There she is. Thanks. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If the redhead is better than the Ghost, it must be amazing.

I would hate to live on the margin between these. I always thought the Redhead was a (insert measurement known to sailors and other scoundrels which I would not want to explain on a family forum) better than the Ghost. When I would ask around I think a slight majority favored the Ghost, so, who knows.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey CZ fans, you are not going to believe what I'm about to say. :dunno:
    I met with Eric (name used with permission) at my range (Indy Gun Bunker) and he brought a CZ SP-01 for me to shoot, and I, of course, brought my CZ 75 B Omega for him to shoot!

I SHOT HIS SP-01 BETTER THAN MY OMEGA!!! :wallbash: What? Impossible and improbable but the truth is out there in my range pics (which I'll post later).

I was in desbelief! :ugh:
    I bought the wrong gun! :crying:

I'll post my range results on the proper thread, but I just has to tell you!
    Apparently everything you have been trying to tell me about CZ is true! (and I was reminded of that the other day. :ingo: ).

What I don't understand is that his SP-01 seemed a hair wider in the grip than my Omega (SP-01 an 18 shot, my Omega a 16).
    And, the SP-01 seemed heavier by a tad. How is that possible? The Omega is 36.4 ozs.
    Can I be discerning the extra 2 rounds in the magazine combined with the magazine itself being bigger, therefore, ever so slightly heavier?

Eric shot my gun better than I could also, I think: no surprise there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I met with Eric (name used with permission) at my range (Indy Gun Bunker) and he brought a CZ SP-01 for me to shoot, and I, of course, brought my CZ 75 B Omega for him to shoot!

I SHOT HIS SP-01 BETTER THAN MY OMEGA!!! :wallbash: What? Impossible and improbable but the truth is out there in my range pics (which I'll post later).

I'll post my range results on the proper thread, but I just has to tell you!
    Apparently everything you have been trying to tell me about CZ is true! (and I was reminded of that the other day. :ingo: ).

What I don't understand is that his SP-01 seemed a hair wider in the grip than my Omega (SP-01 an 18 shot, my Omega a 16).
    And, the SP-01 seemed heavier by a tad. How is that possible? The Omega is 36.4 ozs.
    Can I be discerning the extra 2 rounds in the magazine combined with the magazine itself being bigger, therefore, ever so slightly heavier?

Eric shot my gun better than I could also, I think: no surprise there.

SP01 has a full length accessory rail, that's your extra weight. They make many different grips that are interchangeable on the full size CZ'S, that would be the thickness in grip that you noticed.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    doddg...if you liked the CZ SP-01, wait until you try my CZ Shadow 2 (unless the SP-01 has been cajunized). The
    sp-01 weighs 40.7 oz with an empty mag so it was a 4 ounce difference you noticed and more importantly the extra weigh is on the nose of the pistol which slows down how quickly you can wave it around (as we all do while aiming). My Shadow 2 weighs 46.5 oz.

On a side note, my fingers just slipped on the keyboard and I ordered a CZ P-01.;)

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

You didn't buy the wrong gun. There are a lot of factors to take into account.
    1. You just bought your gun and getting used to it
    2. The SP-01 could have had some work done to it, though not necesarily
    3. You might want to have your gun customized to feel more like what you want it to feel like when shooting
    4. Don't let liking someone else's gun make you like yours less
    Before you get your next CZ you may want to find someone on here who has what you are looking to purchase can see if they will let you try it. Very friendly people in here and such great resources.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    doddg...if you liked the CZ SP-01, wait until you try my CZ Shadow 2 (unless the SP-01 has been cajunized). The
    sp-01 weighs 40.7 oz with an empty mag so it was a 4 ounce difference you noticed and more importantly the extra weigh is on the nose of the pistol which slows down how quickly you can wave it around (as we all do while aiming).

On a side note, my fingers just slipped on the keyboard and I ordered a CZ P-01.;)

Slipped, huh ! :):

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This happens! And the thing about it is that if it happens once then it's possible to happen again. You may want to try changing out your keyboard, but then the next one could have the same problem or worse. Where does it end? I suggest you keep the keyboard and try to just live with this flaw and see if it works itself out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom