Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Boy I’d love to give this one a little love and hang it up in the wall to stare at and admire. Those brass hearts.:faint:

Would be cool to have and look at.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    You just saved me $300
    So I keep hearing.

Didn't like the 4x32 Bushnell. The glass was grand, just hate that fat duplex reticle. Had an old Tasco 3-9 on an air rifle, so I swapped them right quick before stowing. Tucked with it's only .22wmr rifle brother.
    910959e93d2ed20db68a8c2f774e8c41.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Good Morning *EARLY.!* Everyone.!

Mind is racing, many things are keeping me up.

No -- it's not the 'Rona - that's a distant memory now.

Hec, I even got my taste back to prolly 85%

Life in general is dealing me blows...I'll be fine.
    Prayers for your trials, Deacon.
    Good morning everyone.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

Wife saw the doctor yesterday and was told all her vitals looked good. She's on the mend and mainly dealing with some aches still along with coughing up this crap (productive coughing thankfully). She can return to work on Tuesday, assuming she continues to improve.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Decided to keep my vacation as planned. Beginning my plans and prep work for shootapalooza. I think I'll give my version its own name of testntunapalooza, since it will be more about testing and tuning. Yes, I left a tuna joke in there for you folks....

Here's the plans:

Centerfire:
    Howa 308
    - More load development at 100 yards, any further testing will be at 300 yards after this.
    Howa 223 - Same as above.

Rimfire:
    Tippmann 22
    - Test Lapua Center-X and RWS Rifle Match at 50 yards, then practice at 100/200/300 yards with CCI SV (more practice with wind calls).
    MP15-22 - Thinking about temporarily installing a scope for match ammo testing at 50 yards. I tested a few years back with "regular" ammo, but never match stuff. Just curious of what the results could be. Hoping for Vudoo or Anschutz type results or I'm selling the damn thing off.
    CZ 457 - Probably another round of testing at 50 yards with RWS Rifle Match and Eley Club, then begin testing/tuning with the Harrell Rimfire Tuner (the big a$$ tuner). Eventually I need to settle on ammo and get back to practicing at 100-300 yards.

I had all of my rifles' dope figured out, then installed all new scopes/rings/mounts and never really got around to verifying dope and updating all of my records and Strelok Pro. Reloading has really sidetracked everything I was doing before. I need to get ammo/loads dialed in and really settle into learning how to actually shoot better at distance. I really want to get my rifles wind adjustments figured out and get back on track for shooting long distance and hit what I'm aiming at instead of just shooting for groups ALL the time. ADHD is a real b**ch when it comes to this stuff. So many squirrels...and rabbit holes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good Morning *EARLY.!* Everyone.!

Mind is racing, many things are keeping me up.

No -- it's not the 'Rona - that's a distant memory now.

Hec, I even got my taste back to prolly 85%

Life in general is dealing me blows...I'll be fine.
    It would seem that 2022 is not letting up on us after 2021. Sounds silly but the evidence is there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Spent most of the day in the Surgery clinic.
    There was a mass of liquid found under my ostomy scar in the pet scan and again in the CT scan I had recently. They hopped my body would deal with and dissipate it but alas not so. I sprung a leak at the bottom of my surgery scar and the body dealt with it that way. Draining all over me in my sleep. So off to see the surgeons.
    Not sure what's next but peoples I have to tell you this :poop: is beyond getting old.
    Football playoffs so that will be my afternoon and evening.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Decided to keep my vacation as planned. Beginning my plans and prep work for shootapalooza. I think I'll give my version its own name of testntunapalooza, since it will be more about testing and tuning. Yes, I left a tuna joke in there for you folks....

Here's the plans:

Centerfire:
    Howa 308
    - More load development at 100 yards, any further testing will be at 300 yards after this.

Rimfire:
    Tippmann 22
    - Test Lapua Center-X and RWS Rifle Match at 50 yards, then practice at 100/200/300 yards with CCI SV (more practice with wind calls).
    MP15-22 - Thinking about temporarily installing a scope for match ammo testing at 50 yards. I tested a few years back with "regular" ammo, but never match stuff. Just curious of what the results could be. Hoping for Vudoo or Anschutz type results or I'm selling the damn thing off.
    CZ 457 - Probably another round of testing at 50 yards with RWS Rifle Match and Eley Club, then begin testing/tuning with the Harrell Rimfire Tuner (the big a$$ tuner). Eventually I need to settle on ammo and get back to practicing at 100-300 yards.

I had all of my rifles' dope figured out, then installed all new scopes/rings/mounts and never really got around to verifying dope and updating all of my records and Strelok Pro. Reloading has really sidetracked everything I was doing before. I need to get ammo/loads dialed in and really settle into learning how to actually shoot better at distance. I really want to get my rifles wind adjustments figured out and get back on track for shooting long distance and hit what I'm aiming at instead of just shooting for groups ALL the time. ADHD is a real b**ch when it comes to this stuff. So many squirrels...and rabbit holes.
    I have 4 rimfires now needed zeroed and ammo matched. I feel your pain. I promise you, your charts will be more detailed.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    About to leave work and get cleaned up. Got my purple unicorn panties ironed last night for a pantless highway run today. Sounds like Dr.spiceywiener is going to have to extend his vacation to get all the data. Cant wait to see the results though, im intrigued by that monster of a barrel tuner.

It would seem that 2022 is not letting up on us after 2021. Sounds silly but the evidence is there.
    Its 20 20 TWO, i dont have high hopes for this year unfortunately.
    Spent most of the day in the Surgery clinic.
    There was a mass of liquid found under my ostomy scar in the pet scan and again in the CT scan I had recently. They hopped my body would deal with and dissipate it but alas not so. I sprung a leak at the bottom of my surgery scar and the body dealt with it that way. Draining all over me in my sleep. So off to see the surgeons.
    Not sure what's next but peoples I have to tell you this :poop: is beyond getting old.
    Football playoffs so that will be my afternoon and evening.
    Hopefully itll be a simple fix without to many issues. Also hopefully the Eagles have it together because F Tom Brady.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Here's the plans:

Centerfire:
    Howa 308

Rimfire:
    Tippmann 22

Sorry, but can’t let low hanging fruit just rot on the tree….

1642263340817.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom