spent so much time around in Turkey), that would be fabulous. I only pick that fighter, because my yard isn't big enough for a B52 !

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m getting slightly aroused by all the Mil-Surp talk. MM, that SKS is gorgeous….

88, idk why, but the Arisaka is one that I’ve always really wanted… I unfortunately had to get rid of all the milsurps I had…. Someday I will build that collection back up. I hope you restore that rifle to its former glory. I’d love to see it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’m getting slightly aroused by all the Mil-Surp talk. MM, that SKS is gorgeous….

88, idk why, but the Arisaka is one that I’ve always really wanted… I unfortunately had to get rid of all the milsurps I had…. Someday I will build that collection back up. I hope you restore that rifle to its former glory. I’d love to see it.

Hey, thanks ! In the past, various CZickos (including me) have talked about having a winter Milsurp rally, of sorts. We would dive onto a snowbank on the firing line, and pound some steel ! ...... then giggle like wild hyenas, and do it all over again !
    I have a loaner Mosin....are you 'IN', RH ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom