Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    @MindfulMan did you see this in the classifieds? Not any cheaper than the last one but you said they are special (and promised a story sometime about it).

I started "watching" that thread about 3 minutes after it was posted. IMO, those should sell for about $350 max. Just too dang salty, as is !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I like these. My cousin has the original one with a thumb stud, I made a comment while playing with it that it would be a perfect flipper! Then they changed it. It’s been on my short list to pick up.

It's a Gentlemen's knife .... are you ready for that ?
    It would certainly require a large stash of Werther's, to complete the look ! ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You have to use them on a flat stationary surface parallel to the ground. They worked fine for me. Just like amazon said.

Speaking of. I got a late night delivery [mention]MindfulMan [/mention]

07e97d6fd3128d3dc2ed1b5c5a215f5f.jpg
    :rockwoot:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Evening folks! :coffee:

Well, Shootapalooza 22 has drawn to a close. This was not the best of them and the round count was down. In 4 days, I only managed 3 range trips with less that 500 rounds fired. About 200 of that was through ARs with a .22lr adapter kit. I have 2 normal ranges I shoot at and one of those was closed this week and the other does not allow center fire rifle calibers, so the .22lr kit was what it took to do any long arm shooting at all.

The birthday is near over and I am back at work tomorrow. Guns are cleaned and back in the safe again. Today’s shoot was the SP01 in .40, a P226 in .40, a pre-B 9mm and a P226 in 9mm. The SP01 needs to enter the carry line-up. That’s a really good platform to use to toss 180g slugs at steel. The pre-B is interesting in that it’s all stock but it held it’s own when shot along side other tuned guns.
    41eada0065be0e985553038f7fc36c5a.jpg

It still takes a lot of verve to pull this off in the winter, 88'.
    Well-done, and Happy Birthday .... and many more ! :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In the past two days, it seems like I've spent an inordinate amount of time prepping for the predicted snowmegedden ! (which probably won't happen now !) :dunno:

However, I decided to enjoy the unusual warmth, and pulled-out my bird lens for
    an hour this afternoon. Finally, a male cardinal rewarded my patience. He tried to hide, but the big lens found him !

IMG_5436%20copy%20copy-L.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Long story short: about 15 years ago, I was running on the treadmill in the basement and my house shook enough for me to notice. Gas explosion less than 1/2 a mile away. Took out two houses, damaged a third, Killed at least two; injured several. Cable company drilled into the gas line...

I've seen the after effects of a few others in my line of work. Saw one house moved about a foot off its foundation.

Again, the incident rate is super low but a gas explosion is like being pregnant. Its never just "a little".

Well, there was that one time with the BBQ grill but that was a bet....
    I remember hearing about this one, in Huntington, right??
    Propane is even worse!!!! Natural blows up and out. Propane puts new craters downward, then blows up and out!!! I had to go to a propane explosion probably 10 years ago, around the Beaver Dam Lake area in Kosciusko County. The Indiana State Fire Marshall's office requested that our gas company send a technician, because the propane company couldn't be reached until 8am the next day??? We have people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 and every 4 years, 366 days a year!!!
    The house was a log cabin set up on a crawlspace wall, but not dug into the ground. The crater under it was 8 to 10 foot deep, and the debris was over 300 feet away from the blast!! It was only a 500 gallon propane tank, but WOW!!!
    Agree with the propane BBQ grills, they're deadly with the lid closed, with extra unburned gas inside.....find a source of ignition.....and BLAM!!!! you got singed hair, burnt flesh, and a serious ringing in the ears.....and of course, this is if you survive.......SO

NEVER, EVER try to light a PROPANE (or Natural Gas) grill with the lid closed!!!!
    and.....

Keep the damn thing at least 3 feet or on the outer edge of the deck AWAY from the house. Seen a lot of messed up siding from grills over the years.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Trip to the cardiologist this morning...

Good news. Keep that ticker in time.

What they asking fur the fowteez? Stopped into Acme today and they were real salty there for AmericanEagle 180gr.

But I did take all the boxes of 170gr Super-X 30-30 @ $1.50per rd, so I'm not mad. I thought they deleted all this caliber from existence.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I remember hearing about this one, in Huntington, right??
    Propane is even worse!!!! Natural blows up and out. Propane puts new craters downward, then blows up and out!!! I had to go to a propane explosion probably 10 years ago, around the Beaver Dam Lake area in Kosciusko County. The Indiana State Fire Marshall's office requested that our gas company send a technician, because the propane company couldn't be reached until 8am the next day??? We have people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 and every 4 years, 366 days a year!!!
    The house was a log cabin set up on a crawlspace wall, but not dug into the ground. The crater under it was 8 to 10 foot deep, and the debris was over 300 feet away from the blast!! It was only a 500 gallon propane tank, but WOW!!!
    Agree with the propane BBQ grills, they're deadly with the lid closed, with extra unburned gas inside.....find a source of ignition.....and BLAM!!!! you got singed hair, burnt flesh, and a serious ringing in the ears.....and of course, this is if you survive.......SO

NEVER, EVER try to light a PROPANE (or Natural Gas) grill with the lid closed!!!!
    and.....

Keep the damn thing at least 3 feet or on the outer edge of the deck AWAY from the house. Seen a lot of messed up siding from grills over the years.
    Yes it was in Huntington. Lost a good man that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom