• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Had the unpleasant job of getting a black snake out of the gardener's bird netting, the ungrateful snake bit me 4 times before I got a good hold on it and cut it loose. The gardener had tried but gets so nervous around snakes that she had cut off the tip of the snake's tail with the scissors while trying to do the job herself. No wonder it wasn't happy.

Old age is creeping up on me, I used to be faster.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had the unpleasant job of getting a black snake out of the gardener's bird netting, the ungrateful snake bit me 4 times before I got a good hold on it and cut it loose...
    I cut two black rat snakes out of bird netting one year. I wore leather gloves and ignored the bites and chewing. It had cut both of them deeply and I was able to identify them by their scars for the rest of their lives.

That was the year I gave up on bird netting and blueberries. I'd rather have the snakes unhurt than the berries.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Resized_20210817_182352.jpegI cut two black rat snakes out of bird netting one year. I wore leather gloves and ignored the bites and chewing. It had cut both of them deeply and I was able to identify them by their scars for the rest of their lives.

That was the year I gave up on bird netting and blueberries. I'd rather have the snakes unhurt than the berries.
    Like this 6+ footer? He came our from under the porch yesterday.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Had the unpleasant job of getting a black snake out of the gardener's bird netting, the ungrateful snake bit me 4 times before I got a good hold on it and cut it loose. The gardener had tried but gets so nervous around snakes that she had cut off the tip of the snake's tail with the scissors while trying to do the job herself. No wonder it wasn't happy.

Old age is creeping up on me, I used to be faster.
    Maybe the gardener is sending a message to all of the other snakes to stay away.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I cut two black rat snakes out of bird netting one year. I wore leather gloves and ignored the bites and chewing. It had cut both of them deeply and I was able to identify them by their scars for the rest of their lives.

Spot on about the netting, it's just not worth the hassle.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, that info made me look up rangefinders, which I don't really need but am thinking I might want one. Looked at the lower end Impact and found it only had so-so reviews. Then I found a review that said that a Halo XL450 was cheaper and worked better. Hmmm.... :scratch:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom