• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Yes it was in Huntington. Lost a good man that day.
    I heard that he arrived, elderly woman came out, her phone rang. Sounded like it was an upper level explosion. When the concentration is higher than the upper explosive limit, 14%; and as it lowers, more gas to find the sweet spot, 10%, as the explosion occurs. 4% boomers are not as impressive. We have a well built model house that they glue a paper roof to. It has natural gas piped into with a spark ignitor and appliance valve. Had this in my training, lights out and higher than 14%, loud boom and an absolute FIREBALL!!! when it comes down into the flammable range!!!!

NATURAL GAS is "FLAMMABLE" from 4% to 14% with the best burning at 10%. So, higher or lower nothing, BUT in that range......no cell phones, changes of electrical state, static electricity......everything must be intrinsically safe for me to enter. So, a higher dollar flash light and an intrinsic gas detector and away we go. We don't do doorbells......in fact, I don't think I've pressed one in the last 10 years or so.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Well...icy roads happened around Champagne. Got as far as Farmer City/I-74. Stopped dead for now 20 minutes for whatever reason. I was making it fine @ 40-50mph. But standstill now for heaven knows how long. I would assume an accident, not sure. Nobody westbound is moving and I am near the front. Crapola

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Found a bit of ammo at RoRo king today along with the birdseed. Couple boxes of .45 acp H/P, One box of the same in .40 S&W and a hunnert rds of 9mm ball.
    Trip to the cardiologist this morning was uneventful. EKG was normal. Stress test on 2/15 just to be sure.
    Saving up for about $7000 of exterior repair on the cabin this spring. Prolly no garage again this year. :spend: :runaway:

Maybe we need to have an old fashioned barn raising down at Patience place to build a garage.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Howdy folks. Thanks for all the .22 suggestions. I am going to look into all of them! I have to run the idea by the boss. The G44 might be her gun, I don’t remember, I think it is, everything is hers, I own nothing anymore…
    Your new reality is "ours", amigo. It is all "ours" and we manage it for the benefit of tiny "thems" if we are to be considered wise in our old age.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom