Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doing some guess work making this spring for the Cooper. The cylinder stop spring and screw were missing and I had no idea what they look like. No diagrams available so I'm going by what will fill the missing space and hope it works. Need to pick up a 6-32 screw and grind the head down to fit, there been a lot of file/fit work with this one.

The trigger return spring View attachment 154573on the left is just a V spring, but cylinder stop spring on the right doesn't have much room to move up and down so I made it from thicker steel. It has to put tension on the cylinder stop, but not too much or the cylinder stop release will ride over the bottom of it and I'll have to take the revolver apart every time I want to remove the cylinder to clean it.

A lot of this is just taking a gun partially apart and working the mechanism with your fingers.
    OK now this is gun smith work.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I swapped several things on this rifle and wondered how accurate it is so I put it in a Victor Titan stock and scoped it with a Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50 that wasn't being used.

Swap the stock and optic back and it would be a steel challenge rifle again.

IMG_20200114_171856 (Custom).jpg

PXL_20210823_011751145-001 (Custom).jpg
    Evan sneaked a CZ in there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I swapped several things on this rifle and wondered how accurate it is so I put it in a Victor Titan stock and scoped it with a Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50 that wasn't being used.

Swap the stock and optic back and it would be a steel challenge rifle again.

View attachment 154617

Evan sneaked a CZ in there.

If that foregrip was purple....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    40 Days, 44 Minutes .... until the 2021 FGE ! :alright:

(Bandit: If you're still online tonight, you have mail ! )

Nope. I tapped out early. Paid for it by waking up at 4. Good news is the laundry is going, I watered the Mrs’ flowers, cleaned up after the grandkids and am making some coffee before going to the office.

Bad news is the drive to and from Warsaw (45 mins) is going to be rough later this afternoon.

Morning all!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yesterday afternoon, I did a quick trip down to HHRP to zero an Eotech that I’ve paired with the 3x magnifier. I also took the opportunity to put 50 rounds through the .40 P229 Legion just to keep my skills up.

The magnifier does definitely make a 50 yard zero a lot easier but I’m still not sold on the concept. I’m glad that I picked the one up that I did but am not sure where it will ultimately end up. It may just be that bit of kit that I keep around for zeroing halo sights.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yesterday afternoon, I did a quick trip down to HHRP to zero an Eotech that I’ve paired with the 3x magnifier. I also took the opportunity to put 50 rounds through the .40 P229 Legion just to keep my skills up.

The magnifier does definitely make a 50 yard zero a lot easier but I’m still not sold on the concept. I’m glad that I picked the one up that I did but am not sure where it will ultimately end up. It may just be that bit of kit that I keep around for zeroing halo sights.

Personally, I like the 1-6x option the best. A scope helps with my crappy vision.

But the eye relieve and FOV in a 1x sure is nice.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Morning all!
    I was able to pressure wash the back of the house yesterday, and gave our son a haircut. Both turned out good.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Personally, I like the 1-6x option the best. A scope helps with my crappy vision.

But the eye relieve and FOV in a 1x sure is nice.

Right now, my favorite AR is the one with the Sig piston upper and a PA 1-6x ACSS optic. That does seem to be the perfect all around rifle that should allow shooting out to 500 yards. The AR pistol just seems nicer with an Eotech though. That has become my favorite PDW for home defense.

I have an Eotech on my DD M4V1 and am thinking about maybe switching that to an LPVO 1-6 or maybe 1-8. On the other hand, that’s one rifle that I have set up and don’t want to use to chase my monthly obsession with something else.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning all!
    I was able to pressure wash the back of the house yesterday, and gave our son a haircut. Both turned out good.

I was about to break the pressure washer out yesterday and even had dressed for it but at the last moment, decided to break out the range bags instead. You are better at that adulting thing that I am.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom