Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I finally have a day. A day that I can choose what I do. No pressure. No outside responsibility's to deal with.
    I have some "Do for me" things in the shop. It is still a little to toasty outside (in the shop) for passive gun work ie polishing internals etc. but not for engine assembly.

I can make progress on this one...136 CI aftermarket Harley Thumper...
    Lgoji9J.jpg

or I could get the crankshaft in this piece. 388 CI SB chev. Stroker.....this pic is before it was machined to clear the long crank..:)
    UOyCk24.jpg

Or I could just do nothing. That might last for 30 minutes or so...:):
    I'd work on the Chevy. At least it wont die soon like a Harley. Everyone I've ever known with a Harley or a jeep works on fixing them more than riding them. ;)

I test drove a brand new 4 door jeep wrangler when I was vehicle searching and the check engine light came on. The next one started up and sounded like a herd of rabbits dying. That made up my mind about jeeps. So I bought something that can do the same thing and will run longer, and that I could fit a full rifle length biometric safe in the back too :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd work on the Chevy. At least it wont die soon like a Harley. Everyone I've ever known with a Harley or a jeep works on fixing them more than riding them. ;)

You might be surprised how reliable the new stuff from Harley is. Of course if you constantly ride them like you hate them something will break.
    Jeeps.......guys never put the money in the right places. Got to have the big wheels and lifts. Never spend on drive line etc and that stuff breaks when you do the big wheels and lifts. We have friends that still do the jeep thing. They have learned where to put the money now...:)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You might be surprised how reliable the new stuff from Harley is. Of course if you constantly ride them like you hate them something will break.
    Jeeps.......guys never put the money in the right places. Got to have the big wheels and lifts. Never spend on drive line etc and that stuff breaks when you do the big wheels and lifts. We have friends that still do the jeep thing. They have learned where to put the money now...:)
    Anything would be an improvement :):
    Jeep guys: buy a brand new jeep, and replace everything on it made by jeep, then its quality :laugh:
    And people are lining up to buy them and throw bags of money at them. It reminds me of this idiot I watched spend $3k on a mosin turning it into something that didnt look like a mosin, but it was still just a $3k mosin LOL.

Where did they put it? A Toyota?:):

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If seeking zen-like relaxation, I wouldn't do any of it, CM.
    I'd pack my favorite piece, take a walk in the neighborhood, and find a lemonade stand and a shady tree !
    But we're all different of course, and the path to zen is multitudinous. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd fly to Hawaii and get lost on my wife and I's favorite island and where I proposed (and it's not the one with all the bars and night life). Never enough time anymore for that much alone time it never seems. If I go there it's for at least a week. When you choose to have kids you make a commitment to put them first. So our vacations and small trips are mostly kid oriented.
    I'm not really complaining, we do plenty and are lucky, but I truly enjoy the alone times we get once in a while.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Depends on which motor has a home waiting for it.....

I miss my motorcycles for about two months each spring - though I was thinking about renting one in Florida and riding across the state one day. Alone. Me, loud pipes and bugs. That would be a months vacation all in one day....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    If seeking zen-like relaxation, I wouldn't do any of it, CM.
    I'd pack my favorite piece, take a walk in the neighborhood, and find a lemonade stand and a shady tree !
    But we're all different of course, and the path to zen is multitudinous. :)

Some would say it is the same path, we each just pave our path with different stones. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I need to see if I can rent a Ferrari somewhere around here. Overseas you can rent them and other nice cars everywhere.
    Wife says no motorcycles and it's a battle not worth fighting. With my back I couldnt/shouldnt ride one anyways.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depends on which motor has a home waiting for it.....

I miss my motorcycles for about two months each spring - though I was thinking about renting one in Florida and riding across the state one day. Alone. Me, loud pipes and bugs. That would be a months vacation all in one day....

Both engines belong to others. We sold the bikes in 03. All 3 of them actually.
    The chev is an Ingo members but no hurry's on either. I just feel better if I use my time to accomplish.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Fly to California. Rent one and drive up the coast through the Valley and back to your place of departure. Stay at a couple BB wineries.
    I will never set foot in California again. I know the north isnt like the south but nope. We went there every summer growing up. Parents had a house in corona del mar. It is nothing now like it was when I was growing up and that was a good area. Some of my family still lives out there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Both engines belong to others. We sold the bikes in 03. All 3 of them actually.
    The chev is an Ingo members but no hurry's on either. I just feel better if I use my time to accomplish.

Ahh.. well that changes it.

Do the 136 first so he can get some fall riding time in. The guy with the car probably isn't close being ready. LOL!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I will never set foot in California again. I know the north isnt like the south but nope. We went there every summer growing up. Parents had a house in corona del mar. It is nothing now like it was when I was growing up and that was a good area. Some of my family still lives out there.

Replace California with Colorado and the Valley with the mountains.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom