Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :bs: Sorry CM, but I've got to throw the BS flag on that statement. They didn't have 1911s back in 1850.

I do need to adjust my carry/shoot routine somewhat. My plan for this year has been to focus on a narrow couple of pistols for carry (P10, G23, G30) and to have two of each, one for the range and one for the holster. I've achieved that but am thinking that I need to rotate the range/carry guns so both get exercised instead of one getting a high round count while the other does not get shot.

Excellent advice. Two is one and one is none. Having two of a preferred carry gun, and keeping the round count about the same, means you will never be without.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... Many people like the SP01/Shadows because the rail adds a little weight to the nose. That tends to keep it on target....

I wouldn't automatically assume that you shot the other gun more accurately because it weighed 4 oz more. This would mean that as you shoot and use ammo that your shots would get increasingly off and by the end of the magazine who knows where the bullet is going? It could be, but I doubt it.

If total weight were the only factor, then yes. However, this is not the case.

With the guns being discussed (75B and SP-01) the weight difference is all on the nose of the gun where it not only reduces muzzle flip bringing it back on target quicker, more importantly for accurate bullseye type shooting, the added nose weight slows the movement/swing of the barrel as you wait for a "perfect sight picture" providing a longer "on target" time to get a good shot off.

While this has little to no effect on inherent mechanical accuracy, it can have a large effect on a shooters ability to shoot a tight group.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

With the guns being discussed (75B and SP-01) the weight difference is all on the nose of the gun where it not only reduces muzzle flip bringing it back on target quicker, more importantly for accurate bullseye type shooting, the added nose weight slows the movement/swing of the barrel as you wait for a "perfect sight picture" providing a longer "on target" time to get a good shot off.

While this has little to no effect on inherent mechanical accuracy, it can have a large effect on a shooters ability to shoot a tight group.

Yep.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Did anyone ever tell you that you are a good teacher, gmcttr?
    2. You always make so much sense to me when you explain things. Maybe its b/c I've met you a couple of times, but you always speak with patience instead of condescation which is an online "bonus." :laugh:
    3. Whatever the technical explanation, I know when I gun works better for me and brings me joy :).
    4. Is the SP-01 you got the 40 oz one? My head is spinning trying to keep track the model number (91136, for example), and how the name of the gun can have so many different model numbers with different variations and tweaks. Most don't matter to me except barrel length and weight.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CZ is not quite consistent with their naming standards. Even just saying that you have a P01 does not really narrow it down much now days. Could be a steel framed safety equipped 99041 or it could be an aluminum framed decocker. Very different guns in my mind but both go by the same name.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Morning All!!!

Was a 3 am office night so running a little slow this morning...

Range Day! Jealousy! Oh, and the hardware you three will have on the table. WOW!

Will be doing some hog hunting next week! Supply day today. No CZ's but am taking a 10 mm (re previous post topics).

3am = :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Where are you going hunting?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you want more length and weight..........

E5F91D86-9480-4D88-85BB-2F8343811799_zpsjs90v2qh.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yep - it'll hit about 3 pm...

Florida. Great size for handguns plus if you miss they might not kill you. Not that I would ever miss....I always hit my POA....

Guided hunt or do you have property down there? I can't wait to go again, it was a lot of fun. I hope you have a great trip!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Guided hunt or do you have property down there? I can't wait to go again, it was a lot of fun. I hope you have a great trip!

I have a friend who has a friend with what they refer to as a farm. Looks like a swamp to me.

It's a tough time of year to hunt in Florida with the weather but that is just when this trip worked out. My friend will be hunting with some insane 50 cal air rifle. Yep...a BB gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom