• Status
    Not open for further replies.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    7. For my next class I have to decide again which one to use. The Shield 9 has always been my default semi-auto for CC, but my revolver (Smith hammerless snubbie) is mostly what I carry, but I have gathered for training purposes the revolver is "out" over a semi-auto and spoken of disparagingly.

Train with what you carry.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hoosier45 already hurt my feelings over buying a P365...now you?

I have just never gotten excited over the Sig line up. Never. I had several wheel guns and very nice ones. But up until BA graced my life I was a dyed in the wool 1911 guy. Period end of discussion.
    Started shooting them at 12 years old. My hand is at home with one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have just never gotten excited over the Sig line up. Never. I had several wheel guns and very nice ones. But up until BA graced my life I was a dyed in the wool 1911 guy. Period end of discussion.

I am with you. I ended up with a 938/238 sort of by accident but did buy the P365 with CC in mind. We will see where it ends up. Still has to compete with the Shield, 938, Rami and my good 'ol model 60.

As a SW semi-auto hoarder, some of the stainless Sigs (like the one MM just bought) are pretty sweet looking. I believe BA said he was a 3rd Gen SW fan before his CZ transformation? Nice guns but you'll never get a trigger like a CZ...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am with you. I ended up with a 938/238 sort of by accident but did buy the P365 with CC in mind. We will see where it ends up. Still has to compete with the Shield, 938, Rami and my good 'ol model 60.

As a SW semi-auto hoarder, some of the stainless Sigs (like the one MM just bought) are pretty sweet looking. I believe BA said he was a 3rd Gen SW fan before his CZ transformation? Nice guns but you'll never get a trigger like a CZ...

The only 9mm I own and ever will own are both CZ's. BA's green machine Compact and the Shadow I got (spouse bought me) from Dean Crail.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's what matters too. I love shooting a quality 1911 but I don't carry them for 2 reasons. With my shooting grip I activate the safety and I dont like a grip safety. I make fun of the fewer rounds thing but I could get past that. I carry a shield sometimes so obviously I know a quick reload will fix that issue if we had need of more rounds in the pump or the computer.
    Glocks arent my most comfortable pistol but other factors make me love them and honestly I am very comfortable with them in my hand. The gen5 isnmy sweet spot though for glock. I say it isnt comfortable but I was just doing my daily dry fire with it and it's like wearing an old broke jn leather glove. I do love my gen5 19

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what matters too. I love shooting a quality 1911 but I don't carry them for 2 reasons. With my shooting grip I activate the safety and I dont like a grip safety. I make fun of the fewer rounds thing but I could get past that. I carry a shield sometimes so obviously I know a quick reload will fix that issue if we had need of more rounds in the pump or the computer.
    Glocks arent my most comfortable pistol but other factors make me love them and honestly I am very comfortable with them in my hand. The gen5 isnmy sweet spot though for glock. I say it isnt comfortable but I was just doing my daily dry fire with it and it's like wearing an old broke jn leather glove. I do love my gen5 19

I have seen you run many different platforms. I do not see round count being an issue unless you were in the ****. What we will encounter around here 8 to 10 rounds would end it with a quickness.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have seen you run many different platforms. I do not see round count being an issue unless you were in the ****. What we will encounter around here 8 to 10 rounds would end it with a quickness.

I like to poke fun at the 1911 guys too. Probably because they get so defensive so quickly. I carried a 1911 for a couple years and owned probably 10 different ones over the years. Last weekend I went shooting with my father in law who owns a Colt 1911 his grandfather brought back from WW1. Made in 1917. Always a treat to shoot that since he only brings it out once a year.

Going shooting tomorrow and can't decide what I want to bring. Definitely need to get some rounds through my carry gun (gen 5 19). I'm thinking Phantom and maybe p07. Maybe my AR pistol and doing some clay shooting.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The only 9mm I own and ever will own are both CZ's. BA's green machine Compact and the Shadow I got (spouse bought me) from Dean Crail.

1. It is statements like that is the reason I own a CZ 75 B Ω Convertible (Omega) – 9mm SKU 91136, bought off a member here. :thumbsup:
    2. And, I have gotten together to fire a Shadow 2 that a member here owns and fired a 75 SP-01 that another member here owns (that shot better than my 75 B Omega).
    3. I have been researching CZ for days now after buying one since I did not know much about them except they came highly recommended.
    4. I saw a used CZ 85 at range where I shoot, and wondered if it was a desirable gun or not, but my researched didn't indicate it was any heavier than my 36 oz., whereas the SP-01 was 40 oz. The different variations of the same number designation is confusing to the untutored like myself :coffee: and I might not be comparing what I'm seeing to what I'm reading.

d9JOetQ.jpg

gyOaiel.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. It is statements like that is the reason I own a CZ 75 B Ω Convertible (Omega) – 9mm SKU 91136, bought off a member here. :thumbsup:
    2. And, I have gotten together to fire a Shadow 2 that a member here owns and fired a 75 SP-01 that another member here owns (that shot better than my 75 B Omega).
    3. I have been researching CZ for days now after buying one since I did not know much about them except they came highly recommended.
    4. I saw a used CZ 85 at range where I shoot, and wondered if it was a desirable gun or not, but my researched didn't indicate it was any heavier than my 36 oz., whereas the SP-01 was 40 oz. The different variations of the same number designation is confusing to the untutored like myself :coffee: and I might not be comparing what I'm seeing to what I'm reading.

I've seen you post a few times about the weights of various models. I would be interested to learn, if you wouldn't mind sharing, why you think this is significant for you.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I stay with full size guns for the most part, but I do have a 42 and a Smith 642 for those occasions when I'm in shorts and must have a gun on me

RAMI ... a pleasure to hold in hand ! Which is all the reason I need to love it, and love carrying it. :rockwoot:

The RAMI shoots like a much bigger gun. When deciding what to carry I rank shootability first. I can figure everything else out later. If you're not taking what you need to win I'm not sure what the point of carrying is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom