Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had guns that I loved when bought and then I lost all interest in them later. I've also had guns that I didn't like and then loved with just a grip change. For 1911s, I like the Pierce finger groove grips that BA mentioned. They make any 1911 feel perfect in the hand. For CZs, I'm all over the place. I have some that I like the plain old stock rubber P01 type grips on and others that I go with either VZ or Cool-Hand grips with. It varies from gun to gun what feels good to me at any given time. I wish that I had BA's discipline in setting up consistent platforms.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've had guns that I loved when bought and then I lost all interest in them later. I've also had guns that I didn't like and then loved with just a grip change. For 1911s, I like the Pierce finger groove grips that BA mentioned. They make any 1911 feel perfect in the hand. For CZs, I'm all over the place. I have some that I like the plain old stock rubber P01 type grips on and others that I go with either VZ or Cool-Hand grips with. It varies from gun to gun what feels good to me at any given time. I wish that I had BA's discipline in setting up consistent platforms.
    I'm just a creature of habit to the extreme. I like them all to be set up the same. Of course, there aren't many left but somewhere out there are a lot of guns that are or were same old same old.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good Morning all! CM, I am happy for you and CKW that she is feeling much better! Barry, nice Shadow 2, I have shot 5 of those and they are extremely accurate!;)

In your opinion, would you say the Shadow 2 has better accuracy compared to most other CZ's, including cajunized ones ? Asking for a friend. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In your opinion, would you say the Shadow 2 has better accuracy compared to most other CZ's, including cajunized ones ? Asking for a friend. :)
    I know this question wasn't directed at me but, I just can't resist. The most accurate CZ I have ever owned was a CZ 75 pre-B, fully Cajunized of course, with an accurized bushing installed. I guess all of the tolerances just lined up and it was/is stupid accurate. It now lives with Hoosier45 and he was kind enough to let me have a go with her again recently. She's still a peach in every way.
    As for the Shadows, I have owned over 80 CZs but never owned a Shadow. I have shot many including the Shadow 2s. I just never thought they were worth the extra bucks. I know, like all things guns, that many here will disagree and that's as it should be. We have taken a lot of SP01s and 75/85s to what I think is a higher level without the extra cost. Just my :twocents:. Advice that's worth what you pay for it. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning all... :coffee:
    One of the best purchases I've made in a long time were my .22's, both handguns and rifles. I get a lot of enjoyment out of having fun at the range, while keeping the ammo costs down... :yesway:

1. You are speaking my language!
    2. I have shot through 100s of dollars worth of 9mm this summer (to console myself with surgery recovery :laugh:, and couldn't go on any type of vacation), and can't keep up the pace financially, but I'm at Ziebart now with the wife's car, and when I come back at 12pm with roadster (Honda S2000) I will walk over with my small carry-on suitcase on wheels across the street to my range (Indy Bunker) and go through a few hundred rounds testing my new CZ 75 B Omega with my newer CZ SP-01 Tactical to see if the Omega gets trimmed as planned, since I can't justify keeping both, since they are the samish flavor. It's hard enough for me to think of selling/trading the FNS Longslide and it's only a polymer instead of steel (but I love the size).
    3. But, spending $300 to buy 5000 rounds of CCI .22LR: much easier than spending $800 - $1000 to do the same in 9mm, and I have a "bevy" of .22LR guns to enjoy, some of which were bought off members here (Areoflight I have bought 2 guns from: name used with permission).

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

I think out of the box it is a fine weapon and feels good in the hand with the stock aluminum thin grips. Felt recoil is lessened a tad because of the extra front end weight. It's barrel is longer 1/4-1/2" I do not remember exactly. The stock sights are great and do not need to be replaced. It comes with thin safety levers but also has the extended left side if that is what you would prefer. I have shot 2 that were converted to SAO which gives you that 1911 trigger flavor, very short reset and take up. I think accuracy is better out of the box than other CZ's. I have fired some that need some love and afterwards were extreme tack driver's. I my opinion there is always room for improvement with the CZ platform but for someone that want's a great shooter out of the box and does not want to dump extra cash into one it is worth the $$$

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know this question wasn't directed at me but, I just can't resist. The most accurate CZ I have ever owned was a CZ 75 pre-B, fully Cajunized of course, with an accurized bushing installed. I guess all of the tolerances just lined up and it was/is stupid accurate. It now lives with Hoosier45 and he was kind enough to let me have a go with her again recently. She's still a peach in every way.
    As for the Shadows, I have owned over 80 CZs but never owned a Shadow. I have shot many including the Shadow 2s. I just never thought they were worth the extra bucks. I know, like all things guns, that many here will disagree and that's as it should be. We have taken a lot of SP01s and 75/85s to what I think is a higher level without the extra cost. Just my :twocents:. Advice that's worth what you pay for it. :)

1. This inexperienced person is listening with both ears!
    2. Thanks for your input (since it is my sense of the situation) b/c I know I'm not going to spend $400 to upgrade a gun to get a little more accuracy, not unless I buy one for a terrific price or have trimmed nearly all my guns and married a certain brand/model and know it will be buried with me when I die. :rofl:
    3. That's what I told my wife to do with my Honda S2000 roadster: use it for a coffin!:dunno: And yes, I think I'm funny!
    4. Actually, b/c of arthritis being my friend, I'll probably have to get a Wrangler when I can no longer get in and out of the S2 (getting in not the issue: getting out will be problematic). :oldwise:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. This inexperienced person is listening with both ears!
    2. Thanks for your input (since it is my sense of the situation) b/c I know I'm not going to spend $400 to upgrade a gun to get a little more accuracy, not unless I buy one for a terrific price or have trimmed nearly all my guns and married a certain brand/model and know it will be buried with me when I die. :rofl:
    3. That's what I told my wife to do with my Honda S2000 roadster: use it for a coffin!:dunno: And yes, I think I'm funny!
    4. Actually, b/c of arthritis being my friend, I'll probably have to get a Wrangler when I can no longer get in and out of the S2 (getting in not the issue: getting out will be problematic). :oldwise:

For the person that wants to make an initial investment but does not want to invest in upgrades then, yes, the CZ Shadow or Shadow 2 is an excellent way to go.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For the person that wants to make an initial investment but does not want to invest in upgrades then, yes, the CZ Shadow or Shadow 2 is an excellent way to go.

1. There's that Shadow coming up again and like I said, I shot gmcttr's Shadow 2: I'll put it on my "wish list."

2. Since I've gotten 2 CZz for under $500, the Shadow 2 is quite a step up for me.
    3. If I could trade my 75 Omega and FNS for one it would be doable. :laugh:
    4. I have seen them new for $1100 - $1300. Is the less expensive one OK for a novice like myself, or would I be sorry I didn't wait and get the more expensive version (which at this point I can't imagine, especially since I am looking at 1 or even 2 car payments on the horizon.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. There's that Shadow coming up again and like I said, I shot gmcttr's Shadow 2: I'll put it on my "wish list."

2. Since I've gotten 2 CZz for under $500, the Shadow 2 is quite a step up for me.
    3. If I could trade my 75 Omega and FNS for one it would be doable. :laugh:
    4. I have seen them new for $1100 - $1300. Is the less expensive one OK for a novice like myself, or would I be sorry I didn't wait and get the more expensive version (which at this point I can't imagine, especially since I am looking at 1 or even 2 car payments on the horizon.

I can't answer that question. Someone with more experience with the Shadows will have to weigh in.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is the original Shadow that much different from the Shadow 2?

It is according to the review Dean did on it. I can't remember where he posted that, but he said there were some differences that were pretty major to him. I think front and back checkering are one difference I can remember. Possibly the mag release as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom