Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I should be getting my rear bag soon in the mail and have been thinking of using perlite, put in a plastic bag first of course then into rear bag. Light and no yuck factor..
    I filled a smaller (than the Bulls Bag) shooting bag with similar lightweight material. If I remember, it was those Styrofoam beads used in beanbag chairs. Maybe it'll work for you, but I found the material to be too light to give me good, firm support.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I thought I'd try something other than soymilk today for my smoothie and looked up a bunch of recipes online. I substituted pineapple juice, as I had some and a lot of recipes called for it. I won't be doing that again... :puke:
    You put the lime-in-the-coconut .... not the pineapple, silly man ! Everyone knows that ! :):

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I have to find something to fill the Bulls Bag. Sand is too heavy (for me), at an estimated 40 lbs. to fill this biggest bag.
    Kitty litter (yuck), or the recommended walnut shell husk (wonder where to find that ?) would be much better for me, coming in at 25 lb.

The walnut shell used for a tumbling medium by reloaders is what you're looking for. Available at every online gun supply store.

The ground corncob media is even lighter and I have used it in a bag. It works ok but is lighter than I prefer.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I filled a smaller (than the Bulls Bag) shooting bag with similar lightweight material. If I remember, it was those Styrofoam beads used in beanbag chairs. Maybe it'll work for you, but I found the material to be too light to give me good, firm support.
    Gotcha :yesway:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If I'm remembering correctly, the Spicy Weiner himself tried some of this ADI ammo (of some flavor / caliber), and thought that it shot pretty good.
    In trying to eliminate some things that will (hopefully) better my 'group size' with the new Bergara rifle ..... I picked these up.
    The .308 ammo from Australia is loaded with 168gr. Sierra MatchKiing bullets.
    I know that the biggest thing that needs work is me, but still, better support and ammo couldn't hurt !

I have to find something to fill the Bulls Bag. Sand is too heavy (for me), at an estimated 40 lbs. to fill this biggest bag.
    Kitty litter (yuck), or the recommended walnut shell husk (wonder where to find that ?) would be much better for me, coming in at 25 lbs.

i-nGfgjPW-XL.jpg
    I haven't tried the ADI 308 ammo, but the .223 stuff does okay for me.

On the bag fill media, I wonder if a place like Rural King or Tractor Supply would have something? Or maybe a Hobby Lobby type outfit? Completely guessing.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    RK and TS probably have a ground corncob animal bedding, as would walmart, and a couple of types of sand and blasting media. I used a black slag blasting media once from Menards I think.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    View attachment 153535
    On vacation for a few days. Wife wanted to stay at a hotel and have a nice dinner tonight. Just having a little afternoon refresher.
    German pilsner and a shot of peach whiskey to compliment the lamb burger, and set the tone for the day walk. Momma had a couple margaritas. Cheers!
    9c4b102ca3dff7b9765ff76df79b178e.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    If I'm remembering correctly, the Spicy Weiner himself tried some of this ADI ammo (of some flavor / caliber), and thought that it shot pretty good.
    In trying to eliminate some things that will (hopefully) better my 'group size' with the new Bergara rifle ..... I picked these up.
    The .308 ammo from Australia is loaded with 168gr. Sierra MatchKiing bullets.
    I know that the biggest thing that needs work is me, but still, better support and ammo couldn't hurt !

I have to find something to fill the Bulls Bag. Sand is too heavy (for me), at an estimated 40 lbs. to fill this biggest bag.
    Kitty litter (yuck), or the recommended walnut shell husk (wonder where to find that ?) would be much better for me, coming in at 25 lbs.

i-nGfgjPW-XL.jpg
    Tractor supply or a large pet store may have some walnut as is used for animal bedding. Harbour Freight should have walnut blasting media.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I haven't tried the ADI 308 ammo, but the .223 stuff does okay for me.

On the bag fill media, I wonder if a place like Rural King or Tractor Supply would have something? Or maybe a Hobby Lobby type outfit? Completely guessing.
    Yeah, Rural King could be worth a try. I like going to the one in Greenwood .... as I get to visit with all of the dogs that people bring in.

Bulls Bag says (when they mention "media"), "Cat Litter, or walnut/corncob"
    It's almost like they want you to mix the walnut shells with the corncob. I dunno :dunno:
    I'm probably over-thinking it.

It appears that 30 lbs. is ideal, and to obtain that, I'd have to mix (mostly) media, with about 20% sand, if my calculations are correct.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    WELP : 5.5 hours later and I am Covid FREE.!! Still no 'Rona after 3 tests..

However : I do have a healthy (not*) of Pneumonia.

AntiBi Butt shot today along with a 7 day supply of AntiBi's

Roll back tomorrow for yet ANOTHER Butt shot

Come - freekin - on - man.!!

Dang, Deacon .... I hope that they get you squared-away !

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    WELP : 5.5 hours later and I am Covid FREE.!! Still no 'Rona after 3 tests..

However : I do have a healthy (not*) of Pneumonia.

AntiBi Butt shot today along with a 7 day supply of AntiBi's

Roll back tomorrow for yet ANOTHER Butt shot

Come - freekin - on - man.!!
    I guess it is good to know what is wrong. Get to feeling better soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom