Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don't enjoy shooting .308 all that much. I prefer rifles that don't hit hard. I'm not saying a .308 is a shoulder buster, but it's night and day compared to a 5.56. Also with my 5.56 rifles my wife and daughter can enjoy them too (they like the Acog as well).

Nice thing about .308 is they'll turn a lot of cover into concealment. It's better if you don't have to carry it and the ammo to far too do it though. My AR10 is a heavy pig.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good Morning all! CM, I am happy for you and CKW that she is feeling much better! Barry, nice Shadow 2, I have shot 5 of those and they are extremely accurate!;)

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I'm thinking that P-07 Kadet Kit in .22 will be in the future. I plan on keeping that gun stock and from what I've read the conversion is more reliable that way.
    I have the CGW upgrade in my P-07 and it runs the Kadet Kit with no issues. In fact I ran around 750 rounds thru it a few days ago.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning all... :coffee:

One of the best purchases I've made in a long time were my .22's, both handguns and rifles. I get a lot of enjoyment out of having fun at the range, while keeping the ammo costs down... :yesway:

I agree on the 22s. I shoot 22s more than I do anything else. At this point, 22s outnumber the centerfire options in my safe by almost 2 to 1. Still by far the most fun I have given a lack of a close outdoor range (that I know of) and the joys of medical issues that limits what I can play with in semi-auto rifles without being bruised.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm thinking that P-07 Kadet Kit in .22 will be in the future. I plan on keeping that gun stock and from what I've read the conversion is more reliable that way.

You do have to be careful. When I put the Kadet kit on my Wizard tuned P07, it ran full auto. I run it on my mostly stock P07 in .40 though and it's just fine there. The tuned P07 is off on loan with my oldest son just so I am sure to not mix the two frames up again. It sure was an eye opener when it happened. Must have been running north of 1200 rpm as it emptied the mag about a half second.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Last edited:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    You do have to be careful. When I put the Kadet kit on my Wizard tuned P07, it ran full auto. I run it on my mostly stock P07 in .40 though and it's just fine there. The tuned P07 is off on loan with my oldest son just so I am sure to not mix the two frames up again. It sure was an eye opener when it happened. Must have been running north of 1200 rpm as it emptied the mag about a half second.

Whoa!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey wizard, BA, CM & 88

Gonna try to put the aluminum grips onto the tac II and give it another shot the next time I go shooting. I hope it makes a difference for me. Getting a new sweet gun like that and not liking it when you shoot it the first time is a gut punch but not the first one its happened with. That's why I like to try them if possible first but not always possible when you like quality firearms. Hopefully I get to try out some of your guys CZ's.
    Feeling the aluminum grips and shooting them are night and day different. I dont like the feel of them at all in my hand just comparing them to the rubber ones. But I put the metal ones off the tac II on my sp01 tactical and loved shooting it with them. I loved shooting it with the rubber too but I think the flat grips may have been even better.
    At least with CZ you can change this stuff with a screw driver and new grips instead of a dremel with sanding drum or soldering iron like a glock lol

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey wizard, BA, CM & 88

Gonna try to put the aluminum grips onto the tac II and give it another shot the next time I go shooting. I hope it makes a difference for me.
    Feeling the aluminum grips and shooting them are night and day different. I dont like the feel of them at all in my hand just comparing them to the rubber ones. But I put the metal ones off the tac II on my sp01 tactical and loved shooting it with them. I loved shooting it with the rubber too but I think the flat grips may have been even better.
    At least with CZ you can change this stuff with a screw driver and new grips instead of a dremel with sanding drum or soldering iron like a glock lol
    I use Hogue finger grooves on everything that will take them. The Wizard even cuts them down for my compacts. I know that what grips feel good is very subjective and I know most don't prefer the Hogues but they work for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom