Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    7. By the way for anyone reading and this is the CZ thread: Is the Rami a suitable replacement (CC) for the Shield 9, Sig 365, or Glock 43, or the Glock 26, or is the Rami bigger?

Suitable? Yes.

Comparable to the Shield. No

The Rami, by comparison to the Shield, is fat and heavy. The Rami is just a little longer, wider and heavier than a G26. I don't have the Glocks but have the Shield and P365 if you need pics.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So I went to Menards today and picked up a few O rings to be able to dry fire my 2 CZ's so as to smooth out the trigger. So far about 300 DA pulls with my SP-01 and I'd swear I can feel it smoothing out. Just another 700 to go. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. I hear you churchmouse! :thumbsup:
    2. My best friend in the world (since 17 yrs. old) gets on my all the time for not retiring. (He was forced into it at 62 and wants me to suffer with him. :laugh:)
    3. Now that I'm on Medicare I could do it, but 66 is my FRA with Social Security, and every year after that enhances "the retirement package."
    4. I hope to make it to 70 teaching, but health will dictate that or job insecurities (which now is fine, but could change any year). :fogey:
    5. By my standards, I'm rich, as long as I continue to work, but retirement will curtail my "all-in" approach to discovering what I don't even know yet, and the new "discovery."
    6. Like my latest CZ quest: I didn't even hardly know what they were 2 weeks ago, other than that they were in another price bracket than my usual Ruger, Smith, and occasional Walther.

7. By the way for anyone reading and this is the CZ thread: Is the Rami a suitable replacement (CC) for the Shield 9, Sig 365, or Glock 43, or the Glock 26, or is the Rami bigger?

Let me just say you are looking at this all wrong. I took SS at 62. Add up the years you will draw. Stop looking at the bottom line. If you wait there is that all to real possibility you might not live to see the 1st deposit. Yes it is a bit fatalistic but also a reality as I have seen it more than once. 2 friends waited for the "Big" numbers. 1 made it about 6 months the other just right at a year.
    It is of course your call.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder how a gun would do lubed with a bit of very fine lapping compound before dry firing it a bunch. Maybe a touch on the top and bottom of the disconnector and a smear on the frame sides. It would be an interesting experiment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder how a gun would do lubed with a bit of very fine lapping compound before dry firing it a bunch. Maybe a touch on the top and bottom of the disconnector and a smear on the frame sides. It would be an interesting experiment.

I would say it needs to be 1000 grit or finer.

Flitz. Think about that.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Suitable? Yes.
    Comparable to the Shield. No
    The Rami, by comparison to the Shield, is fat and heavy. The Rami is just a little longer, wider and heavier than a G26. I don't have the Glocks but have the Shield and P365 if you need pics.

1. I looked up the specs, but sometimes the specs don't reveal input from a "user."
    2. I am surprised the Rami is fat and heavy compared to the Glock 26, since to me, the Glock 26 is fat and heavy (why I like it).
    3. I get it though when I see the specs on both.
    4. I have had the Shield 9 since last summer, and have the Glock 26 for awhile. I had the Glock 43 for a minute, but it didn't measure up to the Shield in any area (in my hands).
    5. I didn't know whether the Rami is something that should be pursued for a CC if one had a Shield 9 (that I love) and a Glock 26 (that I love for different reasons).
    6. I fully intended to use my Shield 9 for my basic handgun training but used the Glock 26 instead at the last minute when I found my Safariland holster took the Glock 26, but I bought a softer holster since the hard plastic of a holster like Safariland marks up the surface of a gun.
    7. For my next class I have to decide again which one to use. The Shield 9 has always been my default semi-auto for CC, but my revolver (Smith hammerless snubbie) is mostly what I carry, but I have gathered for training purposes the revolver is "out" over a semi-auto and spoken of disparagingly.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Let me just say you are looking at this all wrong. I took SS at 62. Add up the years you will draw. Stop looking at the bottom line. If you wait there is that all to real possibility you might not live to see the 1st deposit. Yes it is a bit fatalistic but also a reality as I have seen it more than once. 2 friends waited for the "Big" numbers. 1 made it about 6 months the other just right at a year.
    It is of course your call.

1. Totally understand the approach, and as you can imagine I have ran the numbers a couple of dozen times.
    2. I don't mind the "fatalistic" viewpoint at all: I am a realist.
    3. When my friend says, "What if you die?" My response is: lucky me, I have confidence where I am going. :laugh: I don't mind working since I love what I do and I'm at top of the pay scale now.
    4. Since my income will be cut "big time" with just SS and a small pension, I like being "rich" while working: that all comes to a halt with retirement.
    5. And, my wife is the X-factor, should I die before her, every year I work extra will give her just a little more per month in income. I remember the days when $200/mo. difference in salary was the difference in living and poverty and I don't want to repeat that in retirement if I have the health and a good paying job I enjoy.
    6. I am the kind of guy that will have to work when "retired." Since I get about 12 weeks off per year as a teacher, my working will allow us to do some things we couldn't (if I can get this other hip replacement out of the way next summer!), and have the time to do it.
    7. Of course, there is the "death" thing looming, and you could be right. It will take about 12 yrs. to break even on SS but while waiting, but I'll be making a "good living" till I'm 70.
    8. A big axiom when I go to retirement seminars provided at work (been to about 6 of them: I do my research :coffee:): everyone can afford to retire the first year or two, it is 7 -10 yrs. down the road when inflation has doubled (or more) the prices on everything that it hits the fan. (We've been lucky inflation hasn't been what it was in prior decades). Example: my water bill used to be $10/mo.; now it is $100/mo. (in just the last decade it had gone from $50 to $100/mo.)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of the things that has caused me to replace my CZs and 1911s for EDC is the number of sharp corners and edges. A P10C or G23/G27 is much easier on car upholstery with the corners tending to be more broad and rounded. I've torn up some auto leather with race hammers. My RAMI was one of the worst offenders in that it had the adjustable sights that caught and snagged on everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Totally understand the approach, and as you can imagine I have ran the numbers a couple of dozen times.
    2. I don't mind the "fatalistic" viewpoint at all: I am a realist.
    3. When my friend says, "What if you die?" My response is: lucky me, I have confidence where I am going. :laugh: I don't mind working since I love what I do and I'm at top of the pay scale now.
    4. Since my income will be cut "big time" with just SS and a small pension, I like being "rich" while working: that all comes to a halt with retirement.
    5. And, my wife is the X-factor, should I die before her, every year I work extra will give her just a little more per month in income. I remember the days when $200/mo. difference in salary was the difference in living and poverty and I don't want to repeat that in retirement if I have the health and a good paying job I enjoy.
    6. I am the kind of guy that will have to work when "retired." Since I get about 12 weeks off per year as a teacher, my working will allow us to do some things we couldn't (if I can get this other hip replacement out of the way next summer!), and have the time to do it.
    7. Of course, there is the "death" thing looming, and you could be right. It will take about 12 yrs. to break even on SS but while waiting, but I'll be making a "good living" till I'm 70.
    8. A big axiom when I go to retirement seminars provided at work (been to about 6 of them: I do my research :coffee:): everyone can afford to retire the first year or two, it is 7 -10 yrs. down the road when inflation has doubled (or more) the prices on everything that it hits the fan. (We've been lucky inflation hasn't been what it was in prior decades). Example: my water bill used to be $10/mo.; now it is $100/mo. (in just the last decade it had gone from $50 to $100/mo.)

If you are OK working then stick it out. If you make it 7 to 10 years out you might not even care.......:drool:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Here are a couple quick Rami v Shield pics.

The Rami is a little beefier in the hand and on the belt than the pictures demonstrate. I really like the Rami but the Shield conceals easier.

The P365 is smaller yet.

8e54b0626df47f1f6bd6f323b80f9ef0.jpg

b631b1b7bd2144c1fadaf5338ad4e277.jpg

7fcfa897f04089c1fa9742aa796fdc85.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd probably still have my Rami if it did not come with the high profile adjustable sights. Hated those on a CC gun. The one's above look much more carry friendly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So I went to Menards today and picked up a few O rings to be able to dry fire my 2 CZ's so as to smooth out the trigger. So far about 300 DA pulls with my SP-01 and I'd swear I can feel it smoothing out. Just another 700 to go. :rockwoot:
    Ok what did I miss? O rings to dry fire CZ's?
    I remeber the dry fire and shooting in double action knowledge but I must have missed o rings.

Anyone else have other hobbies besides guns? I collect everything I can get my hands on. Looking for one of those red British phone booths now :):
    I've seen them in places for decoration but they wont sell them. I also want a real cannon. Not a replica cannon but probably like a signal cannon from rev war period. It never ends. The **** I come up with I tell ya.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm shocked how similar in size they are. The Rami still feels like, and shoots like, a good size gun. Built heavier to weigh more, just like good furniture. :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love my shield. Ditched the 43 for it again

The Shield is very comfortable to carry. I carried mine for about 2 years, but finally got to the point where I don't like carrying smaller than a compact sized pistol. Very seldom will I go with something smaller, even though it's occasionally needed. I've been carrying my P10 for a few months and I've gotten pretty comfortable with carrying it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Shield is very comfortable to carry. I carried mine for about 2 years, but finally got to the point where I don't like carrying smaller than a compact sized pistol. Very seldom will I go with something smaller, even though it's occasionally needed. I've been carrying my P10 for a few months and I've gotten pretty comfortable with carrying it.
    Yep shield is just the backup, but on certain days I have to use it alone. But I always fell naked when i dont have my 19 IWB

I have a couple 26's I carry too but not at the same time. I'm trying to make sure if I like the gen 4 better than the new gen5 26.
    It's weird because it's the opposite of the 19, I like the gen5 the best.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep shield is just the backup, but on certain days I have to use it alone. But I always fell naked when i dont have my 19 IWB

I have a couple 26's I carry too but not at the same time. I'm trying to make sure if I like the gen 4 better than the new gen5 26.
    It's weird because it's the opposite of the 19, I like the gen5 the best.

I actually had to carry my LCP 2 to a family function recently at a facility that didn't allow carry. The good thing was that no one knew I was carrying as it pretty much disappeared.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom