patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning all.

The rain finally changed over to freezing rain and sleet here. Maybe a 1/4" build up of mostly sleet with enough ice to have it all bonded together. I would not want to be on the roads today. We remain on the ice/sleet/snow boundary.

I woke up from the noise of something crashing to the ground. Hope everyone still has power and stays safe.
    'Bout the same here. Little bit of white stuff over a sheet of ice. Staying home with Barb today to make sure the fire stays lit and the power stays on.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’d say about 7-8” total here in NE Canada. Got dug out and made it to work just fine, roads were fine. I’m only the second one to make it to work apparently and the only other is an actual Canadian. I imagine he’s just sitting in his office laughing. I’d have stayed home, but because I was off last week sick, I can’t afford to…

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I called the wife, she said the ice is glistening off the tree branches.

Looks like the storm path is freight-training on top of Versailles for several hours yet...not good at all.

I already got the generator and extension cords at the ready for her to pull it to life if need be...

And to think that she never had a generator before I came on the scene and a fully electric home.

I installed a Regency Gas Heater a year ago Oct. and it heats the whole house, plus it's very affordable.

I was going to get the house electric box wired so that the switch can be thrown and the generator can power the house.

(*thaaaaaaaaaaaat didn't get done yet, drat it*)

So, the genny is on the 3-season porch gassed and at the ready - and the cords are ready to be plugged in.

Now, if she can pull the cord hard enough to get her running.

I'll keep ya posted.

(*she has a son that is 10 minutes away from us & he has a very nice Polaris Razor - so I guess he'll be the first call if
    something goes down in the next few hours.*)

Quite the mess....and to think I drove thru this crap yesterday.!!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents :bigglassofOJ:

Had a little icing here but not enough to worry about. I think.
    The genny is at the ready if issues arise.

Plenty of snow though. Snowmobiles and atvs have been tearing it up around here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would guess we are sitting at about 10" right now?

My son is working a double shift at the fire station. I asked him how things were going; he said non-stop runs and "So far, it turns out that the whole county being home is not a good thing".

I found that funny....he wasn't being funny...
    Meanwhile the roads are completely fine….

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Not sure how much we have now with the extra snow overnight and with whats coming down now but measured 12" last time I shoveled off the front entrance and deck lastnight. The wind is making some pretty deep drifts though.
    Plow guy will be by in the morning to clear the drive, not going anywhere til that happens.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Warmed the tractor and the pickup. Plowed the county road in front of the drive for about a quarter mile from the corner south to the neighbors and back just to clear the blade. Not enough in the drive yet to fool with. Just whacked a starling. Sidewalk cleared and salted. Barb made vegetable soup. Snowing hard now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom