• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Thanks. The part that floors me is it's only 8 plants. My patch is a measley 20' x 20'
    Our tomatoes are ok, but not that plump or deep red, thinking I need to check PH in the garden box. Probably a little low. We're finally putting grass clippings in the box, and this fall I'll put the leaf and grass clipping mix in. I don't use any fertilizer or weed killer on the yard, so it should help.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Our tomatoes are ok, but not that plump or deep red, thinking I need to check PH in the garden box. Probably a little low. We're finally putting grass clippings in the box, and this fall I'll put the leaf and grass clipping mix in. I don't use any fertilizer or weed killer on the yard, so it should help.
    Clippings and leaves are great for adding organic matter and keeping weeds mulched down but they will leach nitrogen out as they decompose so a little 12-0-0 will help keep some balance.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see ammo drop to sub-$15 a box if the shortage turns to glut for a while. It would require the supply chain to stabilize first though and that may take years to happen again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My oldest asked if I could give him a hand taking his dining room table out of our storage unit and down to B-town after work yesterday. Fortunately, no heavy lifting but I didn’t get back to the house until 11pm which is late for me on a work night. I’m dragging a bit this morning but an extra cup of coffee will fix that.

I’ve been contemplating letting my ‘69 Spider go. I love that car, but realistically, only get it out a couple of times each summer. Having that car is the cause of a lot of clutter in the garage, yard barn, storage unit and attic. Over the years, I’ve accumulated 3 spare hoods, 2 trunk lids, 2 doors, dashboards, tops, complete engines, 3 transmissions, 2 diffs, 2 top assemblies and boxes and boxes of smaller parts.

I’ve been working on simplification in all things and this might be a big step for me. Along with that, I’ll let go of a pair of unneeded BMWs (the totaled ‘07 and the wife’s old ‘98 328is). That would let me focus on what’s left instead of trying to spread time over too many projects while getting nothing done on any of them.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Clippings and leaves are great for adding organic matter and keeping weeds mulched down but they will leach nitrogen out as they decompose so a little 12-0-0 will help keep some balance.
    I did not know that.....see another benefit to this forum.....THANKS!!!!

GUNS and GARDENING........CZ!!! :shoot::tumbleweed:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not much sitting on the refrigerator shelves, so I did a grilled cheese sandwich sprinkled liberally with real bacon bits. Not fantastic, but it'll hold me until I run to the store and pick up more food.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom